Jayniana Jones and the Next Crusade

Jayniana Jones

This week was a bit rougher than others. I managed to maintain walking my puppy about 4 miles per day. My in-laws moved in for the first part of the week and I found it hard to squeeze in workouts other than walking because my daily workload doubled. I spent a good chunk of the time preparing meals, visiting, and feeling like I had to provide entertainment. Looking back I should've just told everyone I was going downstairs to workout and not to bug me, but felt I had to be running for everyone. Grr. I love 'em, but next round of the challenge I need to figure out how to voice what I need.

I managed to regroup a bit yesterday and did yoga between catching up on my work I missed while everyone was here.

Overall, this definitely wasn't a perfect week workout wise, but I'm glad I got in what I did.

• Like 1

Druid - Assassin - Adventurer Level 18

Challenges: [Current
[18} [17] [16] [15] [14] [13] [12] [11] [10] [9] [8] [7] [6] [5] [4] [3] [ 2 ] [ 1 ]

Sorry, my "puppy" is 1 1/2 years old. I do multiple sessions a day. Most of our walks are around 30-45 minute sessions. He's pretty high energy. I've noticed if I skip a day of walking with him, he's a bit hard for my other family members to handle. :)

• Like 3

[18} [17] [16] [15] [14] [13] [12] [11] [10] [9] [8] [7] [6] [5] [4] [3] [ 2 ] [ 1 ]

What kind of dog do you have? I have a SUPER LAZY American Bulldog who sleeps through most of the day and all through the night. :-) He doesn't want to walk more than 20 minutes at a time, and by the time we get home he's all about the naps and cuddles again.

BUT ANYWAY

You're absolutely right that it's important to voice your needs. I'm really lucky with my in-laws, so excusing myself for a workout has never been an issue. However, it will always be best to be upfront with it. "After dinner, I need an hour to work out" is plenty polite, especially if you're spending the entire day entertaining. That said, your walks with the buddy aren't too shabby; I would hesitate to underestimate them. :-)

Thanks. I hadn't thought of telling everyone ahead of time I'm going to workout. Geesh, sometimes my brain doesn't see the obvious.

I have a mini-australian shepherd. Here's a pic:

IMAG0393-e1450474951333.jpg

You can't see it well in the photo, but his eyes are blue.

• Like 2

Thanks. I hadn't thought of telling everyone ahead of time I'm going to workout. Geesh, sometimes my brain doesn't see the obvious.

I have a mini-australian shepherd. Here's a pic:

IMAG0393-e1450474951333.jpg

You can't see it well in the photo, but his eyes are blue.

Cool! I have an Australian Shepherd, Siberian Husky mix.

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria