Hey Recruits, 

This is your campus tour.  Your guide around the incredible site that is NF and its 6 week challenges.  Hopefully by the end of your stay with us you'll be ready to "graduate" into your guilds. 

Soooo here they are:

1. Get SMART

2a. Making Friends

2b. Beast Mode

4. Checking your starting credits

Also keep your eye out, as I might pop a fun mini side challenge every now and again. 

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Week 1 - Let's Get SMART

So you've set up your challenge and people have popped in and said hi, given you some advise on your goals and just generally cheered you on for the start of your challenge. There's so much information to go that sometimes it seems like you're being overwhelmed. How do I allocate attribute points? Which guild do I join? What should my workout look like? Can I join an Accountability Squad?

You don't need to worry about these things right now. What you do need to worry is your challenge. For this first week you should be focusing on your own quests. Once you're comfortable with them you can move onto other questions. Your mini quest this week will to really really look at your goals and make sure that they're SMART. 

= Specific
= Measurable
= Attainable/Achievable
= Realistic/Reasonable
= Timeous

Here are some questions to put your goals to the test:

• Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)? Is it reasonable?
  • Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?
  • Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?
  • Are your goals able to be measured and tracked? What will you use to track them?
  • How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every day”, “not even once over the six weeks”)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight” or “run the distance”?
  • What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?
  • Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge? What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?
  • Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?
  • Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set? If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?
  • Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

Your mini quest: Make sure your goals are definitely SMART.

For completing this mini quest you will receive an additional +1WIS at the end of the 6 weeks. 

• Like 4

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)? Is it reasonable?

Yes it's achievable and yes I think it's reasonable, many before me have done it, why not me?

Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

Yes, the three main quests all point towards lifting as much as I can. The side quests point towards a better me. I don't feel like I'm taking on too much, but we'll have to see, and if so, adjust.

Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

Yes, most of them aren't very "shoot for the moon" types to begin with, just kind of chipping away at the end goal, I don't think they could get much smaller, at that point they'd be not worth doing at all.

Are your goals able to be measured and tracked? What will you use to track them?

Yes, creating a daily checklist to write down what I've done each day.

How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

Letter grades, they're not a binary pass/fail, more pass, kinda pass, fail. The rewards are only for my big goals that are sort of a parellel quest of sheer lifting numbers

What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

If any of those happen, then I'll have to modify what I do for workouts, eating and sleeping shouldn't be much of an issue though

Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge? What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

None, that I can think of anyway. There's naturally some room in my schedule to finagle things around a bit, just not too much.

Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

I don't think so, the main goals all come together to form one larger goal... it's the Voltron of goals.

Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set? If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

Yes I do, actually doing them will be the main issue.

Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

Main quest, with one habit.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)? Is it reasonable?

I belief it is both, They are quite simple quest that dont require anny materials. The hardest one to achieve is not eating anny candy.

Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?
They are more then 3 but yes they do build towards my main quest, all of them are build around either losing weight or mainting an optimal weight once i reach it.

Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

They are realistic enough.

Are your goals able to be measured and tracked? What will you use to track them?

My goals have very set parameters therefore they are very tracable,

How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

Almost all of my goals are gradeable except for a complete cut out goal wich i need to achieve  actually lose weight.

What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

The excercise goals will be difficult and i have no plan to it, but the nutrition goals are definitly do able.

Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge? What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

I did :P it is an exception day

Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

Nope

Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set? If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

Most of them are very flexible or changes to small habits therefore i barely need to clear my schedule.

Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

It is a bit of both, they build new habits but also contribute to the weight loss.

• Like 1

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

Yes, it is both achievable and reasonable. It involves simply sticking to habits for a defined minimum amount of time.

Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

All three quests contribute toward building an overall fitness habit and focus on one area individually.

Yes, my main goals can realistically be scaled up or down by adding or removing amounts of time.

Yes, my goals can be tracked by whether I performed the habit each day. A mark on my calendar would indicate whether the goal for the day was met or not.

In an effort to reduce the chance of "half-assing it," my goals are either pass or fail. Either I complete the goal for each week or I do not.

I will only counts towards my grade those weeks in which I am physically able to complete the goals.

I did not take into account special occasions, but my schedule is flexible enough that I can move a workout to during my lunch at work or to a Saturday.

No, the goals coincide fairly well with each other.

I already have the time to complete my goals.

My main quest consists of building multiple habits related to training, nutrition, and sleep.

• Like 1

Human Warrior

Lvl: 0 | Str: 0 | Dex: 0 | Sta: 0 | Con: 0 | Wis: 0 | Cha: 0

Introduction | Daily Battle Log | Current Challenge

6-Week Main Goal 1: Train five days per week

33.33%
rgb(76, 187, 23); background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">33.33%

6-Week Main Goal 2: Meet my daily caloric and macro targets everyday

0.00%
255255); background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">0.00%

6-Week Main Goal 3: Sleep at least 7 hours per night

9.52%
(0, 40, 85); background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">9.52%

6-Week Life Goal: Get out of bed at 7:00 am each morning

0.00%
234, 170, 0); background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">0.00%

Yes, it will be tough but I got this

Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

I was a butt and did 5 quests plus a life quest. It's a mixture. Some quests are broken down into smaller subgoals.

