• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jmk

JMK - Things just got real!

I am a very competitive person and on advice from a fellow Doodlies, I’m going to create a nemesis to fight.  Thanks Terah!

It’s the villain that brings distractions & diversions into my day.  I must fight him all day to stay focused on the tasks I need to succeed for the day and get a little closer to my goals.  Eating better and exercising is just two parts of the person I want to be in six weeks. 

Time Management is what I struggle with the most.   Not leaving enough time to get things done or filling my time with the things that don't bring my closer to my goal are what keeps me stuck where I'm at. To battle him I must be aware of his Minions working daily in my life too.

n9ScczV.jpg

***Staying up too late

LfVfW0z.jpg

This goes hand in hand with the Social Media / Technology Minion.  I will fight this by actually following the timer on my phone that goes off at 9:30pm to start winding down.  I can’t make excuses, everything needs to be turned off.  I will also be informing anyone in my immediate circle that my phone will be turned off at 9:30pm and that they need to call my house phone in case of an emergency. 

***Social Media – Facebook, Pinterest, Misc Stuff on Technology

W64BpRO.png

Since my phone will be turned off at 9:30pm the evening before, I will not turn it on until I have completely finished my morning routine and am ready to go to work.  This is going to be very hard and I will now have to use my alarm clock instead of my phone, but I need to defeat this.

***Exercise must be done in the morning & in a class

nJsKPga.png

Because I am easily bored with working out, I will fight this Minion by rolling a die on Sunday night and planning out my workout routine for the upcoming week. 

To do this I’ve created a spreadsheet to be accountable and will hang the printout by my bed to be the first thing I see each morning.   

I’m going to build the foundation of my day on the following routines:

Morning

Not going back to bed after son leaves for school

Doing my daily devotionals

15 min of cleaning my house a day - includes the Minimalist Challenge PVP

Doing my extra daily task

Evening

Reading a chapter a night in my John Maxwell Leadership 101 book

Planning the next day

Going to bed between 10-10:30pm

My spreadsheet is a work in progress and will be updated Monday.

• Like 3

Day 1 - week 1

Morning routine went perfect

Monday Weekly goal - I went grocery shopping and made a bunch of food for the week.

Work out- did a weight lifting class

Evening routine - got off the computer at 9:45pm, but one of the two TV shows I watch is on Monday at 10:00pm so I didn't go to bed on time or do any reading. Since husband was at work I did Johari Windows on my phone during the commercials of my show so I wasn't totally tech free, but I'm ok with that as I did eleven windows!

On to day 2!

• Like 2

Thanks for checking in Terah!

This week was good. I've worked out five days, are very clean and went to bed on time a couple times.

Anything I do more often this week than last is a win for me. I lost 4.5# in the last month.

I have a personal goal that when I get to 165, I'm going to buy myself a pair of black boots. I've always thought my legs were too big to wear boots and I'm 3# away. Was planning to get some black Friday if I hit my goal!

• Like 5

I somehow missed your thread.  I'm following along now and I love your goals.  These would be tough for me so I admire you for tackling them.  

• Like 2

Week two update...

Keeping up on my minimalist challenge well and morning routines, but still don't have my evenings set. Eating is going well.

• Like 5

This week is going fast. It's very cold here and I quickly lose motivation to go anywhere which includes the gym. My sister is in town for the weekend and loves going to my gym kickboxing class so we will get a lot of that the next couple days.

Eating has been going well, just need to get to bed!

• Like 3

This was a weird week.  I worked out four times and eat healthy 80% of the week, but didn't hit any of my goals.  I need to get refocused for these last few weeks and get back to my goals. 

• Like 1

Challenge week 5: Be the Chief

We pick our own and get a point each day for doing it.

Something you want to do, but isn't part of your challenge like flossing your teeth, reading 15 min a day, drinking more water, writing a note to someone, going to bed on time, moisturizing your face, drinking less wine, drinking more wine, brushing out your yak or wearing tartan.

I'm working on punctuality this week.  I try to fit one more thing in before leaving and I am always 10 min late.  I will get one pt per day if I am on time the whole day.

I am also doing this with some friends - Butt Challenge

All family has left today and I finally feel like I can get things back together.  Also doing a 12-day detox with a friend, hoping to lose the 5lbs I put on this past week. 

• Like 4

Today was my monthly weigh-in.  Only down two pounds, but I hit the 20lb mark!  One more pound to go to get my new black boots sitting in the closet waiting for me!

• Like 4

Today was my monthly weigh-in.  Only down two pounds, but I hit the 20lb mark!  One more pound to go to get my new black boots sitting in the closet waiting for me!

FTFY

Good job!

• Like 3

You have been selected as this week's villain for the Wonder Woman Villain Face-off!  Let the battle begin.  

Wonder Woman Villain Face-Off Battle

Week 6 Battle

Wonder Woman

spin4.gif

vs

Queen Clea

played by JMK

1104541-queenclea.jpg

This battle will be played out with a Fitness Goal and a General Well-being goal.  The player with the highest score is the victor.

Wonder Woman's goals

Fitness Goal: Princess vs Queen, another epic battle. In order to save Steve Trevor from the Queen's fighting arena Wonder Woman needs to be strong.  5 Workouts throughout the week. 

General Well-being Goal: Wonder Woman needs to take care to stay strong.  Rest between battles will be crucial.  Must be in bed by 11:30, lights out, for the 5 weeknights of the week.

Queen Clea's goals

Fitness Goal: New class or workout 6 days

General Well-being Goal: 7 hours of sleep per night, scripture meditation per day

• Like 1

2016 Roadmap

I’m excited for this next year and where it’s going to take me.  When I look ahead to who I want to be by the end of this year, I want to be that classy not quite middle aged woman that knows how to carry herself with dignity in every situation.   Always having the right thing to say that not only honors the one it is said to, but shows maturity and love in the delivery. I want to look the part and dress in pretty clothes.  Ultimately, I want to be a beacon of light into others’ lives, encouraging and showing them the love of Jesus through my actions towards them and others.

My challenges are going to based on these three areas all year.

1.  Spending more time learning about the character of Jesus.  How he loved others and saw them through their faults, sins, ect.  Intentionally not being so judgmental.  Looking for the best in everyone. Being aware of ways to encourage those around me. Not so focused on myself.

1. Continuing to work on my fitness.  I lost 20 lbs this year.  My goal was to hit 165 to start wearing boots and I accomplished that in early Dec.  I don’t have a weight goal as I do have a pretty clean eating plan going and will continue to eat this way the rest of my life.  I am not going to stress out on how slow it may be going and know I will hit where I am supposed to be soon.  I will continue to work out trying new things and challenges.

1. Self-care.  There’s a lot I’m going to put under this title, but ultimately it comes down to planning ahead to get many things accomplished.  House cleaning, reading, learning new things, trying new adventures, crafting, friendships, etc.
  • Like 3