Considering buying Nerd Fitness Academy - your thoughts please

erawka

I googled around and got a sense of reviews from non-Rebellion members, but I want a sense of what Nerds think about the program before I buy. I've also read the old threads of this nature, and they're not tremendously detailed and several came out when Nerd Fitness Academy was brand new. Now that it has had a chance to grow up a little and work out the bugs, what do folks think?

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

Nerd Fitness Academy. Will edit for clarity! Neither of those other NFAs are really that appealing to me, as I suspect the National Futures Association is probably more investment related than speculative fiction related.

• Like 1

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

I'm pretty sure Steve will not sell you his academy ;)

As for getting a membership: I did take a look and I like it. Actually I don't use it because I prefer a different approach on my goal settin.

It is a great way to get started with fitness or to follow a path in a challenge/XP way.

What do you want to achieve? 

How do you want to?

Do you like finishing small tasks and get rewarded with XP and leveling up?

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

I'm pretty sure Steve will not sell you his academy ;)

As for getting a membership: I did take a look and I like it. Actually I don't use it because I prefer a different approach on my goal settin.

It is a great way to get started with fitness or to follow a path in a challenge/XP way.

What do you want to achieve? 

How do you want to?

Do you like finishing small tasks and get rewarded with XP and leveling up?

Listen. I'm a VERY important software tycoon, and I have LOTS of money and power. I'll make Steve an offer he can't refuse!

Meanwhile, back in reality, I've enjoyed the forums for a number of years now, but I have a hard time sustaining goals and momentum. I have a pretty scattershot approach to fitness, and I tend to program-hop. I'd like to find something that contains enough of a trajectory that I will see some results from doing what I'm told with enough variation that I'll stay interested.

Really, I've budgeted for it, and I'm just pausing before taking the plunge. I do think I'd respond well to checking off boxes and gaining points for small tasks. I love a good checklist IRL.

Battle Log

I just signed up today so i don't have anything to say about long term usefulness. However so far i'm pretty excited.

In the past i've tried several different methodes to get in shape but always quit after a very short time. This looks promissing though. I like the quests, they start nice and small and get harder the further along you go. Also, they really encourage you to start super small, i tend to get really enthousiastic and then quit because it's too much. This way i'm hoping i'll stick to it.

I like that you can choose a class, and the quests are divided into classes.

You start of with the basics on mindset, nutrition and fitness so you get a good view of where you are now.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

I think Nerd Fitness Academy is an actual fitness camp, you pay to go there but you cant buy the place. I don't know all what it is about...etc but I believe that is the basics.  

Listen. I'm a VERY important software tycoon, and I have LOTS of money and power. I'll make Steve an offer he can't refuse!

Meanwhile, back in reality, I've enjoyed the forums for a number of years now, but I have a hard time sustaining goals and momentum. I have a pretty scattershot approach to fitness, and I tend to program-hop. I'd like to find something that contains enough of a trajectory that I will see some results from doing what I'm told with enough variation that I'll stay interested.

Really, I've budgeted for it, and I'm just pausing before taking the plunge. I do think I'd respond well to checking off boxes and gaining points for small tasks. I love a good checklist IRL.