I think so... I think the main thing for "real life" scaling would be to have some flexibility if a week isn't going my way, but the way I am measuring success definitely does allow some flailing.

Yeah. I'm not working directly towards any aesthetic measurement because I thought that would be too hard to gauge, so I'm measuring by days. If I did a thing on a day, it counts toward my overall goal. I don't think I picked anything I had to do all 42 days, because let's be real, some days might not work out due to emergencies or work.

Day by day. For example, if I eat all my veggies/fruit in a day, there's a point for that goal. If I went to conditioning class and finished the whole class, there's a point for that goal.

Just doing the best I can. At least two of my quests are completable even if ill or injured. If it's minor, the grading is lax enough on the others that I could potentially still score a B or C, anyway. If it's major, I would think I wouldn't want to add to that stress by worrying about the challenge at that point.

I think Thanksgiving will make it VERY easy for me to get my veggies! XD LOL. Kidding aside, I do normally prefer the Thursday conditioning class, and did set the A grade so I could miss one of my normal 2 per week schedule, in part because I knew Thanksgiving would interfere with normal. That said, there are additional classes I could substitute for that if I want to do so.

Someone (you know who you are!) convinced me to do NaNo during this, and yep, that'll be hard to find time for with the 40 hour a week job, social life, and workout schedule, and the fact that I do a lot of my own cooking. Still, it's something new :)

This is actually just a slightly beefier version of my normal schedule, because I might go two weeks and skip. This is to motivate me not to skip for 6 weeks, basically :)

Before I joined NF, I had already mostly slaughtered my sugar habit and my extra unhealthy weight. So I am also maintaining those at the same time, while doubling down on sugar and going for NONE ADDED :D (Stevia and sugar alcohols I am not counting, because not actually sugar, but I am not a huge fan of either so they are not in much... I add a tsp of stevia to my frozen banana smoothie I sometimes have for dinner/dessert, and the protein bar I sometimes chow on after conditioning has sugar alcohols in it, but no sugar in the ingredients list!)

My main quest is mostly about motivating me to keep active and learning new things and partly about finding time for my writing hobby. 

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

I didn't specifically say what my main quest was when I put up my thread for this challenge because it's not horribly well defined yet, but yes, it is achievable given a very long period of time.

Yes, my 3 quests all help create the foundation I will need to reach my main quest goal. I did not use sub-quests because I'm still figuring out exactly what I can and can't do now (it's been a long time since I tracked any kind of fitness information) to create those sub quests.

Yes, because at this point I'm mostly focused on building the habit instead of specific performances, they're very realistic and scalable.

Yes, they can all be measured and tracked. I am primarily focusing on frequency something happens for this challenge.

I graded them on the traditional school system (90% success or higher is an A, 80% to 89% is a B, etc.) Because that's done on frequency, it's mostly focused on effort already. The only part where it might be a little bit difficult is because 90% success for doing something 18 times (3x a week for 6 weeks) only allows 1 miss.

​Because none of my physical goals are done on an every single day basis, I can easily move things around to fit what is necessary for a short break. Even if I needed a slightly longer break, I would still be willing to count 18 workouts total as a success even if they weren't exactly 3x a week (for example, if I needed to do 4 one week to make up for a valid reason like illness wiping out a day the week before).

While there are special events going on during these 6 weeks, there is nothing in my quests yet that specifically requires modification for those events.

Nope! I'm doing NaNo as well :) but I've done that for nearly a decade and I can work around it fairly easily when I actually bother to try.

Yes, I have the time in my schedule. The hardest part will be if I get stuck at work late and have to run in the dark, but the flexibility in my quest frequency will help. Also, my husband is a triathlete and is helping me schedule workouts that will happen when he's working out, so he can remind me if I get lazy and I also have some semblance of privacy (I don't really want him watching my workouts yet!)

Yes :) I am building a few different habits but they are all necessary to reach my final overall goal.

Mom. Teacher. Language Enthusiast. Wood Elf :)

Current Challenge: KCAleece's Summer Alliance (Part 1)

Alors je ne lui parlais ni de serpents boas, ni de forêts vierges, ni d'étoiles. Je me mettais à sa portée. Je lui parlais de bridge, de golf, de politique et de cravates. Et la grande personne était bien contente de connaître un homme aussi raisonnable.

I believe my overall quest is achievable, my only question will be can I do it by the end of May as I wish? (Who am I kidding, hell yeah I can!) I feel it's reasonable as well, and actually serves a purpose in my work life: I frequently have to make that trip, and the less time I have to waste (or spend in an elevator (shudder)) the more time I have to do my job. (Which I love. A lot.)

