Moodybeth's sight is on Everest

I did a challenge earlier in the year but got side-railed early in the second and haven't been back here.

Thanksgiving is over, my joints ache and I'm wearing elastic pants.  It's time.

I met Sir Edmund Hillary when I was little and his stories started me on a life long fascination with the mountain.  In order to climb the mountain, one needs to be in peak health.  So, I've decided to begin to train as though I'd someday climb.

The first phase, which will take as long as it takes - is to get fit enough to get to base camp.  The end goal of  this phase is to be able to move briskly for a minimum of 45 minutes wearing a 40 pound back pack, loaded with water weight.   Enough flexibility get up from the floor 10 times in a row in under a minute.  Back, leg, and arm strength to lift and carry 100 pounds.

The first 30 days is focusing on the building the exercise habit - I'm using the Body-for-Life model from the 90's:  Lower Body resistance one day, Cardio the next, then upper body and repeat.  Resistance  training is broken down according my physical state-

Lower body- I have had two total knee replacements and need gym equipment to  keep my quads strong.

Upper body - extensive shoulder surgery in Feb have my right are and shoulder as weak as a toddler, I need to follow a prescribed workout at home.

Cardio - I can't run or stair-climb so it's the bike and elliptical.  According to Bill Phillip's Back to Fit program, 25 minutes three times a week is enough to get started, as long as I use the HIIT method.

Flexibilty - two knee replacements, 7 shoulder surgerines and the verious recoveries have me stiff and sore, yoga is a necessity- on cardio days in the evening to facilitate good sleeping habits.

I have the gym membership, I have the home equipment, and now what I need is the consistancy===

Novmeber 30 it begins.

2/30

Day two of the whole 30, my head pounds.  Last time I did the Whole 30, I had been off sugar for a month, this time Thanksgiving pies, cakes, NYC Junior;s Cheesecake, diet soda, Starbucks Sweetened Holiday Coffee's to keep me going-  everything bad.  My head aches, my eye's are sleepy, energy wiped.  That said, I got up early did my chores and did cardio on a stationary bike.  

I found a picture of a 55 year old woman who went from flabby to fit.. I'm trying to visualize her as me morning and night.

Motivational Quote of the Day:  Don't wish for it, work for it.

3/30

Lowerbody.  Did the PT routine for my legs too.   I want to move away from the physical therapy format, but it works and getting my legs strong and my shoulder moving.  I just rearranged the exercises to fit Bill Phillips Body for Life program.

Cravings are subsiding but I still feel like I'm moving underwater.

9/30

One of my friends runs a goal workshop.  She teaches people how to make goals that they can meet.  While she was talking through a new class idea, she told me about working on goals via feelings.  Not to set the goal based on anything other that what  you want to feel when you achieve it.   I thought that that was a brilliant idea and tried it out on this.  I've been want to get strong and trim.  I've been setting measurable goals, sometimes achieving sometime failing, but what I want more than to be strong and trim is to feel in control of something. 

As my body is getting stronger my workouts are getting harder.  Today's lower body w/o was great... and I'm hurting.  But happy.

Motivational Quote of the day; Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. 

-Ralph Waldo Emerson