Music that gets you moving.

Guest Snake McClain
Have you ever tried squatting a heavy double while that Colbie Cailat or whoever sings that "Bubbly" song? No? Well, you're fortunate then. I was pretty sure that was the end of me. :P

so absolutely true. horrible.

Wait I can beat this one.. my wife and I have very different ideas of good workout music... she start her workout after I started mine but I didn't have any music on yet. Anyway, I am knocking out push ups, and all of sudden I hear JOHN DEVER's Annie Song coming over the speakers.. I am not kidding, I almost broke my nose on the next downward movement :hopelessness:

I can't work out hard to metal, I've been trained by triathlon to appreciate a doof-doof-doof europop driving beat, and all else is distraction. Luckily the gym plays that already, so I don't have to mess with wires. I'd trip over.

Having said that, my pre-gym playlist is pure power-uplift cheese - Christina Aguilerra, Fighter ; Rocky OST, Burning Heart; Die Toten Hosen, In Control; Florence, Howl.

I can't believe I forgot about Guns N Roses. They were playing them today at the gym which made me think of Queensryche and Quiet Riot (no idea why I'm on Q's today).

I'm suddenly looking forward to the next snowy/crappy weekend. I'm going to camp out here and watch 80's horror movies.

BC, 80's hair bands seem like a guilty pleasure now, hence the shame factor.

Dropkicks, Flogging Molly, Tossers, some electronic, alternative rock(AWOLnation and others), then I mostly pick and choose songs. Some Tool, some Nick Cave, and mid to late 90's and early 2000's. I can also get down with some rap.

Yaaaah!!! THE WARRIOR'S CODE! Punk with bagpipes - you gotta love it. Nice one, and highly motivational.

Not that I share this view, but all the metal/hardcore people have mentioned makes me think of Rollins' comment in his essay on the Iron, about how he lifts to ballads. Never thought I'd use "Rollins" and "Ballads" in the same sentence. I do enjoy running/lifting to "Get Some Go Again" and "The End of Silence" (Rollins Band), however.

I have really diverse musical tastes (from pop to Yoruba to post-modern classical to rap), so I actually have several "pump-up" playlists on my IPod. I got one for when I want music that would fit an action scene from a movie/game and another for when I am really frustrated, for example. However, without fail, the songs that always get my ready for action are:

* "Here I Come" - The Roots

* "Let it Rock" - Kevin Rudolph

* "You Know my Name" - Chris Cornell

* "Backatown" - Trombone Shorty

* "Hard" - Rihanna

* "La Suerte de los Tontos" - Stan Kenton Jazz Orchestra (sounds like what would play if Humphrey Bogart met Indiana Jones)

Level 4 Secret Agent Assassin

STR - 5  DEX - 4  STA - 6  CON - 4  WIS - 10  CHA - 7

6 Week Challenge - Mission 160

Fast music for running: doubleDrive, Revis, Art of Dying, Opiate for the Masses' earlier stuff, 32 Leaves, Armchair Cynics, and +1 to Dropkick Murphy's

Slower music is good too: Transmatic, Submersed, Abandoned Pools, Jeremiah Freed, Goo Goo Dolls, Alston, Brand New, Greenwheel, Jonathan Coulton

Sometimes I think I listen to too much music. Then I tell myself I'm being ridiculous, there's no such thing.

Finland's greatest exports, Lordi. I don't listen to them any other time but when working out.

Hard Rock Hallelujah gets me pumped.

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level

Nick Cave to work out? Interesting choice :)

I like NIN, Bad Religion, sometimes Apoptygma Berzerk...

For running I usually listen to the State of Trance Episode 200 by Armin Van Buuren...although lately I've been looking for other good running tunes.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

For running I usually listen to the State of Trance Episode 200 by Armin Van Buuren...although lately I've been looking for other good running tunes.

Love ASOT!! Now I'm gonna have to play episode 200 for my commute home today :-)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Love ASOT!! Now I'm gonna have to play episode 200 for my commute home today :-)

When I first started running I would always listen to Infected Mushroom's album "Classical Mushroom" but it doesn't give me the same oomph that it used to. I listen to ASOT basically every time I run now. But I really want to make a new playlist.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

When I first started running I would always listen to Infected Mushroom's album "Classical Mushroom" but it doesn't give me the same oomph that it used to. I listen to ASOT basically every time I run now. But I really want to make a new playlist.

I actually have a few Trance and EDM playlists. One is nothing but vocal trance, another contains my favorite picks out of the top 100 of the Top 1000 Trance Songs for 2010, and yet another is just a nice blend of trance, progressive, and maybe just a bit of house.

Outside of EDM, I'll listen to some NIN, Nightwish, and a mostly 90's Alternative playlist I put together.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*