My 3 quests build toward my main quest by either helping me increase my stamina, my strength, or make a small diet change that should (in theory) help me feel better and hopefully have more natural energy.

I feel they are and I can. Every day is a little victory, right?

Definitely. I can, and will, keep a written (and posted in my thread) record of my goals each day.

I have easily measured levels of success for my goals, with the expectation that I can use the results from those to shape my next challenge's goals in a way that I will be pushing myself, yet not setting myself up for failure.

Becoming ill should not in any way stop me from completing my goals. They are all things I can find a reasonable way to do while ill, provided I am not hospitalized. As for injured, it will depend on the type and severity of the injury. My current plan is to take advice on how to adjust my goals depending on the type of injury. I'm not all knowing, and there are people here I can ask for pointers and advice should I need it. (Or, hell, even if I don't need it!)

I did. They should not, in any way, hinder my performance of my goals. The only one that could be interfered with by these events is one soda a day- And I have shown myself that I can control that even in a special environment/occasion.

My goals should not conflict with each other- My walk could even help serve as a warm-up for my workout, should I be forced to wait until I return to my home to do my walk.

I do indeed: On my breaks at work for a walk, as soon as I get home for my workout. One soda a day is an all-day goal!

Multiple small, easy habits that will help me complete my main quest.

"Love with all your heart. Live life to the fullest. Fight for what you believe in. And most importantly, regret nothing. These guidelines, Shorty, will lead you on the path to a happy life." - Andrew Scorch, 23

"I want to be the very best, like no one ever was..." - Pokemon Kanto (First Gen) Theme

Though I take the moniker ShortyScorch here, I have yet to reach the level of the original. Let it be known my goal is to be the toughest ninja woman I can be, through hard work and determination.

Challenges: #1, Current

Level 2 Elf Assassin

STR: 5 | DEX: 0 | STA: 5 | CON: 3 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

My Character

ShortyScorch has an inspirational song: Childhood Dreams Come True!

(A Parody of Dark Side Of The Moon from Disney's Mulan)

Very achievable and very reasonable. It's unhealthy to do in an incredibly short amount of time, but 12 weeks should be long enough to make the results stick! I've almost lost 2kg already over the last coup,e months just by changing a few habits.

One thing to focus on. Getting 2 fruits/veggies with every meal should be easier making my own lunches. :) And all I gotta do is follow a running schedule! (readily available lunches range from 800 - 1000kcal+, so that's also a huge improvement on general calorie consumption)

If necessary, yes.

Tracking my meals and snacks with My Fitness Pal, and following/tracking runs with RunKeeper. I'm also using a Fitbit for a rough idea of how much I'm doing during the day.

A, B and C grades. Gave it everything, tried hard, didn't really try. :)

I'm already sick! But not drastically so. The worst I'm likely to get sick is influenza, worst case a week out of action. The worst I'm likely to get injured....? Prevention is better than cure! If I can't run, I'll attempt to ask a doctor what I can do.

My birthday is gone, the next big interesting thing will be works end of year party and visiting home over the holidays! But honestly, it's easier to eat healthy at home hahahaha. And I can still run! End of year parties seem to have consistently quite healthy food options, so it's just a matter of being careful.

Nope! Not that I can see anyway. :)

I have plenty of time. I'm just lazy. So, this is the kick in the pants that I need to give myself.

My energy is focused on sticking to a a schedule for running, and making sure I always have enough fresh produce on hand for meals, with the intention of these contributing to my main quest. If that makes sense haha.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Half Elf, Adventurer

Level 0

STR:0    DEX:0    STA:0    CON:0    WIS:0   CHA:0

Lose 10kg! 70kg > 60kg

11%
11%

Yes. It is achievable. It is also reasonable because the place I workout is also right beside where I have class.

My quests are all fitness focused in different areas, but with mini steps towards a bigger goal. Every week I have a new milestone. I am not taking on too much, because I know that even 15-20 minutes makes all the difference to the day.

I can make them smaller. And I will if after a week or two there are issues. With that said, I’ve built some good habits up to this point, so I’m not jumping in cold turkey.

Excel nerd ftw.

Completion and consistency are my grading. 5 marks a week = shiny new watch. I’m all about the habit building

Illness changes the goals to effective routes of recovery for points. This includes: Sleep, Hydration, and Medication.

I have intentionally not accounted for them. I want to prove to myself that no matter what the situation is or day has planned, there is always time for what counts.

Arguably, I don’t have much time for real bodily “restâ€. I understand this, and know what my body can take fairly well. With that said, if I start losing sleep or acquiring large workloads, I will scale down my schedule appropriately.

Lots of time in my schedule. See excel nerd status.

Really, there is only one habit. I already log food, sleep 8 hours a night, drink lots of water. The habit now is going from 3 times a week to the gym to 6. It’s increasing the regularity of my schedule, while keeping the intensity at an achievable level.

