Instead of challenges I'm switching to this method for a bit. That way I can have some kind of accountability and still be part of the forums. I have a respawn post I made if u want a back story.

So let's just jump right in.

Today I had coffee, heavy cream but no sugar. Keeping sugar out of my coffee is ONE good thing I have stuck with.

As a hungry as I am now, I am fighting the urge for fast food and just eat the healthier lunch I brought.

And I had a delicious breakfast of pecans, banana, and cottage cheese. Better than the sausage and biscuit I've been craving.

A few good things today. :)

• Like 2

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

Great start! Focusing on food can help even if you can't work out right now. 

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

A few good things is all you need. Food is the foundation for everything, so huge props for starting there. 

When I struggle with work hunger and the decision to get fast food or eat the lunch I brought, I usually take myself through the pros and cons of the situation. If I left, I would lose my parking spot and use up my food budget on food that will ultimately give me a stomach ache. Losing my parking space isn't TOO terrible. I mean, walking is GOOD, but I park on the side of the road, not a parking lot. I feel awful taking up space in front of people's houses down the way. 

It's hard some days, especially when you're hungry. I usually try to keep healthy snacks on hand and drink water to combat the hunger from striking so hard that I question the convenience of my packed lunch.

• Like 3

Yep, attitude is everything. And I have a crappy one. :(  Working on changing that because I am not happy right now. 

The weekend is always so chaotic trying to catch up with what I can't do throughout the week so I'm never on the internet as much. But sitting at my desk at work at least helps me track things better throughout  the week. 

So here is a good thing I did this weekend:

• Cooked meals at home instead of grabbing fast food (albeit they were not entirely healthy but I saved money and possibly several calories).

That's all I can remember lol. I ate several sweets tho. :( and overate at some meals. And my grocery cart wasn't full of healthy items either. My family tried paleo and it was miserable. So we kinda reverting back to what we know that does work. 

Baby steps.

I also wanted to work on some of my art pieces but the holidays are crazy busy. With a kid, a full time job, and a sick husband, I haven't had much time for anything else. :(  I think I need to work on some time management as well.

• Like 2

Ski is right, all you can do is take baby steps :) those are a great place to start!

Sent from my phone so please excuse the autocorrect errors

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

The weekend wasn't very good in terms of eating healthy. It was not good at all. And now....the Christmas co-worker cookies and sugary gifts are rolling in.  :hypnotysed: oh dear...

*WHINY ALERT*

Been depressed lately, too. Mental health is a very important issue with me as well. I struggle with it just as hard as I do with physical health. It also doesn't help that I am an emotional eater. I have been doing well taking my medication since Challenge 5 but I skipped a few days recently while they are being refilled. Right now having an internal battle on whether or not I am struggling with the typical depression obstacles or if I am just plain lazy. At this point, I think it is a little of both. All my life I push, and push, push myself to do what needs to be done.... then I crash and do nothing at all for a while. That applies to fitness & health too. Right now I am sitting at my desk looking at all that needs to be done...and usually I tell myself to just suck it up and do it. But I feel that I am at a point where I cannot push myself anymore and now I'm letting things fall thru the cracks. I never let that happen. Even making TO DO lists are not helpful anymore and prioritizing has become extremely difficult. 

All seriousness aside, my goofy husband tells me I need to get extremely smashed one weekend so I can give life a "hard reset" as he calls it. LOL. I am not a drinker, tho.

I ate 2 cookies since I started typing this. :( And I haven't even eaten my healthy breakfast yet.
  • Like 1

Sounds like your husband's intentions are good, but I would not use binge drinking as a reset. I would suggest, if you can, taking some time for yourself for a reset. Do something you'd really enjoy and give yourself a taste of some joy, something you know tends to make you feel better or smile. I find that tends to help me get back up and get things done without feeling like I'm stretching myself thin.

Don't worry about them cookies. You had some, they were tasty, now it's time for breakfast. :)

• Like 1

Sounds like your husband's intentions are good, but I would not use binge drinking as a reset. I would suggest, if you can, taking some time for yourself for a reset. Do something you'd really enjoy and give yourself a taste of some joy, something you know tends to make you feel better or smile. I find that tends to help me get back up and get things done without feeling like I'm stretching myself thin.

