Super Mario Assassin All-Stars: LEVEL 1

starsapart

I'm not that much of sucker for pie, i mean, these are also still standing in the kitchen:

KhFnEGSl.jpg

And they haven't walkend off yet.

Now if it were a nice special beer of some sorts...

I know there is talk about this on the forum:

o-NBB-570.jpg?7

Those are some EPIC cupcakes! O_O I wouldn't want to eat them; just stare at them in awe.

As far as the beer. Yes, bring on the beer.

• Like 2

Now if it were a nice special beer of some sorts...

I know there is talk about this on the forum:

o-NBB-570.jpg?7

OMFG GIMME GIMME GIMME NOW OMG WANT!!!!  I wonder if they have that anywhere near me. NEEEEEEEEEED!

• Like 2

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

I'm not that much of sucker for pie, i mean, these are also still standing in the kitchen:

KhFnEGSl.jpg

And they haven't walkend off yet.

Those are some EPIC cupcakes! O_O I wouldn't want to eat them; just stare at them in awe.

Ha!  I would eat them in a heartbeat. :D

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I had a salted caramel beer once from... uhhh...whoa, New Belgium actually!!  (Hmm, maybe they have a theme going.)

nbb-salted-belgian-choc-stout.jpg

It was actually pretty terrible. ;______________;  But that's just like my personal taste man~

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

You guys are testing my willpower when it comes to the sweet things. Cupcakes, pies, sweet alcohol beverages..... ALL OF THESE THINGS DO WANT

• Like 2

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

I showed the New Belgium Ben & Jerry's pic to my wife, and we instantly agreed that it would, like all crazy beers, either be really good, or really terrible. But I still want to try it!

EDIT: THEY MADE AN ICE CREAM TOO!!

http://www.newbelgium.com/Libraries/General_Imagery/lander_grid_benandjerrys_icecream.sflb.ashx

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Nope.  For yet another year, I did not dress up for Halloween.  We hardly had any kids stop by for trick or treat .... might have to volunteer at the Y next year - in costume.

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Chicken Fajitas with Roasted Spiced Acorn Squash

1 acorn squash

1 pound of chicken breasts, cut into strips

1 whole sweet onion, sliced into long strips

2 whole sweet peppers, cut into long strips

1 can of green chiles, diced (optional)

Warm flour tortillas (optional)

guacamole and salsa (optional)

salt pepper, cumin, chili powder, pumpkin pie spice

fajita seasoning packet (or make your own blend with cumin, garlic, peppers)

olive oil - 2 tbsp, divided

Preheat oven to 425. Carefully cut the squash into bite size chunks, removing peel and inner stringiness. Toss squash in 1 tbsp of olive oil. Spread chunks on baking sheet lined with foil or parchment. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and pumpkin pie spice. Roast for 30 minutes or until fork-tender.

Warm up a skillet and add remaining tbsp of oil. Heat oil and add chicken, browning all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as it cooks. Once the chicken is cooked thoroughly, remove from heat and move to a bowl. Return pan to heat and add onions. Saute until onions begin to turn soft and translucent. Add peppers and chiles, continuing to stir and cook until the veggies are soft. Return chicken to the pan to heat it up. Add your spices or fajita packet. Just before everything is done, add the squash cubes to warm them up in the sauce. Remove from heat and serve in tortillas. Garnish with salsa and guacamole.

Chicken Fajitas with Roasted Spiced Acorn Squash

• Like 5

Level 4 Assassin

Red Team for Mario Challenge

Team Gimli in Fellowship of the Ring Challenge

Hufflepuff Housemate from Nerdwarts Challenge

gallery_42438_2061_102236.jpg

Sweet and Savory Stuffed Acorn Squash

Original Recipe from Clean & Delicious (video)

Recipe slightly altered with substitutions and scaled for 2 people.

• 1 acorn squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
  • 1 tsp. oil
  • 1/2 small onion, chopped
  • 1 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped carrots
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 tbsp. poultry seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1/2 lb ground turkey
  • 3/4 cup tomato sauce
  • 1/8 cup dried dates, roughly chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  1. Pre-Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Place prepared acorn squash, skin side up, on a rimmed baking sheet or pan that has been lightly coated with oil. skin side up. Cook for 25 minutes or until tender.
  3. While you’re squash is cooking, heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add in the onions along with pinch of salt and saute until the onions are translucent.
  4. Add in garlic, celery, carrots, and spices. Mix everything together and cook another 3-5 minutes or until the veggies are beginning to become tender.
  5. Move all the veggies to one side of the pan and add in ground turkey. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the meat has browned through, continuously breaking it up with your spatula or wooden spoon so that is in small crumbles.
  6. Mix the veggies in with the beef and add in tomato sauce and dried dates. Simmer for 10 minutes and then scoop the filing into the cavity of each squash.

I don't remember having acorn squash before and I know I have never cooked one. I wanted to find a recipe that didn't involve slathering it with butter and brown sugar. This recipe almost did the trick. I think the addition of the dried fruit, I substituted dates for the cherries to use what I had on hand, made the filling a little sweet. I think it needed something to balance it out either acid or something spicy. That said though, it was still really tasty and I will make it again, but next time use the original ingredients.

• Like 4

Level 4 Assassin

Challenges: Current 1 2 3 | Trackers: Current 1 2 3

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

You guys are such good cooks O_O

Seconding. all the noms

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Acorn Squash, its what's for breakfast.

C22F163E-4DC3-4B42-A40F-DD076E2194D8.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality image, it really does not do the dish justice.

Recipe and write up can be found here.