"You can do it. I believe in you."

Logs: (insert here)

Challenge: (n/a until next starts)

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)? Is it reasonable?

Yes, both doing a pullup and being able to touch the floor should be achievable, although both will probably take me a while.

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

Well, two of my quests build towards my main quests - the bodyweight workouts and the stretching routines do. The recipe thing is more of a side-quest I guess.

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

I do think that my main goals are realistic. I feel like I'm taking pretty small steps towards them already - I'm not planning on being able to achieve either of them before the year is up.

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked? What will you use to track them?

Yes. I mean, it's pretty obvious whether or not you can do a pullup or touch the floor. Also, you can track how close you are to the floor, or how long you can hold a negative pullup for.

5. How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

I tried to make sure that my goals weren't absolutes. Workout & stretch 3x per week seems like it leaves a lot of room for play, so that if I miss it on a day that I usually do it, I can just do it the next day and not have to worry about it. Similarly, "find and try one paleo recipe per week" also seems pretty reasonable - I'm grading myself more on actual number of new recipes tried, not necessarily whether I do it in the actual week. Additionally, I could add in letter grades for all of my things. I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

I actually don't have one. . . I guess I should probably stop considering myself as invincible.

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge? What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

So, I just realized that Thanksgiving is happening during the challenge. Honestly, it shouldn't affect anything because right now I work out on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and Thanksgiving is on a Thursday. Either way, if something happens to make me miss a workout, I can just rearrange things and get another one in.

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

No, none of them conflict with each other.

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set? If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

Yes, I do have time - I ensured that I already have time by starting my workout routines even before the challenge started, to make sure that I was already in the habit.

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

I guess I kind of am trying to build multiple habits - main one is building an exercise habit, and 2/3 goals are focused on that. The third one is more about developing better eating habits.

"Then laugh, leaning back in my arms; For life's not a paragraph, And death, I think, is no parenthesis." ~ E.E. Cummings

Level 1 Tiefling Adventurer

Paladin of Stick 'Em With the Pointy End

My overall quest isn't a SMART goal. Is it supposed to be? Basically, I want to be able to do freerunning in the woods behind my house. The big issues are being able to run and jump without tweaking my bad ankle, developing the upper body strength to climb things, having more endurance in sprints, and practicing different movements to build coordination. I'm honestly not sure if the first one is achievable. I don't know if I'll ever be able to consistently land on that ankle on uneven terrain. But I won't know if I don't try.

The other three components are definitely achievable. There is no reason I can't develop that level of fitness. 

They don't all directly build towards my main quest, but I feel like they are obstructing my main quest. I considered breaking down the "primal blueprint fitness" plan into my three quests, especially because it has three distinct components, but I've got to get the other two things (diet and sleep) under control. If I've only gotten 4 hours of sleep, the best thing I can do for my athletic performance is GET MORE SLEEP. And I keep hearing from people that a healthy diet is key for ANY fitness plan, and I'm pretty close to what I'd consider "healthy", so I want to get that squared away.

So I suppose my "Main Quest" for this 6-weeks is actually to develop healthy habits that will support this long term goal of running/etc in the woods.

I think these are pretty small steps. I've scaled them so getting a "C" on all of them would be just a small change. The minimum of the "Primal Blueprint Fitness" is pretty basic. Aside from the interval sprints, it is well within what I have done before. The scoring I've used for sleep habits is extremely generous - hitting a little over half of my targets gives me an A. 

I've got a little notebook to track things. I like tracking things.

For sleep, I'm giving myself points for sticking to my target sleep schedule, as well as for sticking to routines that I know help me keep a consistent sleep schedule. For food, I have a target of 8 small servings of veggies a day, plus a few points for high-protein foods and whole grains, so I don't get super lazy and decide to live on carrot sticks. I've spent over a month tracking all my food, so the simplified food tracking I am doing now is super easy.

Last month I got a fitness band recently that tracks sleep and steps, so that helps with two goals.

I usually do pass/fail, so I am excited to try a "points" system. Pass/fail often leaves me saying, "Oh, I didn't get in bed by 10 like I planned... I might as well stay up till 3 playing video games." This way, even if I miss my target bedtime, I can get a few points by sticking to other aspects of the routine. If I don't get enough veggies one day, I can make up for it by eating more on the following days.

My ankle has been giving me trouble, and has made me really careful about overdoing it on the running. If there are some parts of the strength training I can't do, I'll give myself partial credit for what I can do. If I get miserably sick, I can still get outside, I can still eat healthily, and I have even less an excuse for not getting to bed on time.

Travel is going to make the "get out in the woods" a lot harder. Winter is also going to make it harder. But I think I can make my targets if I really focus on getting outside while it is still warm, and whenever we have nicer weather.