Don't worry about them cookies. You had some, they were tasty, now it's time for breakfast. :)

I did that on Saturday. I played the Sims 3 for 6 hours O.O  lol  I rarely get the chance to play. But I think it depressed me even more because time went by so fast I didn't realize it was already 2 in the afternoon! lol.

I am thinking maybe a day off to myself. That always gets me back on track. 

• Like 2

I am becoming more and more motivated each day just by doing a few good things here and there. In the chaos of the holidays, it's not easy. But I don't' want to wait by putting it off till later. I'll keep going on this path. 

Today I've started tracking my calories to see just how much I am eating. That always helps me get an overall picture to see where I can cut back. 

Breakfast, for the most part, has been healthier the past week or so. My fast food lunches have dropped a bit (mostly bc I am broke! lol). And now I'm trying to find my motivation to work out again. It's slow and I keep trying to convince myself that it is worth it. My mind keeps going back to all the times I have failed and it's weighing heavy against my motivation. But there were times I succeeded. My weight chart consists of drastic up and downs. I dunno. It's easier to see the fails more than the successes. 

45.gif

• Like 1

Yesterday I had no sweets and only a cup of soda! And feeling good these days. Feeling motivated to push a little further. :)  I've even been avoiding the chocolate gifts left on my desk. They are sitting here and I have no desire to eat them! Which is weird bc I always eat if it's in front of me. But hey, I'll take it as a win!

• Like 2

With a busy Christmas, child being sick, and then myself getting sick and down for almost an entire week, I think I can get back into a normal routine!

For some reason, I woke up with a good attitude. Why can't I do this everyday!? I would totally be successful at fitness if I didn't have a rivalry relationship with it.  

But anyway, I have a goal and motivation, now just need to make a plan. It's realistic and I am sure I can do it.  I haven't done any serious workouts in over a year since my back injury. A few walking sessions, but that sums it up. 

Because I am an emotional binge overeater with an eating addiction, tracking food is a necessity. That is one thing I have definitely learned. The whole, just eat Paleo and never track calories or food can't work for me. So back to my good ole reliable Livestrong My Plate calorie tracker. Now to just figure out how to jump into this. Do I ease into it or jump in all the way?

And for a workout plan.....gosh. It's gonna be difficult to find the time. Or what to do. So many things to consider. 

But this is what I will be working on this weekend, coming up with my new plan. :)

• Like 2

Try doing it a little piece at a time :)

Track your food until you get into the habit, then start adding in small additions of movement such as going for daily 10-20 minute walks, and then gradually up the intensity

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

I signed up for the NF Academy the other day. I intended to do just that if I was unable to go through challenges on my own. So far I am happy with my decision. :) 

I just went the the 1st few quests, and even braved the scale this morning. I was scared because of how much I have been eating.

But ya know what? ....it wasn't that bad :)

I thought it would be worse. I know the scale is not calibrated correctly and it shows weight less than the actual, but it still wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And it's a starting point. I won't make myself a slave to it as I have in the past. 

I just hope I can maintain and/or boost my mentality when things get really tough. :(

• Like 2

I am not an academy member, but I think it might help in your "mentality maintenance" just knowing that there are others working on the same quests alongside you?  

BTW: Looking forward to my new Redbubble greeting cards! Thank you for putting up more designs!

(Shipping stuff overseas can be a bit of a pain in the butt, but it works very well for the cards. :)

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

I am not an academy member, but I think it might help in your "mentality maintenance" just knowing that there are others working on the same quests alongside you?  

BTW: Looking forward to my new Redbubble greeting cards! Thank you for putting up more designs!

(Shipping stuff overseas can be a bit of a pain in the butt, but it works very well for the cards. :)

Yeah my attitude gets in the dumps about it then I can't seem to bring myself out of it. And so far I'm just a solo player in my quests, but it's helping me get things started for sure. 

I'm glad you liked the cards! :D I still need to stop by my Mom's and pick up the watercolor hearts. I should do that soon since it's almost valentine's day!