Potential Slayer's battle log

Day one (yesterday):

I ate loads and loads but was strangely hungry. No alcohol and a good amount of exercise:

Breakfast: Muesli with whole milk, an apple, orange juice, tea and coffee

Snacks: muesli with whole milk, a second apple, a chicken drumstick, a carrot, a slice of bread and butter, a spoon of peanut butter

Lunch: A soft boiled egg with salad and a banana and a cup of tea

Dinner: half a ham and mushroom pie, half a cheese and caramelised onion tartlet, some (lots of) cheese, bread and pate. 

Yum! 

Exercise: 30 mins of ballet by myself, 45 min ballet class plus the 30 minute walk to and from said ballet class. I'm aching this morning! 

Day two (yesterday):

Diet was a bit dodgy. Drank 2 out of my 14 available units of alcohol. Did no ballet but lots of walking.

Breakfast: Muesli with skimmed milk, tea, coffee, orange juice.

Snacks: apple, banana, slice of ham x2, slice of bacon x 3

Lunch: cheese, bread, pate, mushroom, tomato

Dinner: Quorn cheeseburger and chips (that's fries to any of you USA readers!)

Drink: one beer (1.5 units), one tiny whisky (0.5 units)

Exercise: 3 walks (all practical rather than fitness focused, but so what!). 1 x 30 mins, 1 x 20 mins, 1 x 15 mins

Day three (yesterday):

Ate loads. Need to get the eating thing back down, but this is the whole reason I was starting a battle log: to see what I was doing right and wrong.And I had a couple of drinks in the eve with my husband. On the plus side, went for a run :)

Breakfast: orange juice, tea, coffee, bacon, egg, beans, mushroom

Lunch: cheese, pate, ham, bread

Snacks: apple, yoghurt, raisins, tinned pears, a mushroom

Dinner: beetroot soup, cheese

Alcohol: 1 beer (2 units), 1 small glass of wine (1 unit) = 3 units, 5 units so far this week.

Exercise: a three mile run. Walked about half a mile overall (asthma playing up in v humid weather), so ran the remaining 2.5 miles. Very stiff today!

Day four (yesterday):

Again, ate way too much but plenty of veggies and was quite busy, so am not too hard on myself. 

Breakfast: cheese, banana, tea, coffee, juice

Lunch: cheese, pate, bread, apple, satsuma,

Snack: apple, hot chocolate, cheese

Dinner: Veg curry (mushrooms, onions, peppers, garlic, chilli, ginger, tomatoes, carrots)

Alcohol: 1 glass wine (1.5 units), half a beer (1 unit) = 2.5 units, 7.5 units so far this week, 6.5 maximum remaining.

Exercise: 25 minute walk, 35 minute walk, 20 minutes ballet.

Day five (yesterday): 

Dreadful day for food. Ate so much and so late in the evening that I felt ill and couldn't sleep. It was bonfire night so we were out over the interval we'd normally have dinner, came back and gorged ourselves. On the plus side, it was a great day for exercise!

Breakfast: tangerine, apple, juice, coffee, porridge made with mushrooms, peas, spinach and fromage frais.

Lunch: bread and butter

Exercise: 3 mile run (ran all the way, total time 31 minutes), 1h30 walking, 20 minss ballet - touched my toes for the first time in a very long time and felt chuffed about it!

Snacks: banana

Dinner: beetroot soup with bread and butter then chicken and millions of chips. 

Alcohol: 2 beers = 4.6 units of alcohol, =12.1 units of alcohol so far this week, 1.9 remaining. 

Day six (yesterday):

Ate a lot of rubbish again today as I spent the day doing family things. I skipped breakfast knowing that'd be the case though, and that will have helped somewhat. Exercise was okay, and no alcohol, so still 1.9 units remaining.

Breakfast: coffee

Lunch: Pork pie, danish pastry

Snacks: 2 x apple, 2 x mince pie and coffee, orange

Dinner: olives, pickled onions, cheese, salami, cherry tomatoes, crisps (LOTS of crisps)

Exercise: 30 minutes ballet, 1h walking

Day seven (yesterday):

Breakfast: apple, coffee

Lunch: sausage, beans, fried egg, potatoes, mushrooms, onion, juice, tea

Dinner: olives, cheese, tomatoes,  salami, veggie lasagne with onion, aubergine, carrot, kidney beans, garlic, tomatoes

Snacks: yoghurt

Alcohol: small glass of red wine (1 unit), small whisky (0.9 units)

Exercise: 25 minute walk, 35 minutes ballet, 3 mile run (30:33, a great time for me!)

