Pixie Kitten's Daily Happenings

Watched a young stallion get his balls chopped off today. It was very interesting.

Also, deadlifted 20kg for the first time today. I know that's still really light, but it's twice what I did last time and I actually can't up it any more because that's all the weight I have for my barbell.

Didn't quite do 30000 steps today. As of right now, the counter's at 19,418, so at least I will have done 20,000 before bed.

My head still hurts.

Not-Boyfriend's haribo is sitting on the dining room table next to me and I don't want it that bad. I consider that a big achievement.

• Like 1

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
17 STR ¦ 17 STA ¦ 13 CON ¦ 17 WIS ¦ 13 CHA ¦ 12 DEX

Latest Challenge! , Battle Log! , CHARACTERYAY

I love having mondays off. They're always so chilled.

Queenie and I had a good day today!

Iiiiiii really don't feel like typing much :/

But yeah. Ticked off some quests from Nerd Fitness Academy today. Whee.

Gotta write out a lesson plan for Queen for tomorrow!

Eating clean today.. ish. Mostly. I had chicken goujons. The breaded ones. But everything else was good stuff! I gotta go food shopping on wednesday, I've got nothing left now!

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.

Queenie(horse) went really well today. Hutch(dog) enjoyed his walk. Lindir(leopard gecko) got fed a tub of locusts. Neo(sulcata tortoise) wasn't happy because I couldn't give him much grass because of the rain. I can't clean the Pancake and Honey(rabbits) out because dad still hasn't emptied the tubs. Peanut and Pepper(bearded dragons) haven't moved in 4 days. Flicka(corn snake) should be shedding in the next week. I just came home from a 9 hour shift.

Chatted to a guy who wants me to look after his snakes for 3 weeks when he has to go to Norway for work. Gonna meet him on Thursday and see what he's got. He's gonna pay me fr it too, and it's a 20-24 minute bike ride either way, so bonus money and exercise!

I'm gonna watch princess and the frog then go to bed. Tireddd.

Level 9 Pixie

Finally I get a list of all the pets! I only have 2 snakes but I'd love to have some lizards :) Especially a leopard gecki.

Babysitting snakes should be good, especially if you get paid for it. 

Cephalopod Dreams

Halfling Monk

Challenges: Level 4 | Academy: Level 10

Str 4 | Dex 4 | Sta 4 | Con 7 | Wis 5 | Cha 2

My Character

I'm aiming for my black belt in Shotokan Karate, training to defeat the monster that is chronic pain.

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Flicka shed last night. Pixie was very ill last night. Pixie has work in an hour and a half. Instead of getting ready, Pixie is going to play EverQuest for an hour then panic.

• Like 1

Level 9 Pixie

Work was icky. Today the weather's icky. Ive been shopping and been to see Queenie but I have to go back because I left her on the yard to eat hay sop I could come home and have food.

I'm so cold.

Level 9 Pixie

Oh dear, you dont sound very well at all. yay for you still taking care of the animals when you feel rubbish. I hope you feel better soon. 

Cephalopod Dreams

Halfling Monk

My Character

I'm aiming for my black belt in Shotokan Karate, training to defeat the monster that is chronic pain.

I just can't shift this cough! :( Put many many many more layers of clothes on before I went back to Queenie, and didn't feel cold at all, so that was good. She was pretty full halfway through her second haynet and just stood there not eating it so I took her back out. She didn't really want to do that either, I think she liked being out of the field and away from the wind! Coaxed her out eventually and gave her a cuddle, and she went on her merry way. Wearing both of her rugs.

I hope it's warmer tomorrow.

Level 9 Pixie

It's warmer now. But now everyone on the yard is having that horrible decision to make. Should we rug? Should we let them out naked? Should they have a thinner rug? WHAT'S THE TEMPERATURE GOIGN TO BE TONIGHT? Are they fluffy enough? Are they too skinny? NO ONE KNOW WHAT TO DO IN THIS WEATHER and we all go a little nuts trying to decide. Everyone's running around like headless chickens trying to find thinner rugs, or shoving their hand down the rug their horse is currently wearing trying to determine how hot they are now and how hot they'll be at night, and gah.

I'm still ill. But I went to Crufts the other day and it was awesome! I have over 700 photos to sort through, which is why I haven't flooded the internet with them yet.. I'm too lazy!

Hutch now has a batman collar and lead set. It makes me so happy for nerdy reasons.

Well, I guess it's back to the yard!

