I was born under a bad sign

Hey, nerds. This community looks like the exact place I've been looking for and I'm glad I found it. All of the Rebel statements resonated with me deeply, and I'm going to really dig delving into this place.

I'm currently healing from some self-inflicted wounds and recovering from some horrible life decisions, but in a nutshell you could say that I'm ready to give it my all to being healthy for a change, because my life depends on it. You could essentially call me level zero, or maybe even level subzero, but I like to think that even the most inspirational people started somewhere low... and that losers are just people with bad brain-body chemistry.

Anyway, hi  :redface-new:

• Like 1

I actually used to bite myself as a way of trying to contain my frustrations and aggressions, until I accidentally bruised a tendon in my hand from biting it and punching a glass TV screen and saw how much that damage limited what I could do with that hand, thus limiting what I could do as a whole for awhile. To this day, my right hand is still functional, but it starts to get to hurting when it's put under too much stress.

Also with my some-what recent decision (over the past 6 months) to join the military sometime soon, I decided it would be best if I did not do anything to myself that might, best case, make it harder to do things to stay in shape and, worst case, leave me crippled or unable to pass physical or pschie check when enlisting.

Welcome, and I do hope you continue to recover and find alternatives to self harm. Maybe try some things from the Druid guild for stretchy things and meditation and body recovery, or even the Monk guild for fighty things and meditation and physical strengthening. Hell, just working out is an anti-depressant and stress-reliever, assuming that's where you're coming from. Please excuse me if I'm wrong. Just try them all!

• Like 2