hello everyone,

my name is carles and i used to live in east texas, but now i am back to barcelona where im originally from.

i never felt the need to care about fitness, health, or any other related topic. i grew up playing lots of sports, i was very active during colleague and until my mid 30s, and then the slow downslide began.

during quite some time i have been thinking about (ie wanting) doing something about it, but i dont deal well with matters i am not enthusiastic about or highly uninterested (eating healthy, consciously taking care of myself, etc). though by the end of the summer, i couldnt stand being grumpy and annoyed at how i felt about myself, and i KNEW i had to do something about it.

so about a month ago i went to the doctor for a checkup, asking for a meal plan to reduce weight (i have skinny arms with a larger-than-it-should belly). since then, i started reading about eating healthy, familiarizing myself with fitness and working out. i bought myself a fitbit (i really like it) to help me track a series of data, and i went through several websites until i landed on this one. and i like it enough to stay!

and after feeling determined to go through with this (im of the opinion that, if i gotta do something, i might as well do it correctly or not do it at all), i have a food plan laid out, have the tools to work out, and now i only need knowledge and guidance in order to start my journey!

my goals are 1) to go from 172 lbs to 150 (even though i have been told my ideal weigth is closer to 145), and 2) to tone my body losing enough body fat to be able to exercise without feeling that im about to die out of shortness of breath.

so wish me determination and perseverance! (no lucky matters here...)

best wishes to all!

carles