Level 9 Pixie

I don't get how I wasn't continually losing weight for... well, my entire life from teenagerhood. Seriously. Some days I wouldn't eat a damn thing. And I was always active. Yet now I'm eating almost 4 times as much as I used to, and I've been hovering between the same two pounds for months! And when I was younger(though no one will agree to this), I was kinda chubby! Yeah, ok, I was 6 stone. But did I have a flat belly? No. Did everythign wobble when I walked? Yes. Did I spend my entire childhood thinking I was fat and being shot down if I ever dared mention it because 'You're tiny, shut up')? Absolutely.

But now, at 23, I still have a belly, though it's much smaller, I'm still tiny, I'm eating so much that even Not-Boyfriend(Not gonna lie, it's been 5 months and I'm getting sick of putting 'Not' in front of that) doesn't quite get where it all goes, I'm exercising at least twice a week, and don't feel too bad if I don't because I'm always doing something physical anyway, and I STILL. DON'T. CHANGE.

Getting a little frustrated.

Aaaaaanyway. Yesterday I walked the dog, brought the horse in, fed her, and had to leave her on the yard on hay for someone else to take out whenever they thought she was finished, because I hd a 10 hour shift at work. Yaaaay.

It was pretty boring. If it hadn't been for the bookings it would have been dead. But we had bookings. A table of 40 in the afternoon, and three tables of 8 all at the same time in the evening. And a few smaller ones dotted throughout the day. Kept us kinda busy.

I cooked a whle packet of bacon in the morning so I could much all through work. 11 rashers were cooked, but only 4 made it into the foil cto be taken to work. I mean, when you're standing there waiting for bacon to cook, and there's a pile off already cooked bacon right next to you, and all you can smell is bacon and you haven't had breakfast yet and you're in a hurry and bacon...

Bacon.

Also drank a good 4 pints of milk, and had a carvery. And pinched a few chips just before everything got thrown away at the end of the night. I also grabbed a carrier bag full of meat and veg for the foxes. I like to think if I feed them away from my house, in the field they call home, they won't come sniffing around my bunnies. I can hope.

Went straight to bed after work. Rather tired.

TODAY

It's still morning. Had a wee lie in because I could. Been up for an hour, and have not done much. The tortoise is currently enjoying a nice hott bath and stinking up the living room by pooing in it. Whee. After putting him back I plan to walk the dog and see the horse and I may just have to stay there all day so she gets fed again. Stupid skinny horse. I was worrying about her all day yesterday because I hate leaving her for someone else to sort out. What if they didn't put her big rug back on? Did they give her the second feed? What if she played up and they shouted at her? Shouting at her doesn't work!! Meh :(

But I really need to stay in toda because I might have deliveries coming... All stuff for Queenie. I want her exercise sheet!! She's gonna look so pretty!! And it'll hide her skinny!

• Like 1

Level 9 Pixie

I don't want to jump into the pile of people saying 'you cant be fat because x', but it might be more helpful for you to consider that a) we are girls, we will always always wobble a bit and B) tummies will always have a bit of pooch (because your organs live there) and you need super rock hard abs to hide that.

It sounds to me like rather than losing more weight, you actually want to swap some fat for muscle. That will get you the hard, toned body you seem to be after.

I have every sympathy though. I have body dismorphia and am a recovered bulimic. My twin sister was anorexic. I know what it's like to have that very big disconnect between what you see and what other people see. *hugs*. 

Cephalopod Dreams

Halfling Monk

My Character

Yeah, I've never wanted to lose weight.. just the wobbly bits! It's just annoying, and I'm not disciplined enough to make anything stick, and blah. I'm just tired. Thanks Ceph. :)

Not-Boyfriend and I went out on Tuesday for the night. Booked a hotel again, because I got a discount coade and it's so much better walking for 5 minutes instead of fumbling for money for a taxi home then having to be quiet because of family and blah. The night went as it always does, mostly fun, with one argument that left one of us in tears and the other threatening to walk away. Then we saw some figurines for a tabletop game, someone made a joke and we were fine. We were so fine, that Not-Boyfriend admitted that I hadn't been Not-Girlfriend for a while. So, now, yes. He is officially Boyfriend! Makes me all happy and giggly and stuff. Only took 6 months but hey. We had a rocky start.

giphy.gif

I haven't done a single workout this challenge. I'm so disappointed in myself it's unreal. All motivation seems to have fluttered away, leaving only frustration and anger in its wake. Why can't I just do it? Why am I eating this sandwich when I know it'll give me a stomach ache later? Why am I buying this when I know I won't eat it? Why do I feel like I can complain about not changing when I just don't put the work into it?