Travel will make the diet a little harder, but if I load up on veggies I should be able to make my target. Thanksgiving should make the veggie-eating EASIER, because I'll be surrounded by food for days.

Nope! They all fit together really well. Staying physically active helps me sleep and gives me a good appetite. Getting good sleep leaves me refreshed and ready to be active. Getting up early gives me time to make real food for breakfast. It all fits nicely.

The most time consuming goal can actually be met by doing stuff I already need to be doing - yard work, home repairs, etc. - so it is more about me steering myself towards the more physically active parts of my "to do" list, rather than adding more items. Besides, I spend enough time dicking around online that I can't possibly claim I don't have the time for a few hours a week of exercise. 

Yes.  :neglected: This is multiple habits. I'm nervous about that, but mostly they are all habits I've been working on steadily for at least a year, so I'm thinking of this as more like grading my progress so far, rather than establishing all new habits.

It is an experiment. If it turns out I've taken on too much, I'll scale back.

• Like 1

Joshua - Yoga Ninja Weasel #20: The Weasel goes on an Adventure!

well done everyone.  Keep at it.  Remember to make any changes in your own challenges if you need to :)

• Like 2

My challenge

I believe that my overall quest is achievable. I am shooting for losing just over a pound a week, and I think if I stick to my side quests, it is attainable. 

All three quests work in conjunction towards accomplishing my main quest. None have their own sub-quests and can stand by themselves. 

They appear realistic to me, and I do not plan to scale them back. 

Yes, they can be measured and tracked. I have a log book that I've been using to record them. 

I view them as pass/fail on a weekly basis. "Did I run four times this week?" Yes, then I passed. No, then I failed. The same goes for the other two. 

The grading system will probably be the same, though two of them may need altered if I injure myself. The other (the Second Quest) should not be affected. 

I did not take into consideration any special occasions, nor do I plan on modifying my quests because of them. My philosophy is that if we start making modifications and adjustments for every event that comes up, we'll never succeed in our long-term goals. We have to adapt and learn to stick with our goals in conjunction with events such as holidays, birthdays, etc. 

No, I feel that they work well together. 

Yes, I have the time. I just need to use it properly. 

I would like to think that these are habits that I can maintain in a sustainable fashion. 

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

A quiz? Ok.

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)? Is it reasonable?

Yes, it is achievable over a long period, at least in part.  I looked up my recommended BMI on the CDC website, and 169 was my maximum normal weight range.  As far as addressing fatigue and endurance there is no guarantee working towards less weight through diet and activity will be the entire answer, but it's a good starting point.

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

I believe they all work towards my main quest.  I believe cutting out empty calories and adding in purifying water will help my system regardless of actual weight loss this challenge.  Getting my heart rate up and building that muscle so I can better take on 'real' exercise without having to keel over is useful.  And vegetable fajittas or a warm stew will be much better for my weight then a pair of Whooper Hamburgers with no onions followed a few hours later by a yummy slice of key lime pie. 

Some, but not all, of my quests have natural subquests.  Trying new vegetables and new ways of preparing old vegetables might make the time go better, and have other benifits.   Likewise while I am getting my heart rate up, I might be stuck by the idea to run an even mile at the end or use every machine one week. There isn't really any additional subquests for the drinking of water that I would consider.

Those little sub-quests are more liek bonus achievements.  I can take them or leave them.

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

Absolutely, but that would be unwise for me.  I set goals at what I considered the minimum needed for real progress.  I can go to the gym, and follow with a day or two of rest after.  Three times weekly is more ideal, but I already lowered that to account for inevitable travel, etc.  Going once per week will not likely even yield a habit.  Assuming I eat between 14 and 21 meals per week, 2 meals is between 10% to 15%, ignoring the truth of snacking so I'm not vegetable crazy.  And finally, my water goal is something I have done in the short term before with some success and some failure. I know that method works for me.

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked? What will you use to track them?

I plan to post in the thread about my meals and exercise results, plus I have a new notebook to use between the action and the post.  If I am having a stressful time I may track my water intake for a couple of days on paper, but if I down two glasses of water before I can have any milk, egg nog, etc and then match the other liquids with water that goal is self regulating.

5. How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

All three goals are graded on a pass fail sytem with a certain limitation to allow a mistake.  The only reward is passing the goal itself.

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

If I injure myself, I will fail my third goal and I will be ok with that.  60% success is better than 0%.  If I become so injured that I cannot eat a salad and drink water then I'll have greater concerns.  If I'm ill, I can still likely meet all of my goals.  If I can't then I will have to roll back into another six weeks.  Goals are only worthwhile if they can be failed. There is nothing shameful to a failed goal if you tried hard.  If there was no risk of failure that wasn't really a goal.

7.  Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge? What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

I planned for Thanksgiving and related travel by using weekly averages and providing a 'make up' credit for that week on my meals.  My son has a few days off of school in November at other times, but he can eat a salad with his mother.

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

I do not believe there is a conflict. 

