Super Mario Assassin All-Stars: LEVEL 1

starsapart

LEVEL 1: BASIC!

giphy.gif

Welcome to the first level of Assassin Super Mario World!  Time to learn about this new world you've found yourselves in and work out some of the controls before heading out to rescue your targets!  The first thing we will need to do is learn how to JUMP!

HOW TO PLAY:

giphy.gif

• In order to complete this level, each Assassin will need to complete 100 jump reps before the end of the week.  There are 4 movements available; you may do 100 reps of any combination of the following:
  • If you have an injury that means you cannot jump safely OR if you prefer not to jump, please skip below to the Yoshi Completion section.
  • Each participant may complete the level only once.  You may not pool reps for your teammates (i.e. teammate A cannot add to teammate B's score).  Once you have finished your reps, you are free to continue past the limit and you may earn a special item going into the next challenge, but 100 reps is all that is necessary to earn points for your team.

YOSHI COMPLETION:

giphy.gif

• Mario's favorite dinosaur friend is available to help you clear the level with ease!  Each week's level will have a Yoshi completion option that will involve cooking.  Injured Assassins or those with issues completing the physical challenge are encouraged to take on the Yoshi challenge instead.
  • As you know, Yoshi needs to eat... a lot.... to keep up his energy and carry you through the level!  To complete the level with Yoshi, you must make a dish using the week's special ingredient and post:
    • The recipe
    • A photo
    • Your (or a taste tester's) review
  • To the best of my ability, ingredients will be easily accessible and in-season.  All ingredients will be produce so as to ensure most eating philosophies (paleo, vegetarian, etc.) can participate.  Week 1's special ingredient is acorn squash.  If and only if you have no access to acorn squash, please substitute another type of squash of your choosing or, if no squash of any sort is available, please cook using tomatoes.
  • Remember that each participant may complete the level only once.  If you choose to complete the level with Yoshi, you do not need to jump at all.  Similarly, if you choose to do the 100 jumps, then you will not receive points for the Yoshi completion.

Team scores will be determined by the number of team members that complete the level.  This mini-challenge lasts until SUNDAY 11:59PM EST... so get jumping!

>>JUMP JUMP JUMP AROUND!<<

Still need to sign up for a team? PM starsapart to be assigned.

Normal Mini-Challenge Rules:

- Mini-challenges are not mandatory, feel free to ignore this one if you don't want to participate. Don't let mini-challenges hinder your own goals.

- If you're not sure how to register something, post it here.

- Keep it simple!

- Don't hurt yourself!

Every Assassin who competes in this mini-challenge gets +1 DEX for getting bouncy!

Assassins, remember to be safe and have fun!

• Like 4

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I was all-  Jumping and Cooking - yay!  but then I realized I only get points for one...  :(  

Perhaps I will do both anyways.  

• Like 5

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

As an Australian, we hath not the acorn squash. I could probably do the jumps, but if not, can we find an unusual alternative for us? We're opposite seasons. 

• Like 1

World Wanderer- Level 11

Weightloss- Lose 50kgs

0%
0%

Ultimate Pathfinder: Pack-hike 100km (cumulative)

0%
0%

AWW YISS MY KNEES ARE READY

Also I am old because this is the first thing I thought of:

tumblr_mazrrxUrX41rtgem1o1_500.gif

• Like 6

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

I was all-  Jumping and Cooking - yay!  but then I realized I only get points for one...   :(

Perhaps I will do both anyways.  

You can certainly do both just for fun if you like! ;)

As an Australian, we hath not the acorn squash. I could probably do the jumps, but if not, can we find an unusual alternative for us? We're opposite seasons. 

Whoops, I was hoping it would be available year round in the southern hemisphere (it is here), but I will provide an alternative.  Can you direct me towards a good list of what's in season for you guys?  The internet is giving me some pretty varied lists and I want to make sure I pick something you can easily get your hands on. :)

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I'm right beside you, on the porch of that "Senior House" (of pain).

AHAHAHA YES

Give me my Metamucil and get that old 90's rap on the record player!

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Quickly posting this here before DWK comes up with it...

tumblr_nqpb8xrHpB1tpri36o1_400.gif

article-2029997-0D9049EC00000578-532_634

I'm right beside you, on the porch of that "Senior House" (of pain).

AHAHAHA YES

Give me my Metamucil and get that old 90's rap on the record player!

Me too, my friends. Me too!

Dancing%20Grandma.gif

• Like 3

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Yeah!  Injured assassin option, this makes me happy!!  I'm recovering from gum graft surgery but still have a challenge and I still want to play.  Now I get to.  Thanks!

tumblr_m3amdfRmXh1rnhtkzo1_r1_500.gif

Awesome!

I always try to offer a scaled option for injuries, but this time I decided that we hadn't cooked in awhile..... zero impact cooking option it is!

• Like 5

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Yeah!  Injured assassin option, this makes me happy!!  I'm recovering from gum graft surgery but I still put together a challenge and I still want to play in the mini-challenges.  Now I get to.  Thanks!

tumblr_m3amdfRmXh1rnhtkzo1_r1_500.gif

OMG, I loved this game so much. I wish I still had it. :( (stupid parents throwing out my N64 and all the games without asking my permission ARGH!!!!!!)

• Like 2

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

My back is hurting again, and there is no acorn squash available where I live (the Netherlands). So I'll try to participate next week!

Go Blue Team :)

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

My back is hurting again, and there is no acorn squash available where I live (the Netherlands). So I'll try to participate next week!

Take a pumpkin and a squash instead ;) This acorn squash looks like a mix of those two. Or have a look at this Wikipedia article on the acorn squash that names the related squashes. Maybe you can take one of those.

Also can fully relate to the hurting back. That really sucks.

• Like 2

Iceburner

Lvl. 7 Human, (Lvl. 5 Assassin, Lvl. 2 Rebel)

STR: 13.25 ~ DEX: 6.5 ~STA: 14.25 ~ CON: 9 ~ WIS: 15 ~ CHA: 10

Current Quest: #9 - Finding the balance in mind and body

Battle Log

Finished Quest (challenge): #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7, #8

Aborted Quest (challenge): #6

"Kaizen!!!" 

weight loss goal (92kg -> 87kg): |----------------------->| (currently 86.3)

waist loss goal (109cm -> 94cm): |--------->____________| (currently 103)

pull-ups (0 -> 10): |->____________________| (currently 0)

push-ups (0 -> 50): |------>_______________| (currently 12)

Take a pumpkin and a squash instead ;) This acorn squash looks like a mix of those two. Or have a look at this Wikipedia article on the acorn squash that names the related squashes. Maybe you can take one of those.

Also can fully relate to the hurting back. That really sucks.

Yes, please participate!  If you have access to another type of squash, use that (including zucchini/courgette).  If not, I've put in a very generic substitution that I believe should be available everywhere.  I was waiting to hear what was in season in the southern hemisphere, but there's definitely variation in Europe as well (I recall that I had squashes when I lived in France but they're probably not everywhere!).

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Tomorrow is leg day too. I am so glad the jumps are already done!

• Like 2

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Yes, please participate!  If you have access to another type of squash, use that (including zucchini/courgette).  If not, I've put in a very generic substitution that I believe should be available everywhere.  I was waiting to hear what was in season in the southern hemisphere, but there's definitely variation in Europe as well (I recall that I had squashes when I lived in France but they're probably not everywhere!).

I've got a courgette dish planned for tomorrow :D I didn't know that was a squash.

Oh, and it has tomato's too :) Thanks!

• Like 4
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45