Day eight (yesterday): 

I was a bit exhausted from all the ballet last week, but ballet class was great. Ate reaassonably middling well but then drank too much!

Exercise: 45 mins walking, 10 minutes ballet warm up at home, 45 minute ballet class.

Breakfast: Toast with peanut butter and jam, fruit juice, yoghurt and an apple.

Lunch: broccoli soup, cherry tomatoes, pickled onions, olives, yoghurt and an apple.

Snacks: an orange and three apples

Dinner: two chicken thighs, peas, an apple, then cheese

Alcohol: 4 units of wine, 1 unit of beer, 1 unit of whisky..., 6 units in total. Terrible start to the week!

Day nine (yesterday):

Rest day, woohoo! My body really needed it as I was aching all over from all the non-stop ballet. I'm grateful to the fact I have no car so walk everywhere as it always makes it seem like I lead quite an active life :P  I had a really busy day with work, so did a lot of 'grab something to eat' style food.

Exercise: 40 minutes walking

Breakfast: yoghurt, apple, coffee

Lunch: broccoli soup,  cherry tomatoes, pickled onions, olives, yoghurt, orange and an apple.

Snacks: cornflakes, half a mini cheese and onion pie, hot chocolate, chicken thigh

Dinner: Pizza, peas, kale, flat mushroom, cheese.

Alcohol: none. 8 units remaining this week.

Day ten (yesterday): 

Another rubbish day - seriously need to give my diet an overhaul. No ballet, two drinks, and dreadful food.

Exercise: 1h 30 walking

Breakfast: kiwi, apple

Lunch: 4 pieces of chicken, two apples, cauliflower soup

Dinner: sausage, peas, sweetcorn, too much cheese

Snack: 2 x apples

Alcohol: 1 small beer (1 unit), 1 rum (1 unit) = 2 units altogether, 6 units remaining this week

Day 11 (yesterday):

No exercise as I gave blood and they recommend you don't afterwards. Not going well. No alcohol though!

Exercise: 1h walking

Breakfast: kiwi, apple

Lunch: three chicken wings, orange, apple, carrot soup

Dinner: Veggie omelette made with mushroom, onion, garlic, squash, and served with kale

Snacks: Lots of chocolate -oops! 

Alcohol: none therefore 6 units still remaining 

Day 12 (yesterday):

Breakfast: apple, orange, banana, juice

Snacks: chocolate, four chocolate buns, cheese, apple

Lunch: cauliflower and squash soup, tomatoes, olives, onions, mushroom, kiwi, cheese

Dinner: courgette with garlic and cheese, apple pie and cream, fromage frais

Exercise: 20 minute walk

Alcohol: beer (4.5 units), whisky (1 unit) = 5.5 units, 0.5 units remaining

Day 13 (yesterday):

Breakfast: apple, orange, banana, juice, fromage frais

Snack: apple compote, chocolate bun

Lunch: celariac and squash soup with bread and butter

Dinner: veggie chilli, apple pie and cream, cheese

Alcohol: the world's tiniest glass of red wine - 0.5 units . 0 units remaining. 

Exercise: 1h of ballet woohoo! 

Woo hoo and whoop di do; I just did a weigh in, and I'm still the exact same weight in spite of all the rubbish I've been eating! 

Day 14 (yesterday):

Breakfast: apple, sausage and egg buttie, juice

Lunch: Apple pie with LOTS of clotted cream, a chocolate bun, an orange

Dinner: a big bowl of vegetable chilli, apple pie with clotted cream, cheese

Snacks: another chocolate bun, hot chocolate, bag of prawn cocktail crisps

Ballet: 1 hour and five minutes

Alcohol: none

Week two review:

Ballet: 3h of ballet, including 1 x 45 minute class.

Running: 0! It's been raining so hard we have flooding, if that's any excuse...

Walking: 4h 15 minutes

Alcohol: exactly 14 units.

Food: Bad! 1/5 for food! But on the plus side, more of it has been homemade this week (chocolate buns, apple pie, soup, chilli). I suppose the moral to that story is don't bake so much delicious stuff!

