Yesterday's Calories

2,194 Consumed  - better than the day before!
sml_gallery_33581_1952_641.png

Bulletproof coffee is putting your healthy fats in your coffee; butter and coconut oil. We might be crazy. :tongue:

You're doing great on awareness! Good luck with your coffee quest; sounds tougher than the food quest. On the topic of bulletproof coffee, maybe try some flavored protein powder in there to sub for some creamers? It worked nicely when I made my tea that way.

OK I kept thinking about this all yesterday LOL  At first I was like, "Butter really?"  But the more I thought about it....that might be kinda interesting. :P   My heavy whipping cream has no sugar, 50 calories per serving, and I heard on the forums here that it is a good fat to add to your coffee. Not sure, but I like it LOL.

• Like 1

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

OK I kept thinking about this all yesterday LOL  At first I was like, "Butter really?"  But the more I thought about it....that might be kinda interesting. :tongue:   My heavy whipping cream has no sugar, 50 calories per serving, and I heard on the forums here that it is a good fat to add to your coffee. Not sure, but I like it LOL.

If you're not adverse to dairy, heavy whipping cream could work really well too (from what I've heard). 

• Like 1

Yesterday's Calories

2,042 Consumed - Was doing great till I had a weak moment in the evening that set me 300 calories over.

sml_gallery_33581_1952_5822.png

Caffeine reset progress: Today I was supposed to drop to just one cup instead of 2, but I couldn't do it >.< Instead of taking a whole second cup, I took only half. :) Still progress!

Another 5 minute walk early this morning. Took my bigger doggie this time, a 100 lb Chocolate Lab. She is so difficult to walk. :s But the morning had a foggy creepiness to it. Always reminds me of Silent Hill or other survival horror games. :) Always sets me in the mood to watch or play them. 3 cars passed me this morning and I felt awkward. :S Anxiety sucks. 

Upcoming plans: The next 2 days I will be traveling (HOCKEY GAME NIGHT! WOOT!). I will continue to track my food, take my trusty refillable water bottle, and plan to take another 5 min walk tomorrow morning at the place I will be staying. I also plan to keep with my caffeine and water goals, as well as choose a healthier breakfast option on Friday (I'm thinking veggie omelet...mmmmm).

On Saturday, I will plan to plan! Going to review my food logs, remind myself of my goals, and will figure out how to make some small changes. Once that is done, I will work on implementing them. :)

• Like 3

Congrats on sticking to the walks - even if they feel creepy... I'd hope that your dogs would keep you safe? 

Good progress with the caffeine reset - you reduced your total by 25%. That's not bad at all! :) 

Making plans is always good (and so is veggie omelet)! :encouragement:

Have fun at Hockey Game Night! :cheerful: 

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

If you're not adverse to dairy, heavy whipping cream could work really well too (from what I've heard). 

I do heavy cream in my coffee when I make it at home. It's heavenly, gives the coffee an awesome smoothness. I do like the taste of bulletproof coffee, but I don't have it very often because I do better with actual food for breakfast. Also, if you try bulletproof coffee, be a little weary of jumping straight in. All the fat in it tends to give me a bit of nausea for a while, I've heard that you can avoid that by easing into it, though.

• Like 2

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

I started a blog: The Cognitive Itch
"Even in these chains, you can't stop me"

Weight loss goal: Drop from 247 to 160

36%
36%

I do heavy cream in my coffee when I make it at home. It's heavenly, gives the coffee an awesome smoothness. I do like the taste of bulletproof coffee, but I don't have it very often because I do better with actual food for breakfast. Also, if you try bulletproof coffee, be a little weary of jumping straight in. All the fat in it tends to give me a bit of nausea for a while, I've heard that you can avoid that by easing into it, though.

Hi Maeghaan!

I am not sure I will try it, seems a bit much for me lol. I am perfectly content with my heavy whipping cream. xD 

• Like 1

Traveling and being busy, busy made it a bit more challenging but I did very well with my tracking with the exception of water on Friday. 

Thursday's Tally
2,389 Consumed - in which I did NOT drink soda or beer at the hockey game, just a bottle of water!

sml_gallery_33581_1952_4630.png

I did realize something tho. We arrived with plenty of time to spare before the game (bc my hubby couldn't contain his excitement I guess) so we just grabbed something at the arena. Ended up spending $50 on what is pretty much considered concession stand food!  :nightmare:  So 3 things:

• It was way expensive. 
  • I didn't even want the pizza I ate. 
  • I learned that I should eat before hand to save money and opt for something healthier or something I want to eat.

