Elanor's challenge #5: loving every day!

Challenge #5 - November 2015

Hey everyone!

Challenge started 1 week ago and I never wrote my end results for last challenge - duh. I needed time to reflect, to not put everything in words at once.

So many things happened, but I have to say: I’m already on this challenge from the start but I prioritized my goals instead of all the community stuff - I did a lot of refinement and added more precision to my goals so I’m more clear.

Example: I always said “no starch for lunch†- but I allowed rice and potatoes. So, now instead I write: “no wheat for lunch†- this is very clear and I think, swapping out wheat really helps me because I always get bloated with it.

I keep to the rule to eat veggies and protein with every meal and to drink 2l of water everyday.

For exercise: it’s still to get moving minimum 5 mins every day. I still struggle to get my butt out of the office chair but this also is changing - see reasons down below.

But, there is great news: I took 20 secs of courage last week and walked for the first time ever into a gym and informed myself about their concept!!!! I don’t know if I will go there regularly yet but I turned out that my boyfriend would really love to go and work out at a gym with me - whoah!!!!!!!!!!

This is my second fitness goal for this month: find new ways to exercise to do more and try out what I like. :)

For my non-fitness goals: daily chores run quite nice, but for this challenge I chose to prioritize time to take care of myself. It’s about establishing some kind of morning routine: getting up, get dressed, brushed, brush teeth etc. and make myself ready for the day. This really has tremendous effects!! I used to wake up, switch on the Computer and just get properly dressed when I had to leave the house around noon. So, level up! :D

So, I think I keep it to this post for now, more info about me is still to come - I don’t know if I will update more than weekly here but I feels good to keep in touch with everyone, because this community is so helpful!

Let’s get prepared for battle fellow rebels!!!!

Yours, Elanor

• Like 2

Level 9 Human-Viking Paladin
Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

My journey - Elanor's official Blog

My weekly Fitness-Vlog on YouTube

Hi Elanor, that is such good news about your boyfriend wanting to train with you at the gym! A workout buddy is a great way to keep yourself accountable. Have you given any consideration as to how you're going to grade your progress on this challenge?

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

this challenge I chose to prioritize time to take care of myself. It’s about establishing some kind of morning routine: getting up, get dressed, brushed, brush teeth etc. and make myself ready for the day. This really has tremendous effects!! I used to wake up, switch on the Computer and just get properly dressed when I had to leave the house around noon. So, level up! :D

On non-work days I desperately still need a routine because if I fuck up in the morning, it messes with the entire day.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

I understand ,the messing up my day! I have certain routines, they keep me balanced ! It's what I have to do now for me!! I hope you find that balance!! Do what works for you and you've got it!! Best of luck!! Positive thoughts for you!!!

-Jadyn Rayne-
Race: Wood Elf
Class: -Adventurer-DIVERGENT
Level:3
STR: 11 | CHA: 5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 8| CON: 7| DEX: 4

Jadyn Rayne's Battle Log

JadynRayne's current challenge

"Not all who wander are lost."

Hello everyone! Thanks so much for all your posts (it seems I've forgotten to follow my own topic because I didn't receive any notifications about your messages - sorry!).

Last week I was abroad and with my injured finger, I wasn't very much in the mood for writing ;)

It's so amazing what is happening now that I focus on the balance of my small goals. Establishing a morning routine really helps me out. I'm less stressed because I just feel ready for the day. I then already did 5 squats and pushups (wall) so my body feels even more awake and I can do my daily chores with more ease. It's small, but really changes so much!!!

While writing I'm sipping on my ginger-lemon-honey - I really struggled with drinking enough water for the last 2 weeks as I just don't feel to drink when it's cold outside. That's what I thought!!! In fact I'm just not drinking because the ice cold tapwater really stresses my guts - while drinking warm or sweet things works of course. I went to buy bottled water, which is good but I haven't gotten any for this week end because I forgot. So yesterday I started to be creative and mixed 3/4 l of water with 30g of chopped ginger, juice of 1/2 lemon and a teaspoon with honey. I know, it adds some extra sugar but at least I control it and it boosts my immune system. Now, with 2l of liquid in my system again, I do feel better.

Drinking less than 1 l leaves me feeling constipated now that I'm used to drinking more. What's your experience?

As for the gym workouts with my husband we haven't really made a step forward but he was just informed, that he'd finally get his permanent job contract and he will get his schooling next week payed!!!!!! One week more of stress and then we may officially say that we went through the big part of him getting a new job!!!

:victorious: :victorious: :victorious:

• Like 2

Level 9 Human-Viking Paladin
Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

My journey - Elanor's official Blog

My weekly Fitness-Vlog on YouTube

Drinking less than 1 l leaves me feeling constipated now that I'm used to drinking more. What's your experience?

I find that within a couple of days of keeping properly hydrated, my body comes to expect the regular dose of enough fluids and I stop having to pee all the time and am constantly thirsty if I don't keep it up so I am not surprised your body is also acclimatising in it's own way. 

Congratulations on your husband's new job too, that's fantastic news! 

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten