I've found that what helps me is actually planning for the week.  Sure, it takes about an hour or so on Saturday or Sunday of planning, but totally worth it.

And in the supporting roll are ready-made snacks that fit in with your eating plan.  For example, I keep a big box full of individual sizes of peanuts in my drawer at work, and a box of Atkins protein bars.  At home I got string cheese, more nuts, and a couple other things, just waiting to grab.  This is all with 3 kids and my gf in the house, all of which don't eat the way I do.

The key is having stuff that you can eat, where you can just open it and start munching, no prep required.  Otherwise, the easy junk foods that are prepared the same way (quick & easy) will look even more appetizing for their simplicity.

• Like 1

Now that life is back on schedule I hit the gym.

I

Endurance: walked two miles since it was weight day.

Lifting: I hit 90 lbs on my dead lift!! Yay

flexibility: 30 minute yoga, I am SO close to having my heals on the floor during downward dog.

Side note: my husband has started stretching at night, just don't call it yoga. Lol

Endurance ran 1 mile and walked quarter mile warm up and cool down.

Flexibility yoga for 30 minutes

Quick question. I am training to run in an obstacle course race. Would it be easier to run/walk the full distance each time and run as much as I can with intermittent walking or run as far as I can and slowly build up? Thoughts, past experience?

"Bouldering is super fun, although I still try to con people into top-roping with me as often as possible."

Lol,I enjoy top roping too! The nice thing with bouldering us that you don't have to wait in line for a belayer(is that how you spell it?). Any who keep trying, I'm actually scared of heights but got talked into it a couple time before I liked it. The first time I top roped it took me a full minute to convince myself to let go of the wall and grab the rope.

Sooo, today was endurance day. Can I just say that running and I have a live hate relationship. I hate doing it but enjoy it afterwards. I tried walking and running the full distance and had good results. Listening to music definitely helped. Because this is a nerd sight I feel like I can admit this. Every time I complete a lap I have a little number flash in my head(like the lap number in cart racing) then explode into a bunch of little stars. It's my way of giving myself a cheer for the good work.

Goofy but it works.

Endurance:run 1.2 miles; walked the same distance afterwards.

Flexibility:15 minutes of yoga(I can reach around my foot on half monkey now! Woot woot)

• Like 1

Sorry I've been absent last couple of days. To make a summary of it I have been doing a lot of soul searching and realizing that I have a lot of emotional issues with weight loss and with fitness that I've been having to deal with. I realize that I have to do this for myself and not be afraid of succeeding and letting people raise your expectations of me without feeling fear of letting them down.

Well the cat fell on her feet.

Well I got back in the swing of things today. I did some weight lifting and a circuit today and had a startling discovery.

I have been deadlifting 100lbs(yay) and squatting 65 lbs(boo) well today I loaded up my squats on a different rack then I normally use and while it felt heavier than normal but I thought it might be because I hadn't done squats in awhile. After the first set I realized it was because this wasn't on a track so I was lifting an extra 40 lbs.! It was a struggle with the last set but I made it through lifting 105lbs! So in summery,

Strength:3x10 on 100lb dead lift and 105lb squats

Flexibility: 15 min yoga