• Like 4

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

31c0c14c8f6e9e4538f7cdc7cc074ec3.jpg

1 Tbsp olive oil

acorn squash, halved & seeded
1 apple, diced
2 Tbsp diced celery
2 Tbsp water
2 tsp minced onion
2 tsp butter, cubed
1 tsp maple syrup
1 pinch ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
  2. Place squash, cut-side down, on baking sheet.
  3. Combine apple, celery, water, onion, and butter in a small baking dish; cover with aluminum foil.
  4. Bake squash and apple mixture in the preheated oven until squash and apple are tender, about 45 minutes. Fill squash halves with apple mixture; drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.

I love this recipe! One of my favorites for autumn. Sweet but not too sweet, and nicely filling. I served a California Gewurztraminer wine with it, and it went well. Other reviews:

(Gadget and Widget are 4 years old and 18 months old respectively, those are their internet nicknames)

G&W: Pretty much spurned it. Gadget had "one bite" so that he could have crackers instead. Widget skipped the whole meal. 

Husband: Really likes this recipe, but was thinking that every food review needs the word "piquant" in it somewhere and we got into a debate about what "piquant" actually means. Turns out it really should refer to something hot-spicy, no matter how foodies use it. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

Two qualifiers here: 

1) I eat vegetables about once a year, if that, just to see if I still hate them. Every year I do, but a tiny bit less. Someday...

2) My gentleman cooks, not me. My expertise stops at college cooking. 

That said, I made the effort, and here's my contribution: Parmesan roasted acorn squash. I made it through two thin slices before the weirdness caught up to me. My gentleman, of course, loves it. Go figure. 

6075cc43-a0ce-47f6-b0e5-687dff03128b.jpg

• Like 2

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

NomNomNom.jpg

• Like 5

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Leave it to me to wait to the very last second.  

Made an amazing Acorn Squash recipe!  

I absolutely LOVED it.  I ended up making it for my girls and mom and dad.  Really enjoyed it.  

12235564_10200895453744756_340831001_o.j

Roasted & Stuffed Acorn Squash with Brown Rice, Seasoned, Lean Ground Beef and Black Beans, with a touch of Sharp White Cheddar
(Serves 4)

Ingredients:

2 acorn squash
• Olive oil
• Salt
• Fresh cracked black pepper
¼ onion, finely diced
¼ lb extra lean ground beef (96/4)
2 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
• Pinch cumin
• Pinch cayenne pepper
• Pinch cinnamon
¾ cup cooked brown rice
½ cup black beans
¼ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped, divided use
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
¼ teaspoon orange zest
¼ cup finely shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
1 green onion, chopped, for garnish
• Simple Tomato-Cilantro Salad (recipe below)

Preparation:

-Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.

-Prepare the acorn squash by cutting off the bottom “point†to create a flat surface (don’t take too much off), and also cut the stem part off to create another flat surface, again taking care to not cut too much off; next, cut the squash in half width-wise, in the center, creating 4 halves; scoop the seeds and stringy bits out, drizzle a little bit of olive oil into each of the 4 halves, and add a couple of pinches of salt and pepper to each half; place each squash half onto the baking sheet with the cavity facing down, and roast for roughly 35 minutes, or until the flesh is fork tender; remove from the oven, and allow the squash to cool slightly until they can be handled; leave the oven on.

-While the squash roasts, cook the ground beef by placing a medium-size non-stick pan over medium-high heat, and drizzling in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil; once the oil is hot, add in the onion, and saute for about 2 minutes; next, add in the ground beef and break it up with a spoon/spatula into small crumble; once the beef has slightly browned, add in a couple of pinches of salt and pepper, the garlic, the cumin, the cayenne and the cinnamon, and stir to combine; allow the beef to finish browning, then turn the heat off, and turn the seasoned beef mixture out into a bowl; next, add to the beef the cooked brown rice, the black beans, the quartered cherry tomatoes, the chopped cilantro, the sunflower seeds and the orange zest, and combine the ingredients very well; add another pinch of salt if needed, and set the mixture aside for a moment, keeping warm.

12236906_10200895453264744_1434215811_o.

-Once the squash is cool enough to handle, spoon equal portions of the beef/rice mixture into the cavity of each squash half, sprinkle over the top about 1 tablespoon of the sharp cheddar cheese, and place the halves back onto the baking sheet and into the oven to bake for an additional few minutes just until the cheese melts; serve with Tomato-Cilantro Salad on the side, for a fresh and bright addition.

• Like 5

Level 4 Demon/Assassin

We Can't All Be The Hero.

STR:6  DEX:7 STA:8  CON:5  WIS:8 CHA:2

"No power in the 'verse can stop me." River

Wow, I go do my thing over the weekend and come back to all these delightful noms.  WINNING.

Good job finding someone else to eat it and review if you don't like it - that's an option too, so don't be turned off the Yoshi challenges if you're not into a particular ingredient..... though if you grow to love veggies as much as I do, I won't be sad. :D

Still an hour or so before the level closes!

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

LEVEL COMPLETE!

1922qnao464lvgif.gif

Results:

• 1st place with 18 level completions: Pink Team - 100 points!
  • 2nd place with 16 level completions: Red Team - 75 points!
  • 3rd place with 15 level completions: A TIE between Blue Team and Green Team- 50 points each!

BONUS ITEM!

F4D.gif

In addition, the following 3 top performers have managed to find a Red Mushroom!

1. stillskies - 310 reps
  2. Trewest - 300 reps
  3. Plitog - 260 reps

The Red Mushroom is an item that can be carried over into Level 2.  If you have a Red Mushroom, you're automatically bigger and stronger, so you may complete only 1/2 of the required reps for level 2 in order to finish the level!  If you do not want to use your item, it may be given to ONE team member of your choice.  At the end of level 2, your item expires, so please make sure to use it wisely to ease your path OR help a struggling teammate!

Now, on to Level 2!

• Like 13

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads