Clarys RESTART

Clarys

I'm back, and this time I will start and finish strong!

I finalizing a cycle on my life and preparing for the next one.

One week ago I quit my PhD. There are many small reasons, but the one that made me decide (after a long time wanting to) was that my health was paying a too big price, more than I was willing to pay. I'm still fighting with the chronicle stress and hypothyroidism (and others issues) resulted from my master course, and the usual PhD life wasn't helping.
Now I need to decide what I will do with my life.
For most of my life I wanted to be a academe, I was sure that was my calling, my passion, well, I like to teach, I like to learn, but I don't like the political and bureaucratic stuff that is part of academia.

I will take a year off, so I have 2016 to figure out what I will do money wise (I will need a income).
I'm not moving out yet, I have some things to do here, and I want to take care of my lifestyle and routine before I decide to do something else. Besides, if I decide to do something I just have 6 weeks, my mom make it a point that I have to spend Christmas with the family.
So here I'm to restart my life, make big small changes, and decide where I want to go next.

Reclaim my life
What?
I have the chance to live my perfect day now, nothing is holding me back, well, my mind is holding me back. So I thought about what a perfect day would be and I'm implementing it in a routine form.
How?
Follow the perfect day routine everyday.
I track everything.
Tracking?
Spreadsheet!

Eat properly
What?
We all know that diet is the biggest part of the health journey. I need to stay away from the things that made me feel bad. When I'm eating clean I feel good and have more energy.
How?
I don't drink calories.
I eat real food usually prepared by myself, or with as few ingredients as possible.
I don't eat dairy, corn, wheat, peas, bread, beer, legumes (things that I'm sensitive to).
I don't eat gummy bears, jelly beans and the like (my kryptonite).
Tracking?
I should take note of everything that I eat, but I can’t stick with that, but I can everyday evaluate if I stay on track or not.

Spell a novel
What?
I'm participating on NaNoWriMo.
How?
Fallow the rules.
Tracking?
Word count everyday.

Train my body
What?
I will exercice everyday. No excuses, can be as hard or as easy as my body ask for.
How?
I will follow NF Academy on mondays, wednesdays and fridays. The other days I will something else, maybe a yoga video, maybe swim, maybe start Zombies run! 5k, maybe Zumba. I will do something.
Tracking?
Proper spreadsheet and yes/no on main one.

Absorb Knowlegde
What?
I love to learn new things, and I don't want to lose that aspect of the PhD so... I will finish the self paced MOOC that I started in February and I will do another one that start November 24th, and I will read things that help me better connstruc my novel for NaNoWriMo.
How?
I will do a little bit everyday.
Tracking?
Yes/No for time spend on MOOCs.

Relax
What?
I need to rest and relax, I quit my PhD because of stress, so this is a reminder to take easy for a while.
How?
I will meditate while I'm with my legs up before I put on compression socks. And I will read fiction at night. And maybe I will discover some new game to play, or re-install The Sims.
Tracking?
I will track just the meditation, as this indicate my compression socks usage too.

Terminate the To-Do list
What?
I have a infinite to-do list, mostly of small house repairs or documents to get in order. I want to finish the year, and my cycle in Goiânia with nothing on my To-Do list, unless something like plan for a trip or read a book!
How?
Just Do it!
The first step is centralize all the random papers and list in one place. Than I will at list one item everyday.
Tracking?
Just cross the item off the list.

There is a word that is recurrent in all the goals, everyday.
This is my main theme here, consistence on a day to day basis, I will create a routine that is focused on what I like to do with my day and that is focused on level up, my health, fitness level, lifestyle, and all my life!

I'm restarting my character too.
I know that I'm with a guild already, but I will use the recruits system to get points this time, and I will decide the points later...
  • Like 2

Hi, Clarys! Great to see your goals - you really are going for a fresh start. It looks like you will have the chance to use this transition time to create goof routines and level up your life!

Looking forward to seeing what you do for your new character.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hey there, welcome back to the boards!  All ofthe best with your challenge, it must all be a big change for you.

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Hi, Clarys! Great to see your goals - you really are going for a fresh start. It looks like you will have the chance to use this transition time to create goof routines and level up your life!

Looking forward to seeing what you do for your new character.

No more excuses to have a good routine!

I'm excited to create my new persona, I'm thinking about to start to do more creative writing around here!

Hey there, welcome back to the boards!  All ofthe best with your challenge, it must all be a big change for you.

It is a enormous change! It is almost like I loose who I'm, or supposed to be. 

Yay Clarys is back!

Hello there!!

I just finished the Recruit workout on The NF Academy, I'm exhausted, but I could complete it.

I'm having a good start, I'm excited to what this challenge will bring to me, where I will end.

Question: I want to do some kind of travel, get out my comfort zone a little. I went to US few months back (CNF), so I want another place, any ideas of somewhere amazing and cheap?

btw, I hate camping, I'm okay with lots of walking, tracking, be in nature, but I need a roof to sleep. :)

• Like 1

How are you doing with establishing your new routines?

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I disappear from here, but I didn't abandon the challenge.

I'm not doing very well, week one was a disaster, I didn't meet any of the goals.

I realize that I was with too big goals, so I scale down a little.

R - I'm having trouble going to bed at a decent hour, when I do that and get up early my day goes better. So I'm trying to force myself to turn off the computer around 21h.

E - Too much stress going on, so I'm just trying to not eat emotionally, what is being hard, and I'm keeping record of everything.

S - I'm late on my word count, but I'm writing every day, some days, like today, it is the only thing I do! It's being fun to write fiction, and I'm so involved with the story that Im not doing nothing more (hence my absence).

T - I did the BBWW one day and stay with massive DOMs for 3 days. As I have chronicle stress and I don't want to make that worse I'm listening to my body, everyday I make a assessment of how I'm feeling physically and if I have conditions to do something. I'm in the right mindset I think, but usually my body don't want to do anything extenuous, so I go for a longer walk with my dog, I stretch. Today I swim! It was a long time since I get on the pool! O swam 1k in about half hour, it was relaxing, I will do it more often now that I finally bought a new swimsuit!

A - I will keep this as the same. At least one hour of something, and I'm not doing good... I will get better as soon as I catch up my NaNoWriMo word count.

R - Meditation isn't a habit yet, but I keep trying.

That is it. I'm still trying...

• Like 3

I had a tough week, too. But, I'm still trying, as well.

I think you were smart to scale back a bit. 

We'll both keep at it... We can do this! 

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

How did the rest of your Week 2 go?

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hey Clarys, ShadowLion thought you could do with a boost of support. Looks like you are making a good go of your challenge even with the things you're struggling with. Be gentle with yourself you are doing something. Any small movement forward is an improvement. Just one percent improvement everyday, you can get there.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Clarys it sounds like you are doing great! Scaling back and focusing on the basics of not eating emotionally, just getting some writing done, and listening to your body is a great plan. Hope your week 2 finished out well! :D

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

Are you still keeping at it Clarys? I hope so. Let us know how things are going and if there is anything we can do to help.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir