Hey team! 

I'm Andrew, I'm 22, and I used to be pretty fit. A few years ago I moved out of my parents' house, had a break down, and have gained a steady ten or so pounds a year since then. I weighed myself recently and the scale put me at 188.8 pounds. In that moment I very, very suddenly found myself motivated to get back on track. My mom has been a yo-yo dieter for years, so I did a bunch of them with her (Atkins was the worst, good god) but never had any real results. 

I've been following NF's posts for ages and had always meant to do one of the challenges, but never really got around to it. Now though, for the first time in almost five years, I have access to a gym that I like (at my college) and better yet, it's always empty in the mornings. 

To fitness! 

Ultimately I want to clock in between 140 and 150, and be mostly functional muscle. My class of choice would be Monk or Assassin. 

I joined this forum for accountability. I would really love to make some friends in the downtown Toronto area for some group workouts. It's so hard to get motivated alone. :)

• Like 1

Level II Halfling Assassin

| 23 | 5'4" | 178 lbs |

| Pushups: 30 | 2 kM Row: 11 minutes |

GOALS

| No more than 1 cheat meal in a row for 10 days straight 1/10 | Maintain 11 minute 2k row | 35 pushups |

30 DAYS NO EXCUSES

Alright, my first big goal is to get back down to 170. I'm starting with the Darebee Foundations workout, to rebuild some stabilizer muscles in my knees (had an incident involving being so startled by an alarm at work that I fell down a flight of stairs, whoops, but that is a story for another time). Giving myself a little leeway for the upcoming holidays but come January, I'm so ready!

| 23 | 5'4" | 178 lbs |

GOALS

| No more than 1 cheat meal in a row for 10 days straight 1/10 | Maintain 11 minute 2k row | 35 pushups |

30 DAYS NO EXCUSES

Alright, my first big goal is to get back down to 170. I'm starting with the Darebee Foundations workout, to rebuild some stabilizer muscles in my knees (had an incident involving being so startled by an alarm at work that I fell down a flight of stairs, whoops, but that is a story for another time). Giving myself a little leeway for the upcoming holidays but come January, I'm so ready!

I kinda want the story behind this. It sounds like something I'd do.

But good job on small goals, that's how I'm handling it :) Can you link me to that workout? I could use some knee workouts, I kinda killed mine by doing bad form squats with 75-80lbs of weight on my shoulders and killed them. Right now I'm trying to get my knees right so that eventually I can get back to deadlifting (I can bodyweight squat fine now that I'm doing it properly)

Hey team! 

I'm Andrew, I'm 22, and I used to be pretty fit. A few years ago I moved out of my parents' house, had a break down, and have gained a steady ten or so pounds a year since then. I weighed myself recently and the scale put me at 188.8 pounds. In that moment I very, very suddenly found myself motivated to get back on track. My mom has been a yo-yo dieter for years, so I did a bunch of them with her (Atkins was the worst, good god) but never had any real results. 

I've been following NF's posts for ages and had always meant to do one of the challenges, but never really got around to it. Now though, for the first time in almost five years, I have access to a gym that I like (at my college) and better yet, it's always empty in the mornings. 

To fitness! 

Ultimately I want to clock in between 140 and 150, and be mostly functional muscle. My class of choice would be Monk or Assassin. 

I joined this forum for accountability. I would really love to make some friends in the downtown Toronto area for some group workouts. It's so hard to get motivated alone. :)

Accountability is super important- it's helped me so much being on the forums here. I've never stuck with this for so long. 

And I've heard horrible things about Atkins. My mom and dad tried it and tell horror stories.

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

@Emma - Thanks for the message! Yoga is something I used to do a lot, but it never really vibed with me. I know it works for a lot of people, though!!! I'm glad it's something you like! 

@Jedi - So, uh, the story about my knees goes like this: 

I didn't have keys to the front door of the store I worked at, only the back because of some bizarre mixup when I got my keys. The store itself is shaped like a bowling alley, and once a door is opened you have a bout a minute to get to the front where the general burglar alarm is and disable it. Super simple, I'd done it a boatload of times. Whatever. So this particular day I was running late due to construction on my transit route, I'm panicking, I book it into work, and in the back room there's a safe that APPARENTLY has its own separate alarm. I drop my bag beside it, it touches the safe, suddenly everything is yelling. The alarm for that is approximately nine million times louder than the regular alarm. The only way to turn off that shrieking demon box is to get to the front of the store, which is down a flight of stairs. I get to the top of the stairs, the alarm pauses for half a second, I take a step, the alarm doubles in volume, and in terror/skipping breakfast I proceed to feel my knees buckle and I tumble down ten stairs and finish on a ceramic tile floor. I'm sure the security guard got a kick out of that one. I limp across the store, get the alarm turned off, and take a hot second to, I don't know, start breathing again. My boss at head office calls to ask what was up with the safe alarm going off. He's super pissed. And all this could have been avoided if I just had a front door key.

| 23 | 5'4" | 178 lbs |

GOALS

30 DAYS NO EXCUSES

Yikes, that sounds awful :/

Sent from my phone so please excuse the autocorrect errors

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

(Atkins was the worst, good god)

Oh I remember eating a chicken breast for breakfast with a slice of cheese and a small oj and hating my life.  Welcome. :P

My class of choice would be Monk or Assassin

What is your reasoning for this?  Bodyweight mastery or martial arts enthusiast?

Hey! As far as class, I used to box a little so I would love to get back into that. I've also always been fascinated by parkour as a concept and it would be SO NEAT to be strong enough to do some of that!!!

And Atkins, oh lord, my mom was really into it and packed my work lunches, and at the time I was working maintenance for a campground so I blacked out a handful of times. Fricken WOOOOORST. 

| 23 | 5'4" | 178 lbs |

GOALS

30 DAYS NO EXCUSES