New to the community!

Hello All!

My name is Shelby and I am new to the community, although I have been on the Nerd Fitness email list for a couple years now.  I love that stuff.

My story is quick, I was in an emotionally abusive relationship in my late teen years into my early twenties.  Combined with the new found depression, we ate horribly as a couple.  I gained 100lbs (roughly) easily, almost without even noticing.  Once the relationship was over, I lost 35lbs without trying, and since then another 25 (with effort....). 

Now, I am looking to work on the rest, and motivation gets hard, I know I have done well based on my clothes but it can be hard to keep up the momentum.  Where I am currently helps with the ability to get to my goals (no longer living with my candy and chocolate crazy family, single, emotionally stable).  I am hoping that being on here helps me stay accountable, and by reading everyone else's posts, keep me motivated.

I am a total nerd for anything hero/action packed.  Anything that gets the adrenaline pumping, for example The Avengers, but it all really stems from a serious love for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Might be why I feel like I want to be almost all the different professions, warrior, scout, assassin, etc.

Well anyways..... Hi. Hope everyone's journey is going well.  Keep your chin up and sit deep into that squat!

Hi Shelby! First off, major major kudos to you for getting to an emotionally stable place. That's really tough to do and I commend you for it. I'm new to the Rebellion myself, though like you I've been getting the emails for a while but only just started posting and participating.

And I am digging the BtVS love! Somehow I missed out on it when it was airing, but I discovered it a few years back and loved it all. This past summer, I started rewatching the series, and when I got to season 4, tried to watch it chronologically with Angel episodes. (That kind of split focus didn't last very long!) Buffy proved to be my gateway drug to all things Whedon.

Hope to see you around the forums!

Level 1 Imp, Aspiring Warrior / Assassin

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 0 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

My first challenge