I like this game but I keep dying.

my weight loss is a game I cant seem to win at. every time I start a new mission it is going ok for few days, week or so even and then my progress stops, cravings get better of me, excuses creep back in and I die. then I am obviously angry with my defeat so I say. ok. just gonna have to start again. but the again isn't straight away. its usually days if not weeks of eating crap before I respawn.

And here I am

Respawned.

today I have found myself on an island. very similar to the one from the show Arrow. 

but instead of lack of food there is plenty of it. only problem? its mostly poison. about 90% of all the food in this place is not edible at all. there is plenty to drink but barely any drinkable water. instead of lack of people there is loads of them. all eating and drinking their poison. looking at me. checking what will I do. 

this mission is one of stealth. people cant know that I have caught on to the fact that they are being poisoned. that I will rebel and go against the grain. so I need to do my training in secret until I am ready to become someone else, something else. 

so here are some stats. 

25y, 5'6 female 93 kg 

goals? 

optimal body weight for someone who is ready to deal with life no matter what. 

and I mean most basic survival skills. 

running, crawling, climbing and being in a shape good enough to learn how to fight. 

will try to update and not die this time in this new adventure.

Addison 

• Like 1

Worgen Adventurer STR - 4  DEX - 1 STA - 1 CON - 3 WIS - 4 CHA - 5

“Roland could not understand why anyone would want cocaine or any other illegal drug, for that matter, in a world where such a powerful one as sugar was so plentiful and cheap.†—  Stephen King, The Drawing of the Three

my weight loss is a game I cant seem to win at. every time I start a new mission it is going ok for few days, week or so even and then my progress stops, cravings get better of me, excuses creep back in and I die. then I am obviously angry with my defeat so I say. ok. just gonna have to start again. but the again isn't straight away. its usually days if not weeks of eating crap before I respawn.

And here I am

Respawned.

[...]

goals? 

optimal body weight for someone who is ready to deal with life no matter what. 

and I mean most basic survival skills. 

running, crawling, climbing and being in a shape good enough to learn how to fight. 

will try to update and not die this time in this new adventure.

Addison

Addison, you sound like you're really ready to make some changes. I've certainly had my respawns; as you might know, you're on a site where there are lots of us who don't make it the first, second, or even the third time around.

I guess my question for you is, what's your plan? Keep it simple at first, make it easy for you to feel good about having done something positive towards better health. Some suggestions:

• Try tracking food input (I use the MyFitnessPal app, but there are others)
  • Try visiting the produce section of the grocery store and walk slowly until you spot an item that doesn't make your face go all frowny. Buy that and try it. (For me this was spinach, which I still eat a bunch of.) If I recall, Rebel Leader Steve has a good blog post on adding veggies to your nutrition plan. Yeah, here it is.
  • Try finding a simple exercise to do and get started. Walking is a good starting point for many people.

Just try one of the above, or something similar. I don't recommend going full stop "healthy," because it's very tough to make a bunch of changes at once and the second you do something that doesn't fit that too-high standard you'll be too hard on yourself. Make it easier to feel good about yourself. Go walk for 20 minutes (even if you're walking to McDonald's!), then call the day a win. Then walk 20 minutes the next day. You can see where this is going. Start small, be consistent, and things will get better. But first, make your plan. Put it here or in another thread and let the NF community know what you're doing and how it's going.

Good luck!

Lou186000
Battle Log: Battling at the Speed of Lou

aaaa42%

here is the daily log thats the continuation of this re-spawning. 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/74159-the-island/

Lou1860000, thanks for your kind words and advice. I definitely need to figure out how to eat more veg. so this article sounds great, thanks. 

Addison

• Like 1

Worgen Adventurer STR - 4  DEX - 1 STA - 1 CON - 3 WIS - 4 CHA - 5

“Roland could not understand why anyone would want cocaine or any other illegal drug, for that matter, in a world where such a powerful one as sugar was so plentiful and cheap.†—  Stephen King, The Drawing of the Three

one thing i want to put out. do not think eating crap as dying. but more like getting shot. if i eat a hamburger, i don't die. so i will not need to restart. i might slip but if i eat that hamburger at lunch, i try to find a healthy version of it, or make it myself(either is not hard if you think about it). but lunch at hamburger doesn't mean i died so i don't need to put the controller away and try again tomorrow, game is still going on and i can still have healthy dinner.

i for example have a lot of slips. right now i want a hamburger. so i will go and get it, but i'll leave mayo and that kind of stuff away. with just beef, bread and veggies it is quite ok. then i put that focus into next meal and try to make best out of it. one big thing i've seen is the realisation that cravings come when i don't eat enough of the right stuff. your diet might be bit underbuilt?

• Like 1