Day fifteen (yesterday):

Third day in a row where I did at least an hour of ballet and MY GOODNESS I am aching this morning, but it's so worth it :) My class went very well, and I have a few more ideas of things to practise at home too :)

Breakfast: orange juice, porridge with peanut butter 318 calories

Ballet: 15 minutes at home and 45 minute class.  -339 calories

Other exercise: 55 minutes walking -329 calories

Lunch: homemade cauliflower soup and bread and butter, served with cherry tomatoes, mushroom, and olives. Plus an apple. 223 calories

Snacks: tangerine, mince pie, banana, yoghurt, fromage frais, packet of prawn cocktail flavoured crisps, mini bag of cola bottle haribo 633 calories

Dinner: Beef steak served with aubergines, onions and tomatoes in a spicy couscous sauce, served with salad and a dollop of cream cheese - yum! Followed by a caramel doughnut - 584 calories

Alcohol: 1 half of a beer (1.25 unit). 12.75 units remaining,  102 calories

Total in: 1860 calories

Total out: 668 calories

Difference: 1192

Day 16 (yesterday):

Exercise: walking 40 mins -241 calories

Breakfast:Porridge with peanut butter, apple juice 310 calories

Lunch: Cheese, veg soup, mini apple pie and cream 376 cal

Snacks: apple, orange, banana, breaded dippers in mayo, yoghurt 580 cals

Dinner: quorn chilli and salad 342 cals

Alcohol: none, so 12.75 units remaining

Total cals in: 1608

Total cals out: 241

Difference: 1367

Day seventeen (yesterday);

All I can say is whoops... It rained all day very very hard so I didn't leave the house (I work from home most of the time)... So that was hence the no exercise....

breakfast: peanut butter porridge and apple juice 311 calories

lunch: broccoli soup, apple, banana, satsuma 228 calories

Dinner: vegetable soup, yoghurt, apple compote 516 calories

And this is where it all goes wrong: 

Snacks: three bags of crisps, 6 mini savoury eggs, lots of cheese 644 calories

Alcohol: 1 port (0.5 units), 1 whisky (1 unit), 1 brandy (1 unit), 1 beer (1.8 units), total 4.3 units,8.45 units remaining. 316 calories

Total cals in: 2015

Total cals out: 0

Difference: 2015

It turns out that if I'm a bit hungry and have a beer, I then eat ALL THE THINGS and drink more too. Fail! 

Day 18 (yesterday): 

Much better day, helped by the non-rain which meant I could spend time out of doors.

Exercise: Walking 2 h 13 minutes -693 calories

Breakfast: apple, orange, banana, apple juice 224

Lunch: pork pie and sausage roll 660 cals

Dinner: cowboy pie (beans, mushrooms, celery, garlic, onion, topped with sweet potato mash and cheese) 460 cals

Snacks:hot chocolate, crisps, cheese 538 cals

Alcohol: 1 large wine (2.7 units), 1 small beer (0.9 units) 220 cals = 3.6 units overall today, 4.85 units remaining

Total in: 1882 calories

Total out 693

Difference: 1189

Day 19 (yesterday);

Good day! Did an hour's ballet and really mastered one of the things we've been doing in class, woohoo. 

Breakfast: two slices of toast (homemade bread), one with marmalade, one with peanut butter, served with juice and an apple 373 cals

Lunch: soft boiled egg, rocket, pickled onions, olives, balsamic, packet of crisps, fromage frais 305

Dinner: Big veggie stir fry with extra beansprouts and marinated tofu, followed by a serving of amazing peanuts 502 cals

Snacks: apple compote, mini haribo, a lolly, cheese 283 calories

Alcohol: 2 x whisky (2 units), 1 small beer (0.9 units) 225 calories, total 2.9 units, 1.95 units remaining

Ballet: 1 hour 339 calories

Exercise (other): walking for 26 minutes, 153 calories

Total in: 1688

Total out: 492

Difference: 1196

Very happy with that! 

Day 20 (yesterday):

Woke up hungry and stayed that way to dinner time, in spite of eating quite a lot. Guess it was just a hollow day!

Breakfast: satsuma, banana, cornflakes and milk, apple. 337 calories

Lunch: Big veggie stirfry, peanuts, fromage frais 386 calories

Dinner: baked quail with chestnut stuffing, with a non-alcoholic beer and all the veggies (potatoes, carrots, peas, garlic, onion 738 calories

Snacks: Carrot, fromage frais, 4 x mini scotch eggs, a chicken drumstick, yoghurt, apple 654 calories

Alcohol: small white wine (1 unit), small brandy (0.95 units), no units remaining, 113 calories

Exercise: 1 hour of ballet (15 mins of watching vids and reading stuff, 45 mins dancing), 1h 45 mins walking.  758 calories

Total in 2228

Total out 758

Difference 1470

Day 21 (yesterday):

Breakfast: onion, fried potato, mushrooms, sausage, egg, tomatoes, beans , orange juice and a latte

Lunch: peanut butter on toast, peanuts, a fromage frais, a biscuit

Dinner: breaded quorn dippers, parsnips and potato wedges, and a yoghurt, and two non-alcoholic beers

Snacks: 3 apples, 5 biscuits, 

Exercise: 30 minutes walking.