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set? If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

I guess I don't get to spend as much time on my PC playing games or watching TV.  Forcing myself to make time for this stuff I don't particularly want to do is the actual challenge.  If I prioritze them I have time.  If I watch netflix instead of cooking dinner and I eat convenience food instead of vegetables I will only have myself to blame. 

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

I am building several different habits that will likely support the main quest.

Okay, let's see.

Yes. Not easy, but achievable.

My quests complement each other, there are no subquests, and it allows me to focus on one thing at a time.

Pretty sure they're realistic, seeing how I did it before in very similar periods of time. Except for the daily exercise, but I've been working up to that during the last months.

I have methods in place to track them, partly counting hours/days of practice, partly tracking results.

Two of my goals focus on the effort, the others on results. Whenever I only look at the habits, I often fall into the trap of doing stuff only to check it off the list, and thus don't really put in as much effort and determination as I could. So I think it benefits me to have result-oriented goals, too. 

Well, I'll have worse grades, but for a reason, so that'd be ok. If I injure myself in a way that makes me unable to run (please no, not again!), I'll fail that one. But I'll still do my best to get some kind of exercise that doesn't need the injured parts...

Not many of those coming up for me, except for 'eating out with friends' occasions. In which case I'm going to modify my schedule a bit to fit in enough exercise these days. 

I think they work together rather nicely. More exercising burns extra calories and makes me sleep better and drink more, with benefits the weight loss, which in turn might make running easier, and the extra sleep will be useful for learning Chinese.

There's this time during late afternoon/evening when I'm not productive anyway - might as well get some exercise during that time. And my classes have set times.

This is mostly deepening habits I already somewhat have, and not too many of them, so it shoulnd't be a problem.

Past challenges: 0, 1
Current: 1

Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)? Is it reasonable?​​

Yes I think it is.

Yes they do and I don't think I am takking on to much. The subquests are the little steps towards the main goal.

Like above I split it in smaller steps to archieve my main quest.

I don't track my food, but I track my workout in my Battle Log. But yes my Goal is measurable.

They are pass/fail. The reward is reaching my main goal.

I don't have a plan for that. I will ask the community nicely-

Not this challenge, but I will in the future for other challenges.

No

Yes I have the time.

I'm more focused on the way to fullfilling the main quest but I try to build up my eating habit aswell.

Rikem Level 1 Gnom Recruit

STR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Challenges: 02.11.2015 | In Progress!

Group Challenges: The Order of the Stick and the Caves of Insanity

"The history of my life, is the history of my heart"

Yes, definitely. In fact, I've done it before, over the span of maybe a year, but it didn't stick. This time it will!

They each contribute to the main quest and are very focused.

They are realistic and achievable. They're just simple things I can do each day so they won't need downsizing.

Yes. I've got a gizmo to track my daily steps, and I record the success of each goal each day in my fitness journal.

Day-to-day it's pass/fail; I either did the thing or I didn't. But I will give myself an overall grade and a treat based on my performance over the challenge.

I should be able to achieve my breakfast goal in such a case, but I would scale down my walking and workout goals appropriately.

It's my grandma's birthday in a few weeks but that's it. That falls on a no-workout day and I can still manage the others without disrupting things.

Nope!

It's a bit challenging. Mostly it's been a matter of getting motivation to get up and go for a walk after work rather than just sitting around websurfing.

My quests are all habit-forming, but they all contribute towards the main quest. It's more like success in the main quest is a side effect of my other quests.

Yes, I think it is both achievable and reasonable, especually considering the water weight ive already lost! I just have to stick with it...

All three quests support the main quest.

Sure, I'm prepared to accept smaller victories and small set backs over time..hopefully all trending toward success though

Yes, I can track them and mark as pass / fail. So far I've been using my fitness pal to track food, water and weight.

I think they're pass fail every day...the reward for the effort is just putting on jeans that fit though.

Becoming injured shouldn't affect these too much, as any kind of activity counts. If I get sick, again, eating well will only help. I may not lose the weight, but I'll forgive myself and try again.

I did not take into account special occasions, and one came up unexpectedly. I'll try to make good choices while having fun because I know there is an end goal. Eyes on the prize!

No, the goals woek well with each other.

I have the time to complete my goals.

I am trying to build multiple habuts, but they all contribute to wright loss AND general happiness/well being, which are my deeper lifelong goals 😆

In Pursuit Of...Life, Love and Happiness

Level 2 Amazon

[sTR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 2 | WIS 6 | CHA 6]

Weight Loss from 225 to 175

20%
20%

Inch Loss Goals 2016: 20 Total Inches (Hips, Waist, L Bicep, L Thigh): 

7.5%
7.5%

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Character Page

Challenges: 1, 2, 3

My quest to establish and maintain a consistent health and wellness regimen with a focus on losing fat and gaining muscle is absolutely achievable, and reasonable over time.  However, I need to be patient and forgiving with myself when I am not as consistent as I would like to be.

