Pixie Kitten's Daily Happenings

13173719_10154162322493659_4604691011898

Today was so hot I could take Neo out to the field with Hutch! We spent an hour with me sunbathing, Hutch sniffing around and Neo eating every dandelion in sight.

Every.

Dandelion.

In sight.

I say I was sunbathing. I was a third sunbathing, a third constantly looking up to see what the kids were doing, and a third chasing after Neo because he'd managed to wander halfway down the field. And it's a big field.

Also, Queenie has a new rug now. @Hazard, I think you'll like this!

13151778_10154160555198659_7571092933421

Tadaa!! It's a waterproof, so it's got no filling but it's still enough of a covering to keep her warm at night, and then not totally bake before I can get to her and take it off. Today I took it off and left it in the field she was in, and she was a bit too hot (I'd left her until about 2 as it was overcast when I fed her in the morning and I thought it'd stay that way, then it got super hot and.... Yeah, I forgot about her. Oops.), so it got taken off and I led her to the hugepuddle/small lake that's usually in the field from late september to mid-june. Took my shoes off, Hutch was already swimming in it. Waded on in to about knee height(Thank god I was wearing shorts!) and splashed some over her back and on her neck. She had a little splash herself and then headed on back to her buddies. I went back down at about 7pm and threw the rug back on her. She seemed rather content.

Today's been wonderful. The weather was gorgeous, I sunbathed in a field, splahed around in a questionable body of water, had quality time with horses, dogs and tortoises, cycled up to the snake man and got my final payment as the 6 weeks is now over and he's back, with promises of going away again around august so more money is a coming!

I spent a little of it on food as I've not been very well recently and pretty much stopped eating, but I think I'm back to normal now!

AND

It's Sunday. And I wasn't working. I had the day off. AND IT WAS LOVELY. Now I feel refreshed and ready to take on tomorrow's handstand challenge!!

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
17 STR ¦ 17 STA ¦ 13 CON ¦ 17 WIS ¦ 13 CHA ¦ 12 DEX

Latest Challenge! , Battle Log! , CHARACTERYAY

Queenie is now a normal, rugless horse out in a large field with two other skinny horses. A week in there and they'll no longer be skinny! Huzzah!

In other news, I got some more tattoos done on thursday. Looks sweet.

I also just tried to do a handstand against the wall instead of the sofa and kinda full on backwards jumped into it. My head hurts.

AND, there's a new baby donkey at work. She's called Binky, and she's three days old. THREE DAYS OLD.

13221486_518047735047604_654634583620250

• Like 2

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.

It's exactly 8 weeks until my 5k today.

Running training has been very on/off thanks to stupid knee.

But I found darebee's 8 weeks to 5k training page and the first day looked so much easier than what I had been trying to do, so I went for a run earlier and tried it.

Longest 2 minutes of my life. The second one was easier, and then it was done! I feel like I've got this. Because of the nature of this run, it's not a non-stop-running 5k. There are thse massive obstacles to do, so there's breaks in the running. So if I traing to do a full 5k whilst also doing strength training, I'll be set!

I haven't been able to go swimming since you're not allowed to soak new tattoos. The next time I'll be in water will be in Greece. But after that? Well, I might get more work on my sleeve done. But after that? SWIMMING!

I've been watching Achievement Hunter's lets plays of Uncharted 4 recently. It's making me really really really want to do three things; Buy a gaming console. be a badass parkour master, and become a pirate treasure hunter. At least 2 out of 3 are actually attainable.

Also, if you search 'Disney run' on giphy you find a lot of kocoum in odd situations. Like this.

giphy.gif

Hehehehehe.

Level 9 Pixie

Had a mini holiday this week. Boyfriend and I booked a hotel and spent Monday-Wednesday in town. It was nice to get away from everything, even if we were still in our own town. Now I'm tired and have lots to do but I'm tired and waaahh.

Level 9 Pixie

It's a beautiful day here in England, the sun is shining, it's hot and everyone else is complaining about it, the tortoise has been in the garden since 9am, me and Hutchy did our run today, Queenie rode beautifully, had a bath and is now looking absolutely stunning! AND She let me take photos with her. She was in such a good mood today. I couldn't even get mad when she trod on my foot and pivoted on it. I'm sure it was an accident.

image.jpg

image.jpg

We're gonna start doing some pole work soon to get some muscle on her butt.

image.jpg

I LOVE SUMMER.

• Like 2

Level 9 Pixie

I was just writing a post in my new challenge thread when I got a phone call from the vets. Honey went in for a dental this morning which means putting her under, which always terrifies me and I've been on edge all day. But I got this call. She absolutely fine, just coming round from the anesthetic now and I can pick her up at 6. Insert emotional Pixie.

I feel so bad for Pancake though. He is not a solitary bunny. He hates being alone. Why my first rabbit Lilli died, I didn't want to buy another one. But Pancake got depressed within a couple of days, to the point where I had to bring him in to be with me. All the time. Like, I went shopping in town with him in my bag because he hated being alone and was following me everywhere. I only got kicked out of one shop, but they didnt even notice him until after I paid. I was literally walking out anyway.

But yeah. I went to check on him when I came back from town today to find him sat in the corner of his shed with his head pressed against the wall. Oh dear. So I put him out in the run with the tortoise. He's very bi-species friendly. I don't think he cares what company he gets as long as there's someone with him. Even the dog went in with him for a bit, but Hutch has a thing against cages(which I suspect comes with being a shelter dog)  so he was only in there long enough for me to snap a couple of photos. So many emotionally needy pets!

Neo doesn't give a shit though. He doesn't mind where you put him as long as there's food, heat and room to walk. And as long as whoever he's with isn't going to use him as a chew toy, he doesn't care who he's with.

image.jpg

And hey. Anyone remember I bought plants a few months ago? Most of them made it this far alive! The only one that didn't was one of the pepper plants, which became tortoise food when he knocked it over. Stupid greedy tortoise.

image.jpg

Look! STRAWBERRIES!!!!

image.jpg

AND FLOWERS!

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud.

Now I have to wait three hours before I can pick up my Honey Bunny. It's a run  day today. I should probably do that.

• Like 2

Level 9 Pixie

49 minutes ago, Hazard said:

At my old house we had a strawberry garden.  Used to get wild bunnies come up from the forest to nibble on them.  I felt conflicted.  Bunnies are cuute.

This has 2 answers.

A ) You should make a chicken wire fence around stuff you didn't want nibbled.

B ) Plant twice as many strawberries so everyone gets some! =D

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Level 9 Pixie

It's been a looooong time since I posted here. I was focusing more on my challenge thread. But I have a few days of posting here before the next challenge threads start! And boy, do I have a challenge planned or WHAT. It's gonna be so awesome. I have so many plans. I have gifs saved. I have pages of descriptions, rules, twists and turns, boosts and consequences.. GUYS. It's gonna be a game. A survival game. AND I WILL SURVIVE.

• Like 1

Level 9 Pixie