I was in rut and I decided to change my body and outlook on life a little over 2 years ago. I've always been a go-getter but I got complacent and down-right boring (not to mention overweight).  I've always loved and admired bad-A heroines---starting with Scout in Charlotte's Web (she is a little known bad-A) to Michonne from the Walking Dead, Vin in Mistborn, Katniss, Arya.  The list could go on and on.  So naturally I've always wanted to be physically strong, so I chose strength training for my transformation.  I didn't know where to start so I starting researching.  I found a great book at the library (a real book with paper *gasp*) called Strength for Life.  That gave me the basics of strength training---push vs. pull muscles and a weekly routine.  But my attention span is the equivalent of a squirrel's so I really needed motivation and some goals.  I decided that I wanted to do a pull-up.  I was always that kid that just hung on the bar when we had those fitness tests in grade school.  I couldn't fathom pulling my ENTIRE bodyweight up by my arms.  I also wanted to show my kids how to set a goal and achieve it.  Back to my research, I came across "How to do a pull-up finally!" here on this seemingly nondescript yet awesome website.  By nondescript, I mean all of the other websites had these gorgeous "fitness models" who (IMO) had no idea what it was like to birth 3 kids, gain a preposterous amount of weight, and try to lose it ALL while trying to have a life---that's obviously not NF.   I'm not knocking gorgeous fitness models but at that time, I wasn't trying to hear how I can get my "bod" back in 3 weeks.  I don't like gimmicks.  Actually I hate gimmicks. I like step-by-step real, proven plans with real goals that real people have used.  Believe it or not them internets don't always tell the truth.  So I found this site and I was HOOKED.  This site and Steve's fantastic blogs helped keep me motivated and I killed my goals---like murder/death/kill killed.  I can do 7 pull-ups now.  My PR is 10.  I lost 40 pounds, dropped by body fat percentage by like 15-18%, I started my own consulting company, and most importantly, I showed my kids that goals are reachable in areas other than Call of Duty.  My son used 20 seconds of insane courage to dunk the basketball for the first time.  Unfortunately, I've been silent here on Nerd Fitness forums.  My apologies.  I'm sure I'm not alone in silently supporting the rebellion. But this is me taking off my cloak and openly declaring myself a Rebel (specifically a Warrior/Assassin).  What's good?

• Like 2