Welcome to Alias investigations!

This is my battle log/journal to help me keep accountable, plot out my long term goals and so I can be in a better place for the when the time comes to start my first challenge.

Client information Day Zero

Name: Jess

Physical appearance
Weight: 100.7 KG
Height: 5'4.5"
Body build: Pear

BF% 53.3

Body Water% 34.5%

BMI 37.4

Goals

Drives and motivations: 

I'm sick of being fat. I feel uncomfortable in my skin. Its like I feel myself getting fatter. I'm getting a belly sag. I feel tired all the time, to the point that its disrupting my school work. It needs to stop.
Immediate goals: 

Log all food daily on this blog. Stop buying Coffee whilst I'm out. Stop eating sweets after dinner. Ban the chocolate.
Long term goals: 

Lose weight to a healthy range. Start exercising three times a week. Start Yoga classes after Christmas. Feel better in my body and about myself.
Plans to accomplish these goals: 

Battle log: Alias Investigations

Current Challenge Case 2

Study Hall

Day Zero.

I bought scales today. For both the kitchen and myself. I'm hoping to get on top of my portion control. I was really shocked when I stepped on the scales today though. I'm 100.7 kg, that's 15 stone. this means I've put on almost a stone since I last saw the doctor three weeks ago. The scales have a body fat % calculator as well I'm not sure of its accuracy but it says that more than half of me is fat. 

I ate Mac Donald's today. I didn't want it. I ate it to punish myself. I wanted that meal to be the last crap that I put into my body and I want the memory of how bad it made me feel to be burned into my memory, so I can think back on it and use it to help me for the bad times that come.

I sat down and worked out my BMR and recommended calorie intake the calculators suggested between 1728 and 1776. and my TDE is between 2073 and  2130 I've decided to go with a 20% calorie reduction would give me about 1700 calories a day. I've looked into macros and stuff but as my goal for now is weight loss over all else I'm just going to manage my calories and make better choices with my food. Detailed below is my week of food logging, just logging to highlight to myself where I need to change. I tried to be honest as there is no point lying to myself as my jeans are already telling me what I ate.

Food Log Week 1:

Dec 1st - Dec 7th 2015

Dec 1st

3 x Tea whole milk no sugar

2 x toast and black current jam 

Titan bar (knock of mars bar fun size)

Advent calendar choc

100g of White choc

Chicken breast wrapped in bacon with cheese and chips

2 x mini choc muffin (home made)

Dec 2nd

Advent calendar choc

titan bar 

2 x cheese on toast 

3 tea whole milk no sugar 

Chicken korma with white rice

2 x mini choc muffin

Dec 3rd

Advent chocolate 

4 x tea milk no sugar 

2x cheese on toast 

4x home made cinnamon muffins 

titan bar 

chicken breast with tikka spices and chips 

Dec 4th

Advent choc

lemon chicken breast and rice with yellow peppers

sausage egg and bacon bread roll 

apple nutrigrain bar

machine costa cappacino

4 x tea 

4x cinnamon muffin

Dec 5th

(Christmas market )

Bratwurst on a mini baguette

cappuccino costa medium 

advent chocolate 

macaroon with coconut milk 

apple and cinnamon strudel

panecotta chocolate 70g

frickadello on a crusty white roll

2 x chocolate spread on toast

Dec 6th

80g Italian chocolate 

Advent chocolate 

4 x tea milk no sugar 

1 toast with honey

1 toast with chocolate spread

2 toast with butter

2x hard boiled eggs 

chicken biriani with rasins, peppers and white rice 

smoky bacon crisps

Dec 7th

Advent calendar choc

home made cinnamon cookie

3x cappuccino

2 mini sausage bacon and scrambled egg 

pot of tea 

flapjack

3 x mince pies 

bottle of coke 

burger and chips (weather-spoons)

glass of pepsi 

tea 

WEEK TWO

Dec 8th 

039 cals  advent choc

019 cals tea

488 cals large choc milkshake (MC Donalds)

518 cals Large quartermaster cheeseburger meal (MC Donalds)

170 cals (approx) 1/2 crunchie mcfluffy (MC Donalds)

1234 cals in total leaving 446 for my main meal. Well done Jess >>

But I feel better for airing my dirty laundry in public, now people can see and hopefully I'll be shamed into eating better. I can start fresh now and have this as a reminder from where I came from. 

I will prevail.

Current Challenge Case 2

Study Hall

Your first goals look like they're a great start!

However, the chocolate thing, maybe cut it gradually? Once a day, then once a week, and so on? It might make it easier! You could work that in with the 'sweets after dinner' and sub that out for your piece of daily chocolate! (dark chocolate might be an option too)

And about the tea.