Quest #1: Workout 6 days/week for at least one hour for each workout. Three of these days should be weight training at the gym.

Quest #2: Sleep at least 7 hours/night.

Quest #3: No more than 3 alcoholic drinks/week.

All three of the above quests focus on different aspects of maintaining consistency in my health and wellness regimen.  Focus on weight training and drinking less in particular will assist in losing fat and gaining muscle.

I think that Quest #1 is realistic in terms of my ability, but not always in terms of my schedule.  I also may need to consider a differnt method of assessment, or adjust the criteria to "intentional physical activity" as opposed to working out, since some of my busy days may include a shit ton of walking.

I use my planner to track overall completion of each of my quests per day and week.  For tracking my workout specifically, I use the Body Space app for my weight lifting and RunKeeper for my other workouts (running, hiking, yoga, pilates, etc.)

I am currently using a letter grading scale based on how many days I complete Quests #1 and #2, and how many drinks I have per week for Question #3.

I am considering adjusting my assement to two other options: a range of days rather than a set amount (for example instead of A= workout for 36 days total, A= workout for 31-36 days total), or success per week (6 days of working out for all 6 weeks= A, 6 days of working out for 5 weeks= B, etc.).

As for assessing my alcohol intake, I believe the current method is effective- my goal is to essentially only drink one night a week at most and to limit the number of drinks I have on that one night as much as possible.  I have a high tolerance for alcohol so I am hoping this will help limit how much I drink at one time.

Quest #2 (sleep) and Quest #3 (alcohol) should not be affected by illness or injury, however I will need to craft an insurance policy for Quest #1 in case. I think that again, changing the expectation of "workout" to "intentional physical activity" can potentially help with this as even gentle physical activity like stretching can be done when sick or injured. What's important to me is establishing the habit of being consistent, regardless of how intense the activity is.

I did consider holidays, but I need to be more realistic about considering the obligations I choose to take on.

All three of my main quests compliment each other.  Less alcohol= more sleep; more sleep= more energy; more energy= more physical activity.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  I need to be more realistic about my expectations for this.

I believe that all three habits of working out, getting a full nights sleep, and drinking less consistently, contribute to my overall goal very well.

• Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)? Is it reasonable?
  • Yes. Losing 20lbs is an achievable and reasonable goal.  I feel that I am approximately 20-25lbs overweight.  
  • Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?
  • My 3 quests do all build towards my main quest.  They are three very reasonable quests (BWF workout, Cardio, and Diet). Each quest has a grade attached to each level of success which will allow me to recognize any short comings.
  • Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?
  • I believe that my main goal is realistic.  If need be, I can push out my goal deadline in order to achieve my goal by continuing to maintain my 3 quests.
  • Are your goals able to be measured and tracked? What will you use to track them?
  • My goals are measured and tracked.  I will be utilizing Strava to track my cardio goal, an Excel spreadsheet to track my BWF & Diet goal.  Further, my life quest will be easily measured by my blog posts and successful completion of an online course.
  • How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?
  • My goals are on a sliding scale of completion.  For example, if I have a 90% or higher completion rate on my Cardio, that will result in an 'A' and I will get full level up points.  This scale goes from A to F, where F will result in no points.
  • What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?
  • Injuries can and do happen, and that is a fact of life.  Due to me utilizing the BWF routine I have adopted, there are lower difficulty versions that I can complete which will still allow me to achieve my BWF goal.  As for cardio, there are multiple types of cardio so an injury shouldn't affect me too greatly.  As far as getting sick, I am a firm believer in a healthy diet will only help get you better. My diet goal also allows for some "moments of weakness" and I have already taken up the mindset that a minor setback today will not lead to a larger setback tomorrow.
  • Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge? What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?
  • I did take into account Thanksgiving (US) into my goals.  My diet goal being the primary one that would be affected by this.  I'm allowing myself three non-paleo meals a week based on my grading.  This will allow me to enjoy a nice Thanksgiving dinner with friends and family in November.
  • Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?
  • None of my goals conflict with each other, and in fact should really only compliment each other.  I do not believe that any of my goals will make it more difficult to achieve another goal.
  • Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set? If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?
  • I do have the time in my schedule to actually complete the goals.  My daily work commute is only about 30 minutes total for the day, which allows me plenty of time to complete my BWF & Cardio goals as well as allowing time to go grocery shopping for proper paleo foods.
  • Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?
  • I'm trying to build multiple habits by exercising on a regular basis and changing my overall diet to healthier foods.  I believe that by focusing on these two items I will also be able to have some ancillary changes in my other daily habits in positive ways as well.

