A wee bit of an intro

First time caller, first time listener...

Actually found this site from a recommendation on R/Fitness over at Reddit. Gladly, I clicked the link. Nerd? Check. Fitness? Check. Good.

The skinny of it all: (haha, pun intended)

I weighed a very upsetting 255lbs back in 2004. After the dr. told me I was in danger of high cholesterol, and potential heart issues, I went on a mad five-year exercise binge. I got in very, very good shape, running half marathons, respectable deadlifts and squats, and even took my PT cert (which proved nothing, I know). Point is, I was in excellent shape in 2009, weighing around 170lbs and 10% BF.  

And then... kids... (God love em more than anything, mind you).

Many, many excuses later, I've let stuff go a bit--well, a lot. I'm not at the 255 I was at before, but I'm definitely north of 200, and closing in on 220. I've tried several times to get back on track, but what's different this time is that I have a partner to do it with--my wife!

We are planning on building a home fitness studio in our garage with the following to start:

- power rack

- adjustable bench

- olympic BB and DBs

- BOSU ball (already have it)

- treadmill (already have club quality one--it's done very well as a makeshift clohtesline in my basement)

- stereo and wall mounted tv (already have it)

In time we'll add a bit. The sad thing is, I had all of the above a few years back but convinced myself that it took up too much room so I sold it. Ugh.

Anyway, glad to be among other nerds, esp those Tolkienites.

Cheers, 

Mike

You've got this!

It's so much easier when you've got someone to come with you. I'm at school doing it mostly alone, but when I go home for break, I'm going to be meeting my bf at his apartment, running to the YMCA, working out, and running back. So yeah, I'm doing some running.

Good luck!

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63