DISCLAIMER- I am American and fully aware of it, and I know that I probably do things to tea that people from the UK would be scandalized by :) I've only been given the benefit of tea in the UK for a week of my entire 20 years. It changed my tea outlook completely, but still :P

One suggestion is that if you put a teabag with unflavored green tea in with your black tea (if that's what you drink), it doesn't change the flavor really but gives you the metabolism boost that green tea provides. Just something to try.

Good luck, I'll be here cheering you on!

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

DISCLAIMER- I am American and fully aware of it, and I know that I probably do things to tea that people from the UK would be scandalized by :) I've only been given the benefit of tea in the UK for a week of my entire 20 years. It changed my tea outlook completely, but still :tongue:

One suggestion is that if you put a teabag with unflavored green tea in with your black tea (if that's what you drink), it doesn't change the flavor really but gives you the metabolism boost that green tea provides. Just something to try.

Good luck, I'll be here cheering you on!

Is that with milk added or does it have to be black black tea?

• Like 1

Current Challenge Case 2

Study Hall

Is that with milk added or does it have to be black black tea?

Just however you fix it :) I put milk and a bit of sugar in mine

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

Today I've had a massive migraine all day and I've had to make myself eat. Its just starting to ease off into a dull ache, hence me being able to post. Due to the migraine I've done nothing but lie on the sofa feeling sorry for myself and sipping water.

I did drag myself to the corner hop to buy a tin of soup and I accidentally bought a fruit and nut bar, but I've not eaten it yet. I might ask my SO to put it in a high place if I've not eaten it by the time he gets back.  Plus side of being ill today i i missed the class Christmas party where everyone's idea of party food was crisps chocolate cake and fizzy pop so I dodged a bullet there. 

Food Log

Dec 8th

chicken breast (185g) seasoned with rogan josh dry spices

Japanese rice (140g)

Broccoli (270g)   Total Cals: 426

Dec 9th

039 cals Advent calendar chocolate

009 cals half a cup of tea 

121 cals Large banana

236 cals tomato soup

206 cals toast

Current Challenge Case 2

Study Hall

Dec 9th

225 cals 140g Egg friend rice (homemade)

266 cals chicken and veg stir fry

Total cals:1204

Today was ok except i was starving at around 4pm due to not grabbing lunch I was lucky in that i had just finished shopping so i munched down on an apple like my life depended on it. Lesson learned: prep food and take it with me.

Dec 10th

134 cals wheat bisk

058 cals whole milk  

039 cals advent choc

076 cals smoked ham 

294 cals wholemeal bread

080 cals granny smith apple 

320 cals honey pork and peppers (home made)

232 cals 200g of sushi rice 

snacks

138 cals 6x choc almonds 

242 cals choc bar 

Total cals 1613

Current Challenge Case 2

Study Hall

That pork sounds yummy!!

Sent from my phone so please excuse the autocorrect errors

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Yesterday was a day full of bad choices. It was the last day at uni and people were giving out chocolate and cookies like their lives depended on it. Also all the regular coffee places were closed except the fancy coffee house one that charges double. hence the chai latte instead of paying like £3 for a cup of tea. I weighed myself last night. It said I'm down to 98.7 KG its nice to be under that 100 KG mark.

11 Dec

039 cals advent choc 

100 cals Lebkuchen

190 cals spiced chai latte

040 cals tangerine

147 cals whole meal roll

048 cals smoked ham

179 cals rice

150 cals chicken breast

006 cals green beans

070 cals sweetcorn

526 cals granola flackjack

242 cals chocolate

Total cals: 1737 cals

Dec 12

039 Advent choc

206 farmhouse bread

140 scrambled eggs

018 tea with whole milk.

Current Challenge Case 2

Study Hall

Dec 12 cont 

197 cals ham roll

547 cals tikka chicken wrap with veggies

116 cals rice

041 cals garlic mayo

100 cals grated cheese

048 cals candy cane

040 cals tangeriine

079 cals choc tree dec 

total cals 1571

Dec 13

039 advent choc

018 tea

065 raisins 

290 rice pudding

197 ham roll

138 almond choc

218 chicken breast fried in flour

100 apple

041 garlic mayo

079 choc tree dec

total cals 1183

This is kinda under my target but i just wasnt feeling food today. Its over 1000 but i wonder if there is a point where its TOO low? 