Werewolf Recruit

Level 0

STR - 0 | DEX - 0 | STA - 0 | WIS - 0 | CHA - 0 | CON - 0

Current Challenge | Blog

My overall quest is less of a destination & more of a journey.  All of my health goals up to this point have been more of a destination & I purposefully picked something that wouldn't necessarily have an end.  I think it is achievable but will allow me to change the specific things I pursue & keep it interesting in a way that hitting a particular weight goal couldn't.  It is definitely reasonable.  Treating my mind & body with the respect they deserve is very reasonable.  

Yes. I gave myself quests that are very doable.  (For example the being active 5/7 days a week for 30 minutes I was technically already doing 90% of the time)  Since they are so doable I am finding myself motivated to go above & beyond.  Which is what I was hoping for. :) 

Yes!  They are very realistic.  In the exercise realm I left a lot of room for error - I said 30 minutes of being active which could be just cleaning vigorously for 30 minutes!  (I have been making a concentrated effort to do more than that though).  As far as food tracking goes - I've done it before I just need to get back into the habit of it again.  

Yep!  So far I have been active everyday so I am just keeping track with my brain on that one.  As far as food goes - I am tracking in the weight watchers ap so I can go back & look over how I am doing any time I want to. 

• How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

Similar to school grading.  I gave myself goals for each week & want to take the average of that for my total grade.  Ex: if 5/6 weeks I hit my exercise goal but 1/6 weeks I ended up with a B on average I'd still have an A. 

If I become incapable of completing a task due to illness I am not going to penalize myself for it, but if I get injured I will just find a away around the issue.  My quests were specifically ambiguous for this reason.

Thanksgiving will be coming up as will a bachlorette party, but I didn't think to plan ahead. Since neither of my main quests are weight based or specific to an amount of food I think I will be able to (quite easily) meet those goals during this time. 

Nope!

Yes.  I do have to specifically plan ahead for the week on the weekend - Mondays are crazy busy for me & I know that if I don't walk on my break I wont get any exercise in that day.  I also like to pre-track my food the night before. especially on the things I know I eat/drink everyday.

I am trying to build 2 key habits that will help me on my main quest.

Half Elf - Assasin Level 1

[sTR: 1 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 2.46 | WIS: 2.46 | CHA: 0 ]

First Challenge

Main Quest: Body & Mind heath.

Activity

50%
50%

Food Tracking

36%
36%

Are My Goals Smart???

Here is the link for my smart goals :)

Also the +1 WIS is that in addition to the other 15 points or part of it?

• Like 1

Calanthia Cobbin: Level 3 Hobbit Ranger

Rogue of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End! 

STR: 2.13 | INT: 2.37 | DEX: 4.25 | STA: 11.23 | CON: 11.88 | WIS: 8.72 | CHA: 5.81  

My Epic Quest | Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7thFitbit

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~JRR Tolkien

I think so! I'm hoping my weight loss goal of 25 lbs is more long term since I don't really have access to the diet I wish I did, while my deadlift goal is considerably more short term. 

Yes. For the weight loss, I've cut out all liquid calorie intake. As for as deadlifting goes, By getting myself on a 3 times a week gym schedule I'm familiarizing myself with the gym as well as making it a habit. 

3.Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them? I think they are pretty realist

I think my main goals are really realistic and attainable. I'm in no rush to complete them so they can be changed whenever I need to lay back or push myself 

4.Are your goals able to be measured and tracked? What will you use to track them?

Yes. I am doing most of my tracking on MyFitnessPal. I can put in the amount of time I ran as well as keep track of how much water I'm drinking 

5.How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

My quests are not entirely pass/fail. Only the "A" grade is pass/fail which I am really eager to succeed. My "B" and "C"  I feel reward me well enough for the efforts I would make under those standards. 

6.What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

I find this to be a difficult thing to consider. I know I put a lot of pressure on myself and getting injured will feel the same as failing for me. I'm hoping that my "B" or "C" score will give me ample time to recover.

7.Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge? What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

​They didn't. Which I was kind of concerned about, but it accidentally worked itself all out. I didn't make any diet goals aside from liquid calorie consumption which I can maintain even during Thanksgiving and winter break. As far as exercise goes, since I work out on M, W, F, my only concern would be Black Friday plans, but I can wake myself up early enough for it to be a non-issue

8.Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

So far so good. None of my quests work against my main goal. 

9.Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set? If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

I will be signing up for winter quarter classes soon and I'm concerned the classes are going to conflict with my work out schedule in the long run. For now, I've done a pretty good job time managing. 

10.Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

I'm trying to build multiple habits. Between stopping liquid calorie consumption, exercising 3 times a week and drinking 3L of water its a lot of habit doing. Luckily, they all kind of work to the benefit of each other. Exercising means staying hydrated so I drink more water and more water means less soda. 

|| Lvl 1 Hobbit Rebel ||

CHA: 0 || CON: 0 || DEX:0 || STA:0 || STR: 0 || INT: || WIS: 0

Challenges: In Progress: 3.19.18 || Daily Battle Log: 

If people just took it a day at a time, they'd be a lot happier.

- Stephen King, The Long Walk