Why am I typing this post when I have to be at work in 35 minutes and I'm still in my dressing gown?

giphy.gif

Shall I even go to work?

I really hate work. It's bringing me down so much I want to cry every time I get ready. Putting on make up feels like putting on war paint. People are actually starting to see a correllation and realising that if I have no make up on you really shouldn't talk to me. I clearly don't care about this job enough to even attempt to look good while I'm there some days.

Ugh. I'm unhappy with so many things in my life right now. I'd think about seeing a doctor for depression and anxiety if that didn't involve y'know... seeing a doctor about depression and anxiety.

I'm applying for a job at a shop on the other side of town before I get ready. It migh be a couple of miles away, but I'd get paid almost £2 more an hour. So even if they could only give me part time, I'll be getting paid more than my current place. Gotta be worth a try right?

Level 9 Pixie

Queenie and I had a cuddle today and a walk around the field. There's this ditch with a little stream separating two fields and we jumped over those together. It's fun watching her jump from the ground. I took her progress photos and gave her a carrot and a cuddle, one happy horse.

Hutch had a walk to the pet shop where I bought some more locusts for the lizards. Lindir's got a couple of tubs of the smaller ones while Peanut and Pepper shared a tub of the slightly bigger ones.

Neo's not eating today. The other day her managed to tip his house over, which had these plastic decorative leaves on top, and I think he ate one or two. I knew it was a bad idea to have them in there, but they help keep the humidity up and I thought they were out of his reach and gah. He did manage to eat 4 rasbarries though so he can't be feeling that bad.

The rabbits are having a play in their outdoor run on the lawn. Dad's put it so they can run between that and their house so they can go inside whenever they want.. or if a buzzard flies overhead.. =S

I have work in an hour. Manager D called me up to the office as son as I got there yesterday for a chat. Said he knows I'm not happy and wants to try and help work some things out, and we talked about a few things, I was promised a raise, yada yada... It made me feel a lot better. But it's gonna take some time before I think 'ugh, I don't wanna go to work today.'

Because ugh, I don't wanna go to work today. I've walked and biked and stomped through mug and jumped over streams and did the Acadamy workout and done some challenge related paperwork(because somehow I make everything need paperwork) and I'm tired. I want to curl up on the sofa reading my book, eat some more food, then stretch out in a nice hot bubble bath that smells of lavender and juniper, then curl up in bed and sleep for a week.

But nooooo. It's Easter weekend. I gotta be all Rhianna and work work work work work.

grumblegrumblegrumble.

At least the weather's nice. And I got to say that I actually won this challenge. AND MY PLANTS ARE GROWING. Nothing's died yet! I may need to re-pot the strawberries, they look a bit crowded, but everything has remained alive!

Gonna try and make a change in how much I grumble. I know venting is good but I don't want to always be complaining. So from now on anything grumbly will be in smaller text so it'll be easier for me to see how much I'm grumbling.

Aaaand I finally sorted out my photos from Crufts... you know, from two weeks ago...

*waits for them all to upload on facebook so she can grab a link*

This is taking a while.

doo dee doooo...

There we go!

12891093_10154046545418659_4192111256005

Big dogs!

12593568_10154046562448659_6052009882197

Little dogs!

12377777_10154046567083659_3865658398730

Famous dogs! (Google Pudsey the dog if you don't know him.. Educate yourself!)

12898206_10154046572943659_6843065212999

AND FLYING FLYBALL FLOOFSIES!

Level 9 Pixie

Found a £5 note on the floor while walking the dog today. Couldn't see anyone around. Yay free money!!

Queenie's looking good today. She's staying in on hay, and I gave her a nice big feed.

Weather's a little icky today. On and off raining, but I'm told Queenie doesn't need her big rug back on. It is still kinda warmish.

Neo still doesn't have much of an appetite. I'll mix some carrot in with his grass, that might tempt him.

I've dug out my bunny ears for tomorrow. S'gonna be fun!

It's not gonna be fun. It's gonna be busy as hell and I don't have a fridge in the dessert room and...

NOT GONNA GRUMBLE.

Bunny ears. Fun.

Also, cooked a whole pack of bacon again. Only 9 rashers in it though, so meh. 2 down, 7 to go! Nomnomnomnomnom....

Level 9 Pixie

Today was good. I enjoyed today.

