Back Again After More than 18 Months!

rogaecia

Hey everyone, 

Oh my god. It's been a good 20 months or so since I was back here. 

I had a baby in December 2014, she's now 11 months old. :)

1613797_10153311803851312_56052482119049Here we are :) 
I am still the weight I was when I had her- no lie. Probably a few pounds off, but not much. My life has changed quite a bit, to say the least. And now I want to focus on losing some weight. 
I am trying to watch my caloric intake. I am not at the point of a complete diet overhaul because I am breastfeeding. 

I am going to start slow, so here we go!

Goals: 

1. Log at least 5 days per week into MyFitnessPal (raraohlala, if you want to friend me)

Grade scale: 

A: 28-33 logged days

B: 20-27 logged days

C: 14-19 logged days

D: Less than 13 logged days

2. Take two walks per week that equal about 10k steps- probably at the mall, with baby in tow.

Grade scale:

A: 10-12 10k days

B: 7-9 10k days

C: 4-6 10k days

D: 3 or less 10k days

3. Try to stay within (no more than 200 calories over) my calorie limits on MyFitnessPal as best as possible.

Grade scale: 

A: Average of 1800 Calories through entire challenge

B: Average 1900 Calories through entire challenge

C: Average 2000 Calories through entire challenge

D: Average more than 2000 Calories and I stopped caring

Life: 

Do research on how to pay for school.

Bonus: Check in with you all at least once a week.

I need to get batteries for my scale and will report numbers later. 

I'm excited to be back. I love this community and hope to get to know you all!

• Like 8

Friend request on MFP sent :)

Welcome back! You must have left about the time I joined :(

I won't take it personally... :)

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Today, in an effort to prove to myself that I am ready for this, I threw out cake. 

I THREW OUT CAKE GUYS! 

My soulmate, my love- I threw it out.

I guess I am ready for this new journey. Ready to be here and gains inspiration from all of you guys. 

So glad to be back. 

tumblr_mlnsr94ZmN1qbnkgio1_500.gif

with the week I've had I'm not sure I'd have the willpower if it was in front of me! awesome job!

• Like 2

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Yay, baby! :)

Thank you Redeagle! It was hard. I had a piece of it yesterday and when I put it into MYP, it was 300 calories! No way I was going to do that again. 

Yup, I understand that.  My wife got me Bundtinis from http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/productsfor my birthday.  I had a couple before I was starting back here.  Yesterday I thought about having one, and tried looking up nutritional info on them.  Saw some of those little things can be 400 calorie.  So, no thanks.  haha

Now since you said you threw it on the ground, I had to go watch this 

• Like 3

Yup, I understand that.  My wife got me Bundtinis from http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/productsfor my birthday.  I had a couple before I was starting back here.  Yesterday I thought about having one, and tried looking up nutritional info on them.  Saw some of those little things can be 400 calorie.  So, no thanks.  haha

Super proud of you for saying no thanks to bundt cakes because buddy cakes are the bomb!!!!!

• Like 2

Also- super happy birthday!

• Like 2

Thank you Redeagle! It was hard. I had a piece of it yesterday and when I put it into MYP, it was 300 calories! No way I was going to do that again.

It's amazing to see how things add up when you log them! It's sure helped me to see when I eat and as a side effect I've also been learning why I eat (hello emotion, frustration and stress...)

• Like 3

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

Check-In 11/05/15

Today was my day off and I took my daughter to the mall to walk around and try to get in my 10k steps. Omg, it is hard. So hard! We were there for over 3 hrs and I was able to get just over 7500 steps. I went in and out of stores and mosied as best as I could. Luckily, my daughter was very cooperative and she even took a nap in the stroller, something that rarely ever happens. Since we were there the majority of the day, I got a Jamba Juice smoothie. It was good, and had moderate calories, but not as filling as a proper meal. I got home and fixed me a salmon+veggie+mayo+lemon juice salad and ate about half of it :D The reason for the :D is because it was like 500 calories. 

Oops. I was starving, guys. I needed protein so bad! 

That meal was over 600 calories. 

My total caloric intake for the day was about 1900 calories or so. It wasn't terrible considering just last week one of my meals was 1900!

SMALL VICTORIES!

I hope you all are having a great week :) 

• Like 4

Great job! Many small victories eventually lead to big wins

• Like 2

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

Hi there! 

I went through a period where I tried to get 10k steps every day and it's insanely hard if you don't have an active job or something like that isn't it? I remember learning 45 minutes on my elliptical only gave me 4000 or something. I probably cried.... :( 

Your daughter is so cute though. I think my ovaries just exploded. 

Good luck with your challenge! 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Hi there! 

I went through a period where I tried to get 10k steps every day and it's insanely hard if you don't have an active job or something like that isn't it? I remember learning 45 minutes on my elliptical only gave me 4000 or something. I probably cried.... :(

Your daughter is so cute though. I think my ovaries just exploded. 

Good luck with your challenge! 

It is sooooo hard! :( How do people do it? 

Josie is pretty adorable, thank you :) I'm sorry about your ovaries, though :(

Glad to be back with all the rebels. It's been too long. :D

• Like 3

Today, in an effort to prove to myself that I am ready for this, I threw out cake. 

I THREW OUT CAKE GUYS! 

My soulmate, my love- I threw it out.

I guess I am ready for this new journey. Ready to be here and gains inspiration from all of you guys. 

So glad to be back. 

tumblr_mlnsr94ZmN1qbnkgio1_500.gif

isc1v0p-jpg.gif?w=300&h=169

Good to see you back

• Like 2

Checking in, checking in!