Friday's Tally
2,079 Consumed - better than the day before!
No water tracked but drank at least 3 glass that I am aware of. But I did follow through with my plan of an egg omelette with green peppers and onions.  AND AND AND...my husband and kiddo wanted pizza for dinner (again! ick!), but I opted to not eat it just bc it was there. I ate a grilled chicken breast and a ton of veggies instead! :D  I am really trying on not eating 2 unhealthy meals back to back. Or at least one healthy meal per day.

As for decreasing my coffee, I haven't been able to drop below 2 cups. :(  It. is. HARD. Plus I don't want to, lol. I need to remind myself that this is not a permanent thing and I am simply working on resetting a caffeine tolerance.

• Like 2

Yesterday's Calories: 2,809 Consumed

Wow that is just plain embarrassing. It didn't help that I decided to have a few adult beverages in the evening, which (none to surprised lol) led to poor food choices. Tis why I don't drink much. :tongue:

sml_gallery_33581_1952_5822.png

Dropping coffee isn't easy at all. This afternoon, the cravings were driving me to no end! Then I remembered I had some decaf tucked away. :tongue:  And for shiz and gizzles, I measured a tablespoon of heavy cream. To my surprise, it was a lot! I don't even use that much in my coffee so I was over-guesstimating it all this time! 

• Like 2

Walked extra today. Took the corgi around the block, which is double than what I have been doing, and then walked the lab a half block and nearly got swiped by a garbage truck. :o  Ok I may have exaggerated a bit, but it WAS coming right for me!

Yesterday's Calories 
Consumed - Still bad, but better than the day before.

5 glasses of water consumed (at least). Need to pick that up a bit more. 

This morning I started on making myself a healthier breakfast. Needs some work but I am satisfied with it. :) 

I also pulled a little trick on myself. I brewed my normal coffee but instead of 2 scoops of my regular, I substituted 1 scoop of the decaf. Half caff/half decaf. And I still had my normal 2 cups. Maybe this will help a little bit.

• Like 3

If you're trying to work more on caffiene than coffee, decaf is a great substitute :)

Sent from my phone so please excuse the autocorrect errors

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Sounds like you're making excellent progress! Doing something is always much better than doing nothing, and IKEA is huge, so big props for walking it more than once.

I did realize something tho. We arrived with plenty of time to spare before the game (bc my hubby couldn't contain his excitement I guess) so we just grabbed something at the arena. Ended up spending $50 on what is pretty much considered concession stand food!  :nightmare:  So 3 things:

• It was way expensive. 
  • I didn't even want the pizza I ate. 
  • I learned that I should eat before hand to save money and opt for something healthier or something I want to eat.

Most important sports arena lesson EVER.

• Like 2

Most important sports arena lesson EVER.

Right!?  I mean, I rarely bought stuff the last few times I went...maybe a large drink. My husband always bought the food and junk for himself and my kiddo. Occasionally for me. Maybe he is used to it but I'm not! LOL  I could have used that money for many other better things. Lesson definitely learned!

• Like 3

Right!?  I mean, I rarely bought stuff the last few times I went...maybe a large drink. My husband always bought the food and junk for himself and my kiddo. Occasionally for me. Maybe he is used to it but I'm not! LOL  I could have used that money for many other better things. Lesson definitely learned!

The learned lessons are the best ones :)

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

I hate it when I have a long post ready to go...then my laptop decides to be a jerk and I lose it all. 

But anyway, this is amazing!  Yesterday's Log:

1,601 Calories Consumed​​

Water: 6 glasses (48 oz)

Caffeine: Half caffeinated/half decaf. I blew it in the afternoon and had another cup, but I drank it black. O.O  And it was ok. I don't think I am doing too well with this challenge.

1600 is the set goal for daily calories on my tracker (just been that was because my BMR is slightly higher). I don't know how I got it so close the mark but I did! It wasn't easy tho. After dinner I was so stoked to have it so close the mark that I didn't want to ruin it, lol. I'll have to refer to that day more often

A note on dinner: My sister-in-law suggested halved bell peppers stuffed with taco meat. I can't believe I didn't think of that before because it was delicious! I've been wanting to find a substitute for tortilla shells and taco salads, and I love stuffed bell peppers but rarely get the chance to eat them, so it was perfect! A little bit of shredded cheese and salsa...oh man! I got a new go-to dinner!