12920362_10154059118778659_6777705457974

The insides of Queenie's ears are white because she's got mites or flies or something biting her ears... Will she ever catch a break?

Level 9 Pixie

It's meant to be purple :) In fact, one of the others appeared today! I've never been so excited over a couple of little flowers before!

12717997_10154069678653659_1691632285202

Today's been nice. The weather's been nice, there have been no mishaps, and I have been super active.

I cleaned the bunnies out, then cycled to the stables, broought Queenie in, fed her, gave her the biggest haynet I could find, and cycled home. From there I picked up Hutchy pup and we walked to the pet store to buy dog, lizard and snake food. We walked back, I put everything away, then I cycled once more to the stables. I stayed there for a couple of hours grooming Queenie and letting her eat some more hay, then let her out and cycled home. Then I re-potted the strawberries, and the flowers were graduated into their basket!

12294695_10154069682213659_5853207112271

I had some lunch, then it was back out on the bike again to my little job of looking after my friend's snakes. He left for Norway on Tues and he'll be gone for 3 weeks, then he's back for the weekend to feed them all then going back to Norway for another 3 weeks! I changed all their waters and had a cuddle with one of the ball pythons. I can't handle the rainbow boa at the moment because he's shedding, and the emerald tree pyton and emerald tree boa are both too small for handling, but they're all super cute.

12524404_10154069682478659_1018624099398

Did a little shopping on my way home, then came back and I am so done. Someone feed me , I don't want to move -_-

I bought a bodybuilders meal replacement shake thingy for my next challenge. Should be interesting. Maybe my wobbly line will actually have a slightly more consistant incline! I'm super excited for this challenge. I'm gonna kick it's ass. I'm gonna beat some PRs, then by the end of the challenge I'll have beated THOSE PRs, and everyone will have no choice but to bow to my tenacity and awesomeness. I'm gonna lift stuff, I'm gonna push stuff, I'm gonna pull stuff, and I'm gonna kill it. So pumped for this. So pumped.

Level 9 Pixie

Today is Hutchy's birthday. Hutch is 6 today!

Ish. I think. He's a rescue, so someone picked it for him. He's around this age. Somewhat.

HUTCH IS 6 TODAY.

12938217_10154072991983659_6076890840235

12472305_10154072992013659_9213883982357

And I measured Neo this morning. The green one is from the day I brought him home, the white is this morning. Grow, my minion, grow!

12494766_10154072990663659_6217487246743

Also, I finally got round to baking some gluten free cakes!! I made three different flavours, coconut, honey&lemon, and cherry. Just waiting for them to cool now so I can decorate! Then it's off to work for peole to sample! If they like them, we'll sell them at work and I get some money from it! Whee!

12938135_10154072992613659_4189222149578

12376843_10154072993523659_3284790769182

12938092_10154072993678659_1353791325567

Waiting is boring.

12923275_10154073045833659_7872270129107

YAY!

• Like 1

Level 9 Pixie

Hazard, you're going to like this one.

*walks onto yard, sees Queenie has been brought in with the riding school lot*

Oh, sweet! Hi Queenie!

*walks around the pony blocking view of Queenie's back half*

How have you been my gi-

12495063_10154075062243659_3833679147668

Queenie.

What is that?

944991_10154075062438659_379734325873467

Queenie no.

Queenie why?

12294680_10154075062568659_8245242006047

Oh look, you did it so bad you hurt yourself.

QUEENIE WHY.

Right, duct tape and purple spray!!

*purple sprays wound*

*attempts to duct tape tear*

DUCT TAPE DOESNT STICK TO WET RUGS

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

And that, ladies and gentlerebels, is my morning. I'm wet, I'm annoyed, and I have to sew up my assistant manager's shirt before I get ready for work. Because I'm such a nice person I offered to fix it for him.

Also, one of my fingers is purple now. Stupid healing spray.

Level 9 Pixie

After much scrubbing, my finger is now normal-coloured. Under the nail is still bright purple though. Whee.

Alarm went off at 8am today. I let Hutchy downstairs and thought, 'eh, I can snooze for another half hour.'

Apparently I turned the alarm at half 8 off while still asleep and carried on snoozing, because I woke up at half 10. I gues Hutch is getting a treadmill walk today. Not that he minds, it's better than no walk, and he does wag his tail the whole time.

So, bunnies fed, tortoise fed, beardies fed, it's 11am and I'm hungry and have no food and need to get ready for work but am hungry and need to put weight on but have no time for food and wah.

Level 9 Pixie