Today, I tracked my food on MFP and I also implemented a new walking routine at work. I decided that I would walk during both my 15 minute breaks and my lunch. Due to that, I was able to log in over 7500 steps for the day! This has brought up an interesting question. Since I am logging all my food into MFP, it is keeping track of my caloric intake, and it is also keeping track of my activity, because of that, it is adding in calories I can consume per day above my 1800. Due to my exercise calories, I am showing a daily deficit. Is that a good thing? Should I eat up to the 1800 calories with the exercise bonus calories or stick to the 1800 calories without the exercise calories?

I need help with this, please :D 

I'm new to calorie counting (it has stressed me out too much in the past) and I want to make sure I do it correctly.

I am also breastfeeding, so it is important that I consume enough to produce food for my baby.

I look forward to your input!

• Like 2

Somehow, somewhere, Nerd Fitness called me out from the depths of the forums to come post on your thread for support! Aka you were a featured 'Top Pick' for me on Tapatalk, imagine that!

Probably has something to do with me being on my third pregnancy and I totally understand the breastfeeding stuff.

I would say as far as the calories, the most important thing is that you're not cutting or missing real nutrients. I recently found out after my second child that I was not taking in nearly enough calcium especially during breastfeeding. I ended up having my first ever major dental issues because of this. So nutrients are a HUGE part of the breastfeeding stuff. If you're exercising on top of that, you need to be very careful that your body isn't robbing itself of needed good things to make it all work. Sugars mask the body's signals of what it might need, such as more protein or more healthy calories.

Please make sure you are investing in a prenatal vitamin daily still, and taking extra calcium+vit D (at a different time than the prenatal). And I honestly wouldn't mess with cutting calories during breastfeeding, it might make your body hold on to what extra it has more thoroughly than if it were well supplied and didn't need the extra? I was told by our midwives I only needed 300-400 extra calories during pregnancy, but 800-900 extra calories during breastfeeding! So yeah, remember to feed yourself and enough for your beautiful baby.

Cheering you on in your new challenge! Welcome back!

YOGA-CAT---How-Fo-You-Do-It-----Cat-Pose

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 2

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

Checking in, checking in!

Today, I tracked my food on MFP and I also implemented a new walking routine at work. I decided that I would walk during both my 15 minute breaks and my lunch. Due to that, I was able to log in over 7500 steps for the day! This has brought up an interesting question. Since I am logging all my food into MFP, it is keeping track of my caloric intake, and it is also keeping track of my activity, because of that, it is adding in calories I can consume per day above my 1800. Due to my exercise calories, I am showing a daily deficit. Is that a good thing? Should I eat up to the 1800 calories with the exercise bonus calories or stick to the 1800 calories without the exercise calories?

I need help with this, please :D

I'm new to calorie counting (it has stressed me out too much in the past) and I want to make sure I do it correctly.

I am also breastfeeding, so it is important that I consume enough to produce food for my baby.

I look forward to your input!

I tend to just track with it and not worry too much about a deficit or overage as long as I know I'm eating 'good' food and not junk...all calories are not created equal ;)

• Like 2

Spoiler

My gut reaction is to not be too overly concerned about an overage of calories so long as it is on reason and the calories you're tsking in are good ones. I have no experience with breast feeding so can't really speak to that, but you're probiding nutrients and health to your child, so I would think that you'd want to keep that in mind with what you're eating. If you've been moving around and not logging the exercise (only the calories) then I'd say you'd be fine with an overage. Like others stated... The health of your child is important and not all calories are created equal :)

Sounds like you're on the right path though! So keep up the good work!!

• Like 2

Oyi spelling errors... Phone typing (sorry)

• Like 1

Somehow, somewhere, Nerd Fitness called me out from the depths of the forums to come post on your thread for support! Aka you were a featured 'Top Pick' for me on Tapatalk, imagine that!

Probably has something to do with me being on my third pregnancy and I totally understand the breastfeeding stuff.

I would say as far as the calories, the most important thing is that you're not cutting or missing real nutrients. I recently found out after my second child that I was not taking in nearly enough calcium especially during breastfeeding. I ended up having my first ever major dental issues because of this. So nutrients are a HUGE part of the breastfeeding stuff. If you're exercising on top of that, you need to be very careful that your body isn't robbing itself of needed good things to make it all work. Sugars mask the body's signals of what it might need, such as more protein or more healthy calories.

Please make sure you are investing in a prenatal vitamin daily still, and taking extra calcium+vit D (at a different time than the prenatal). And I honestly wouldn't mess with cutting calories during breastfeeding, it might make your body hold on to what extra it has more thoroughly than if it were well supplied and didn't need the extra? I was told by our midwives I only needed 300-400 extra calories during pregnancy, but 800-900 extra calories during breastfeeding! So yeah, remember to feed yourself and enough for your beautiful baby.

Cheering you on in your new challenge! Welcome back!

YOGA-CAT---How-Fo-You-Do-It-----Cat-Pose

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

Alexandrite! Thank you so much for your lovely post and awesome info. How are you doing on your pregnancy? I love any guidance from mamas because I have never done this as a mom and any advice is greatly appreciated. I am definitely trying to be mindful of my caloric intake in order to make sure I am creating enough food for my little one. Lately, I have been pretty full. I have been trying to eat as much calcium as possible through the help of yogurt, cheese and any other foods that contain it. I'm not the biggest milk fan, so it rarely comes from that. I am grateful that the MFP app is able to breakdown what type of nutrients I am consuming and what I need. You are so right about the sugar! You put it really well. Cutting back sugar has been my biggest issue (pastry addict), however realizing how many calories there are and how little nutrients it has, is helping me want sweets less.

Thank you again and I hope you are having a great week!

• Like 3