Zeuel coming out of retirement

Zeuel

Hey everyone! I have posted on here before but that was over a year ago at least and possibly close to two years. The monsters known as depression, anxiety, and hopelessness have pretty much drained me back down to nothing, so I think I'm going to make a fresh start now that I've found new motivation after my long fall.

Main Goal: Weight loss (15 lbs) (+1 DEX +1 CHA)

I am 265 lbs and I really really want to get back down to the 170s eventually. For this first challenge I will set my goal at 15 lbs.

Goal 1: Drink eight glasses of water a day (+1 CON +1 WIS)

Right now I drink way too much coffee and not enough water. I know that this definitely doesn't help things as far as losing weight is concerned. I'm not going to completely get away from coffee yet, but I'm going to at least offset it by drinking enough water each day.

Goal 2: Run a 21:42 two mile on the treadmill (+2 STA)

I started getting back into cardio a little bit ago and this is one of my main goals at the moment.

Goal 3: Do 42 sit ups in two minutes (+1 DEX +1 STR)

I lost a lot of my core strength when I just stopped caring about my own physical fitness. I want to get that back.

Life Goal: Get my classes scheduled and be ready to go back to college (+2 WIS)

Currently I am on break from college while waiting for my last semester to start back up. I need to make sure that everything is in order so I can go back up to college in January without any major issues. The big thing is making sure I have my class spots absolutely locked into place and that I have a guaranteed place to live at when I go back up there.

Motivation: I want to go back into the army

The last time I felt like I had any real purpose in life was when I was in the military(and especially when I was deployed to Iraq). Since then my life has just been me trying to get by. I dread working for some bourgeoisie pig where I grovel to some corporate fat cat just so I can have the privilege of letting them take a large portion of the fruits of my labor. If I'm going to have to deal with some jerk bossing me around then I want it to at least save lives and provide for the public good instead of so some dbag can buy his fifth yacht.

• Like 3

Zeuel the level 1 Human
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 2|STA 1|WIS 1|CHA 3

My first week went reasonably well with water. One day I only drank 4 glasses of water because SCAG(Sword Coast Adventurers Guide) just came out and that sidetracked me greatly. Another day I met my 8 glass requirement but it was like a weird 36 hour day with a 2 hour nap sometime in there, but I'm counting it in my favor. Today I've been awake for almost 6 hours and am likely to go back to bed so I probably won't count today as a day since it will mostly consist of sleeping to make up for my sleep debt. I just have to make sure I start running/lifting again starting tomorrow.

I'm here for the first time, also here with anxiety, depression, and a long fail to turn around! I just got out of the Navy, and I can understand where you're coming from about wanting to get back in. This is going to be a good first step to achieving a more fulfilling career! :-)

I just really have to get back into the running/lifting part again. It's harder since my sleep schedule is so messed up and the hours I can actually work out are pretty narrow(since other people in my house have a normal sleep schedule). :/

• Like 1

Zeuel the level 1 Human

Crappy sleep schedules are the worst. :-( I had a weird thing going on for a while where I would work half of days, then the whole night + 2 hours for quarters. It was bonkers. Have you checked the blogs on the main website? There may be a routine in there with quiet exercises you can do in your room that won't disturb the roomies!

How is week two progressing?

I had one night that was bad for water but otherwise the rest of the week has been good. I suffered some kind of foot infection or something that kept me from starting running, but I'm over it now so hopefully I can start on Monday. How is your challenge going?

• Like 1

Zeuel the level 1 Human

On the down side, I have had about two days every week where I would only drink about six 8 oz glasses of water a day. I'm still not sure how to count water that serves as a medium for taking vitamins/protein shakes/etc. On the plus side, I am down 8 lbs since I started. :D

• Like 1

Zeuel the level 1 Human

Main Goal(weight): 53.3%

Goal 1(water): 45.2%

Goal 2(run): 0%

Goal 3(sit up): 0%

Life Goal(college): ???

I lost 8 out of 15 pounds so far despite a slow first week which means I'm over halfway there. With goal 1, out of the 5 days I missed I drank 4, 6, 2, 6, 6 glasses of water respectively. Which is still overall MUCH better than what I was doing before and overall great progress towards my goal. I haven't run at all yet this challenge because I had a foot infection earlier and I don't have running shoes(and my mom yelled at me when I suggested I would run on the treadmill barefoot). Goal 3 is my own laziness. I really need to do more situps since I haven't done any since the challenge started. My life goal is going so-so. I contacted my academic advisor and I'm waiting to hear back about him removing my hold. I'm going to hold off on allocating stat points until the end because I really don't like working with decimals. :P

• Like 1

Zeuel the level 1 Human