• Like 3

Don't sweat your caffeine battle for now. You're making small changes here and there, so adding something new is gonna be tough. You're doing so well with everything else. :) 

A note on dinner: My sister-in-law suggested halved bell peppers stuffed with taco meat. I can't believe I didn't think of that before because it was delicious! I've been wanting to find a substitute for tortilla shells and taco salads, and I love stuffed bell peppers but rarely get the chance to eat them, so it was perfect! A little bit of shredded cheese and salsa...oh man! I got a new go-to dinner!

YUS!! I just came across the idea myself and cannot wait to try it out tonight for Taco Tuesday!!! I'm so hype right now. :D

• Like 3

Don't sweat your caffeine battle for now. You're making small changes here and there, so adding something new is gonna be tough. You're doing so well with everything else. :)

Yeah, that is what I am telling myself right now. If there is anything I can allow to slide for the time being is caffeine. I have already started to lessen my heavy cream and work my way to black coffee. That alone can save me 100 cals. 

YUS!! I just came across the idea myself and cannot wait to try it out tonight for Taco Tuesday!!! I'm so hype right now. :D

You have Taco Tuesdays, too!? :D  We usually do, but sometimes we make them other nights instead. *Then we make Lego Movie references*

I love to steam my bell peppers first. Usually in the microwave for a few minutes. If I have time, I will bake them in the oven with cheese for a bit. But yes! VERY thrilled with them!  

• Like 2

Yesterday's Calories

Consumed

Under 2000 again. :) Which at this point I believe I will set a limit at 2k per day. I really had to convince myself to not think, "Oh, I'm not over 2000, I can eat more!" And then busted. No, that is going to have to slow down. 

Water

6 glasses - Haven't been tracking too much because aside from my coffee, water is all I am drinking. I have only had one small had diet/half regular soda since I began tracking my water, which has been a few weeks now. :)

Walk this morning - Doubled it to 10 minutes. With both dogs, which is a challenge in itself, lol. Took me a little bit to get up and get motivated. Totally threw my inspiration out the window because I didn't rest well last night. :(

• Like 2

I also wanted to share this because, like the shooting star, it made me grin like a fool during my new morning "adventures."   :)   Been awhile since I've seen Scorpio (or that is what I was taught to call it growing up). Long time, no see old friend! 

med_gallery_33581_1663_4503.jpeg

When my family went camping when I was a kid, my dad would take a flashlight and show me all the constellations he learned as a kid himself. I love the stars and always wanted to discover as many constellations as I could. Sadly, I never went too in depth with it, but I am still fascinated by them. :) maybe I should start searching for more constellations on my morning walks. 

I am thinking of starting a Walk to Mordor/Adventure journal. Not sure where yet, but for now my NF gallery will do. :)
  • Like 2

Yesterday's Calories

1,567 Consumed

Whaaat!? SHUT UP! Haha!  Go me!     :)

I've noticed that since I switched to eggs in the morning instead of my usual greek yogurt, I am more satiated and haven't had any cravings for unhealthy sausage and biscuits. Also been looking into foods that keep you fuller longer. 

And (this is something I am proud of too) aside from the pizza at the hockey arena, I haven't stopped for fast food in a long while! Been eating what I have at home. 

Fluttershy-Yay-drop.gif

Still no sodas, either!

sml_gallery_33581_1952_4630.png

Sticking to the reg/decaf mix in the mornings. I didn't even finish my second cup this morning.

Intended on going on a 10 minute walk again this morning but took only 5. I had bronchitis earlier this month and I have yet to fully recover. This morning it felt like my bronchial tubes were clenching so I cut my walk in half. Still did it, just halved it. 

• Like 2

You have Taco Tuesdays, too!? :D  We usually do, but sometimes we make them other nights instead. *Then we make Lego Movie references*

I love to steam my bell peppers first. Usually in the microwave for a few minutes. If I have time, I will bake them in the oven with cheese for a bit. But yes! VERY thrilled with them!

Absolutely! Along with LEGO movie references! Though, I didn't get to make them on Tuesday, so I tried them on Wednesday. It. Is. AWESOME! Taco Tuesdays are BACK!!!

I've noticed that since I switched to eggs in the morning instead of my usual greek yogurt, I am more satiated and haven't had any cravings for unhealthy sausage and biscuits. Also been looking into foods that keep you fuller longer. 

And (this is something I am proud of too) aside from the pizza at the hockey arena, I haven't stopped for fast food in a long while! Been eating what I have at home. 

Still no sodas, either!

This is much awesome news development! You are really making some big progress here. Keep on goin' strong!! :D

• Like 1