Out of Free Regenerations, Now Time to Start Over

I have been in the middle of a weight loss war with myself for years. Of course, this never happened to me when I was a teenager, taking karate. I looked amazing throughout college. My first full time job, however, I sat at a desk for 10-12 hours every day, and I could practically see my butt increasing in size. 

Now, it's 13 years since I had that first job. I've had a child (6 years ago), and I never really lost my "baby weight." I went through a messy divorce (then again, what divorce isn't messy?), and got depressed. I gained a lot of weight and got up to my heaviest ever. I did manage to lose most of that, but gained half of what I'd lost back. 

Now, I'm working a nursing job again which keeps me mostly active. It's time to start this journey over again. Here's what I'm working with: 

Height: 5' 0"

Weight: 158 lbs

Waist: 34"

Hip: 40" 

Chest: 41"

Weaknesses: 

- When I get pizza, I tend to overeat

- I love ice cream

- I often skip breakfast

- I lose motivation if I skip even one day at the gym or exercising at home

Strengths: 

- When I stick to my regimen, weight comes off fairly quickly

- I don't eat a ton of junk food

- I live alone so when I cook, I tend to put most of my meals in containers immediately, so that helps with portion control

- I don't have major health issues

- I have a gym membership I'm already paying for

I have a considerable amount of muscle from years of martial arts, playing tennis, hiking, and running. Despite the BMI Scale saying I'm obese, I don't LOOK obese. I look overweight. My goal is to incorporate some form of exercise into every day so I don't lose motivation. I am going to start leaving gym clothes in the car so when I get out of work, I have no excuse not to go straight to the gym. Overall, I want to see my ab muscles again someday, so I need to lose enough weight to do so. 

DireWolfCurse

Don't think about it, just DO it.

My Challenge  Battle Log  My Epic Quest

I have been in the middle of a weight loss war with myself for years. Of course, this never happened to me when I was a teenager, taking karate. I looked amazing throughout college. My first full time job, however, I sat at a desk for 10-12 hours every day, and I could practically see my butt increasing in size. 

Now, it's 13 years since I had that first job. I've had a child (6 years ago), and I never really lost my "baby weight." I went through a messy divorce (then again, what divorce isn't messy?), and got depressed. I gained a lot of weight and got up to my heaviest ever. I did manage to lose most of that, but gained half of what I'd lost back. 

Now, I'm working a nursing job again which keeps me mostly active. It's time to start this journey over again. Here's what I'm working with: 

Height: 5' 0"

Weight: 158 lbs

Waist: 34"

Hip: 40" 

Chest: 41"

Weaknesses: 

- When I get pizza, I tend to overeat

- I love ice cream

- I often skip breakfast

- I lose motivation if I skip even one day at the gym or exercising at home

Strengths: 

- When I stick to my regimen, weight comes off fairly quickly

- I don't eat a ton of junk food

- I live alone so when I cook, I tend to put most of my meals in containers immediately, so that helps with portion control

- I don't have major health issues

- I have a gym membership I'm already paying for

I have a considerable amount of muscle from years of martial arts, playing tennis, hiking, and running. Despite the BMI Scale saying I'm obese, I don't LOOK obese. I look overweight. My goal is to incorporate some form of exercise into every day so I don't lose motivation. I am going to start leaving gym clothes in the car so when I get out of work, I have no excuse not to go straight to the gym. Overall, I want to see my ab muscles again someday, so I need to lose enough weight to do so. 

First and foremost- the BMI scale is a bit of a liar. the important part is how you feel and what you're doing :) I don't look as overweight as my numbers say I am either unless I'm around the ladies in my family (my mom is almost scary tiny and my sister is a gymnast). 

About the pizza- perhaps instead of buying pizza, you could make yourself a personal pizza. Removing some of the overeating, plus your pizza is a bit healthier! (you could get store bought ingredients, just put it together yourself and make it small!)

Ice cream- perhaps limit the amount of times/ month you buy it? Maybe only have it if you have to walk to get it? (Like walking to an ice cream shop and getting some and walking back- biking would work too)

Skipping breakfast- I used to do this all the time... Try pre making breakfast things and just grabbing them as you leave! Lack of pre-prep helps a lot. 

Working out all the time- This can cause a lot of muscular fatigue... Maybe try to do yoga or stretching on days that you're not doing hard-core workouts? Or go for a walk? It will keep you moving and feel like exercise, but you won't be over fatiguing yourself to the point that your muscles won't build. 

Good luck! 

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63