Super Mario Assassin All-Stars: LEVEL 4

starsapart

Last night, I made these tacos for dinner, with a few modifications...

1. Replaced corn tortillas with flour
  2. Not a fan of iceberg lettuce, so subbed in shredded cabbage
  3. No hot sauce in the house, so I used some cayenne in the marinade instead
  4. Used the broiler instead of the grill

The result:

2015-11-252010.09.55_zpsanyboa3g.jpg

Very tasty tacos!  Might have been better with sweeter oranges (these were a bit tart, probably because of where we are in the season) and a bit more spice in the marinade.... next time, adding a bit of cumin and more cayenne.  Still, nom nom nom!  The pork came out super tender and juicy, and I gobbled up these little tacos with great joy.

Thanks again for helping me when I'm hurt, Yoshi!!!!!!

• Like 6

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Also: thanks, everyone, for the wishes for speedy recovery!  I want to believe good nerd vibes are helping me out.  :redface:

I'm still pretty miserable, but the doctor made me super happy by saying I don't need surgery, so I should be back up and being my usual crazy self by the new year.  Keep sending healthy vibes my way, okay?  The next few weeks are really going to hurt.  :hurt:

• Like 12

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

This is where DWK does another 10 min wall sit right?

You could always out-sit her ;) Also, these are cumulative, I think

So very tempted. Soooo tempted. HMMMMMM but I am doing so much leggy dance stuff right now. THE STRUGGLE IS REAL! 

I'm also tempted to see if I can plank for an entire 400 seconds in a row.

OH OH maybe I should do a 400 second wall sit AND a 400 second plank?!  I do have a 3 day break before my next rehearsal :D! PLOTTING YA'LL!

• Like 2

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

So very tempted. Soooo tempted. HMMMMMM but I am doing so much leggy dance stuff right now. THE STRUGGLE IS REAL! 

I'm also tempted to see if I can plank for an entire 400 seconds in a row.

OH OH maybe I should do a 400 second wall sit AND a 400 second plank?!  I do have a 3 day break before my next rehearsal :D! PLOTTING YA'LL!

Video or it didn't happen! :P

• Like 2

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

tumblr_nyj3c8BOLw1uadjrpo1_1280.jpg

Empty a 12-ounce bag of fresh or frozen cranberries into a saucepan and transfer ½ cup to a small bowl. Add 1 cup sugar, 1 strip orange or lemon zest and 2 tablespoons water to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and cook until the cranberries burst, about 12 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the reserved cranberries. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste and cool to room temperature before serving

*I also added a splash of pure orange juice. 

My Review: Great! While it was ok with the turkey it was GREAT with ice cream.

Taste Tester: "It's good" as he helped himself to heaping second and third portions during dinner.

• Like 6

Fayrn

Mermaid Assassin Lv 7

| STR 9.75 | DEX 10.5 | STA 13.5 | CON 15 | WIS 11.75 | CHA 14.25 |

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: {1st}{2nd}{3rd}{4th}{5th}{6th}

Character Profile

Books Read

20.94%

20.94%

Money Saved

25%

25%

Oh no!  My mouth is watering.  That looks .... awesome!!!!

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

LEVEL COMPLETE!

047f458434.jpg

Results:

• 1st place with 14 level completions: Pink Team - 100 points!

• 2nd place with 11 level completions: Red Team - 75 points!

• 3rd place with 10 level completions: Blue Team - 50 points!

• 4th place with 8 level completions: Green Team - 50 points!

BONUS ITEM!

giphy.gif

In addition, the following 3 top performers have managed to find a Cape Feather!

1. Zeroh13 - 1660 seconds

2. Plitog - 1620 seconds

3. Grayspeed - 1610 seconds

The Cape Feather is an item that can be carried over into Level 5.  If you have a Cape Feather, you can fly!  Check out Level 5 instructions to see how to use your item.  If you do not want to use your item, it may be given to ONE team member of your choice.  At the end of Level 5, your item expires, so please make sure to use it wisely to ease your path OR help a struggling teammate!

On to Level 5...

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

mushroom food

yoshi challenge for me!

Shitake mushroom and assorted meat hot pot.

It was my first time trying to hot pot at home and it was without a doubt a miserable failure lol.

Had the broth boiling fine, added the food stuffs (boy choy, shittake mushrooms which take forever to cook, sliced chicken, slided beef, little shrimp, and for some godforsaken reason I even tried tofu)

No one ended up poisoned but it tasted like boiled leather and the tofu was disgusting. The only ingredient I ended up liking was ironically the mushrooms.

I think I'll leave hot pot food prep to someone who knows how to do it properly. Googling a how to guide wasn't enough for me to pull this off successfully.

Also, I nearly forgot to take a picture of it at all and thus the shitty quality pic you get to see. But at least my little serving bowls are cute right?

• Like 2

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Everyone has a recipe fail sometimes.  I tried okonomiyaki from scratch a few weeks ago and had to throw out the results, I WAS SO MAD.  But you did it and that's what matters. :)  Nice work!

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

I bet hot pot could be a challenging thing to get down right the first time (and okonomiyaki...I've failed those too. Wheeeee.) I'm glad the mushrooms were at least edible!! Kitchen fails are a learning experience or something.... >.<

(Also, I think this should actually go in the level 5 thread!!)

• Like 2

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Everyone has a recipe fail sometimes.  I tried okonomiyaki from scratch a few weeks ago and had to throw out the results, I WAS SO MAD.  But you did it and that's what matters. :)  Nice work!

Oh yes, there have been a few times I've tried a new recipe and the husband will come home to me saying 'we're ording pizza'. He knows better than to question the smell of something burnt/fouled in some way.

I bet hot pot could be a challenging thing to get down right the first time (and okonomiyaki...I've failed those too. Wheeeee.) I'm glad the mushrooms were at least edible!! Kitchen fails are a learning experience or something.... >.<

(Also, I think this should actually go in the level 5 thread!!)

You are quite right, I didn't even think about that. OOPS :P

• Like 2