Doll trips over a Dragon's tail...

IamDoll

Challenge Two

â— "'Don't worry, the dragon didn't hurt me. Turns out I am not even remotely threatening.' She went back to sleep and my ego got kicked in the ass. Leaving the Recruit hall has been nerve wracking and exciting to say the least." â—

☆ Book 1 The Story: Lose 90lbs

Main Quest: Lose 20lbs (or inch equivalent) by my birthday, Jan 8th, 2016 â˜†

Show Me Your Teeth: 80/20 Primal

(37/42 days +3CON | 32/42 +2CON | 27/42 +1CON)

*The conditions for the '20' are holidays, dates, friend time, family get-togethers, and particularly vicious PMS/periods

Walk It Off: 20min+ walk daily

(37/42 days +3STA/+1STR | 32/42 +2STA/+1STR | 27/42 +1STA)

*I did 10 last time, let's turn it up c:

Seize The Day: Sun Salutation hold 10sec+ each position & Standing Tree pose hold 10sec+

(37/42 days +3DEX/+1STR | 32/42 +2DEX/+1STR | 27/42 +1DEX) 

*I have a cocktail of physical problems thanks to disturbingly weak core strength, all this stretchy and holdy business will help with the pains as well as introducing a range of movement that my body has long forgotten

☆Goal progression kept in signature, battle log  updated daily. 5 day increment grace periods are to accommodate disability/sickness/injury should they occur/flair up.

☆Motivation:

1. I want to be a good example for my sisters and future children
2. To optimally manage my mental health
3. I want a healthy relationship with food
4. I want to be more comfortable in my skin
5. To be able to better participate in walks, hikes, and other outdoorsy things I once enjoyed
6. To be able to be pregnant safely and have the energy to play with my child (disclaimer: I have jacked up ankles and very literally weak core muscles that don't even activate properly when exercised, so if I got pregnant while being in my current physical condition I likely could render myself immobile)
7. I want to be able to protect myself (maybe rejoin the dojo)
8. To better my chances at having a long and healthy life with my loved ones
9. My husband
10. Myself

☆Current stats:

Doll, 23, Female

October 24th, 2015 218.4lbs

Height: 5'3"

Waist: 33.5"

Hips: 43"

Thighs: 27"

Calves: 17"

Arms: 13"

â— "...after dusting off from the embarrassing dragon encounter, I realized I needed to make a commitment to my recent idea of changing. Sure the last challenge was a nice start, but if I am going to strike fear or intimidate potential foes, I'm going to have to kick it up a notch.

Some time walking through rubble and muck, a grassy patch surrounded by thick forest appears. I set up a meager camp, take a deep breath, and look to the now starry sky. A smile creeps onto my face and a tiny glow starts in my heart, 'See you soon Dragon.'

Now the journey begins." â—

• Like 8

Doll | Gargoyle | Ranger | lvl 7th
STR 17, STA 8, CON 14, DEX 2, CHA 7, WIS 4
1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | Current | B L

Main Storyline: Drop 55lbs 06/55lbs

10.9%
4.4%

Glad you made it over here to the Rangers IamDoll!  Following along this challenge...  

Glad I did too. Everyone is so happy and supportive, I love it. Following you too. :) Let's kick some pants!

• Like 3

10.9%
4.4%

In for this ranger buddy.

Hehe, yeah buddy! Let us DO THIS!

Hey Doll. Glad to have you with the Rangers. Great goals this time around. Good luck.

Thank you, glad to be here. You were my first comment so it is cool to see you here. :3

• Like 2

10.9%
4.4%

G'day, I will try and pop in as I can. Looks like you have a good challenge ahead of you.

By the way as a father of six kids, I recommend stuffed toys as child surrogates. No mess, no fighting, no poop or vomit, and if you leave them at home by themselves no one looks at you strangely. [emoji38]

Welcome to the Rangers.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 3

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

G'day, I will try and pop in as I can. Looks like you have a good challenge ahead of you.

By the way as a father of six kids, I recommend stuffed toys as child surrogates. No mess, no fighting, no poop or vomit, and if you leave them at home by themselves no one looks at you strangely. [emoji38]

Welcome to the Rangers.