Current Challenge Case 2

Study Hall

I took my body measurements today and I got on the scales again. I know this can get to be a bad habit so im going to stick to weekend weighs only from now on.

here is the damage:

(all units are in inches)

Height:           64.5

Neck:             14

Wrist:               6

Arm:              14

Nipple:           41.5

Underboob:   36

Overboob:     38

Waist:            38

Hip:                50

Thigh:            28

Belly button:  41

Ankle:              6

Weight 97.9 KG

Body fat 50.8%

Body water 34.2%

Current Challenge Case 2

Study Hall

Dec 14 and 15th

1380 and 1500 calls for the day respectively. I'm really not proud of my food choices over these to day, I'm under calories yeah but I've eaten pretty badly ( chocolate , ice cream and pub burger anyone?)

But the blip is hopefully gone and tomorrow is another day.

I'm looking into buying a Fitbit flex to keep me accountable and I'm hoping it will help me get more active as I get closer to the new year ( new challah gets await)

Today was wasted on I but and beating my no longer needed items. It's only now at two am do I feel the need to do work stuff ( stupid brain) I think it's my own fault for the sugar buzz I gave myself today.

Current Challenge Case 2

Study Hall

I have the FitBit and I love it :) It helps with giving you an idea of how many calories you use in a day. I didn't realize I used so few on an average day!

Just remember that if you do bodyweight/lifting, it doesn't recognize that and won't take the calories into consideration

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

How do you get these body-fat/body-water readings?

Going from 87 to 77 kg...

Next weighing-day: 17 jan

10%
10%
3 reps of 8 push-ups total of 24 --> 16

66%
66%
3 reps of 8 chin-ups total of 24 --> 4

16%
16%
Start-to-run lesson 1/27 --> unexpected error in module "LEFT_LEG_AND_GROIN". Error register returned code "MUSCLE_FISSURE_LEFT". Program was halted. Please wait 6 to 8 weeks for patches to install...

ERR%
ERR%

Male, 40y

Ultimate Goal: finishing the "Spartacus-run" obstacle course.

Alter ego: man machine

Been gone a few days and with it being the season i'm mainly running damage control. Goal until Jan the fourth? DO NOT GAIN WEIGHT!

I'm not going to be too hard on myself with trying to lose as i'm not in control of my food and its Christmas so temptation is everywhere. I'm trying to limit myself on treats rather than ban them outright because I know that I will cave and binge.

Still trying to figure out my fit bit. The battery seems to drain very quickly though I had to charge it from dead after only two days. Today has been good for food but not great for drinks 

Advent calander choocloates

Breakfast:

Boiled egg and white bread toast (soldiers of course) but my eggs were a little on the under cooked side so I didnt eat them all.

Tea with SS milk 

Tea with SS milk

Tea with SS mlk

Coffee with ?? milk( hairdressers)

Lunch:

Chicken and cucumber sandwich on a poopyseed brown bread.

Grandma's mince pie 

Tea with SS milk.

I know that we are having a chicken tikka curry for tea with chicken in tikka spice starters, poppadoms and Bombay potatoes, probably with pashwari(sp?) naans. I'm going to try and avoid as much extras as possible without looking like a brat.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Case 2

Study Hall

SO Christmas happened and i'm very worried about the aftermath. I received a ton of chocolate for Christmas but as of yet i have eaten very little of it. i wish I could say the same for mice pies and ham though. 

I did refuse a pudding at lunch today so I've got that going for me. MY fitbit continues to confuse me and the battery seems to last a lot less than it says it does. 

I'm excited for the new challanges to start on the 4th  and even better it seems there will be a template challenge i can follow/modify ^^ 

Current Challenge Case 2

Study Hall

back from my Christmas break and my challenge thread is up and running here. Today I must admit I did a binge eat of all the chocolate I got over Christmas in the past week but at least its gone now. I'll be posting my starting stats in here first thing tomorrow. starting to get used to my fitbit and I got a filtering water bottle and a flask for Christmas so that is really going to help with my water intake goals. Another thing i will try tomorrow is the green tea mixed with black tea so wish me luck Jedi :3

Current Challenge Case 2

Study Hall

So im usre that the website hates me as it keeps crashing and posting blank posts instead of what I wanted to write. If this continues I'm gonna have to write me stuff in word the copy paste it to save my fingers lol.

Here are the measurements i promised myself on tuesday >.<

All are in inches and all from the left side of my body (I'm a leftie)

Height:           64.5

Neck:             14

Wrist:               6

Arm:              14

Nipple:           41.5

Underboob:   36

Overboob:     38

Waist:            37 >1"

Hip:                48.5 >1.5"

Thigh:            28

Belly button:  40> 1"

Ankle:              6