LOL WHAT is happening?! I should warn you that I am very literal and easily confused.

>u< Thank you for the suggestion.......... My cat has been a useful surrogate. The husband and I aren't quite in the baby making zone yet so...

>u> 

<u<

I don't know what inspired this wisdom but I certainly encourage it. Lol. By far the most interesting welcome I have received.

• Like 2

10.9%
4.4%

Eh you mentioned wanting kids. So I dropped my 2 cents worth in. I do so love my darling monsters. They are gorgeous and inspirational.

• Like 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Super love how you wrote out your challenge :D

Those are great goals, I'm super stoked for you!

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

I see you've already signed up for the walking PvP this round. Welcome to the Rangers and rock this challenge!

Heck yes I did! Even got my S Health thing on my phone all set up. I am really really excited to be a part of that pvp this round. It sounds like such a good way to keep me motivated and accountable. c:

Eh you mentioned wanting kids. So I dropped my 2 cents worth in. I do so love my darling monsters. They are gorgeous and inspirational.

It all makes sense now, lol. You threw me for a loop with that one. 

Super love how you wrote out your challenge :D

Those are great goals, I'm super stoked for you!

Hah, thank you. I am even considering illustrating the little story bits I make out oF all this. Thought it might be fun to very literally view myself as a character.

:P

10.9%
4.4%

Woo! First day diary...

Okay so full disclosure I ate like five homemade gluten free cookies and regret nothing. Husband thought it would be swell to congratulate me on sticking with NF ... with cookies. Lol.

But! I did not eat all of them, which may not sound like a big deal to y'all, but it is a major improvement in my eating habits. I am quite proud of myself. I am finding I am not liking sweets much and conventional dairy is still a bad idea.

My grocery list is fine tuned and I am excited. Going to cook up a batch of eats later tonight after I rest a little. Went on our first walk of the challenge and it felt amazing. I up'd the time to a 20 minute minimum and it is exactly right. Very glad I did because it still pushes me without being too much.

I am using this awesome S Health app on my android and gotta say, I LOVE the GPS tracking thing cause it really makes logging progress easy and accurate.

The app includes a heart rate checker which is why I bought this phone. I have chronic heart palpitations so I am often needing to take extra notice of what my heart is up to and to my delight, my heart rate after just finishing the walk is WAY better than it has been in forever! Looks like last challenge prepared me well. c: I love checking my progress in multiple ways.

You know you are on the right path when you actually look forward to every day's exercise/goal. 

Okay, gonna update my signature and PVP. Looks like I am going to CRUSH my pvp goal! :D Happy first day everyone!

• Like 7

10.9%
4.4%

Okidokie, ranger week 1 challenge is to move in a Rangerly way (or star warsy way but alas, I've never seen them)

;u; Okay, I will.

That is tomorrow's agenda, start the original 3. 

As for NF related, my challenge and the pvp I joined are both walking, so my Week 1 is to tack on an additional 5min. That is actually challenging for me so it hopefully counts. I am always going some random route (and occasionally Geocaching along the way) which keeps things interesting. c:

SO as you can read, this week I'll tack on 5min to my minimum goal and do a little Geocaching should my area/route permit. :3

• Like 4

10.9%
4.4%

Great start. Don't feel bad about the cookies. A little indulgence goes good every once in awhile.

Don't worry, I do not feel bad. I found it funny and made the choice to eat them. All parts of my developing a good relationship with food and good eating habits. :D 

I am visiting with my family today so I just gave them the rest of the cookies to avoid binging. I'm feeling pretty good about all this. Thanks for the encouragement.

• Like 1

10.9%
4.4%

Can't believe I missed your challenge post until now I was really looking forward to following along with you after seeing you in the recruits last challenge. Welcome to the rangers!

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

• Like 2

Can't believe I missed your challenge post until now I was really looking forward to following along with you after seeing you in the recruits last challenge. Welcome to the rangers!

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

-blinks- goodness, that is flattering. ♡♡♡ Thank you! I am very happy to be here. :D 

• Like 3

10.9%
4.4%

I walked way more today than I was anticipating :D already almost a quarter done with my pvp. Going to aim for the next level above it.

Awesome work Doll. :D

• Like 1