What up? the concept of this site is awesome.

Hello there! 

There have in fact in life been times where I think to myself, "how cool would it be if life was like an RPG game where we could level up and all of that?" I mean essentially that's what we do, i'ts just not really kept track of. That is until I ran across this site and apparently you guys have been doing that for a while now. 

I came across this site while listening to an old Art of Manliness podcast, and came right to the internet to check it out. 

Great site. I've been following Mark's Daily Apple for about almost a year now so fortunately some of the articles are already familiar. I've always been a bit of an athlete, ran Cross-country, Wrestled, and played lacrosse in high school. play football with friends, I've run three half-marathons. In the last few months or so I've started to really get into lifting more specifically powerlifting. And ya know, I'm a Firefighter so gotta keep as fit as I can for whatever happens and all of that. However I've always had trouble with the diet. Either eating too much or just the wrong stuff, The extra weight and fat is always a struggle. (pizza, my mom's homemade cookies, and the like, I got my weaknesses) 

But then of course I'd like to thing I got some nerd cred (thus this site appeals to me) I've always been a huge comic book fan with my fitness goals essentially to be Captain America or Batman and I've always loved video games, especially RPG's mostly for the reason of taking someone and leveling them up from nothing. 

So once I get into the site a little more I'm defiantly going to get into some of the challenges since we all need goals, something to strive for. 

I'm 5ft. 6in.  at one point I had gotten up to almost 200lbs,(I think about a year ago now, can't really remember) just about all fat. I had gotten lazy, eating badly, and not exercising and at that point I got my stuff together and looked into what I should do. From there someone recommended Mark's Daily Apple so the diet got better and I started strength training for the most part. Now I hover around 160lbs (that weight drop went down in about three months).

That weight gain came I think from a sense of complacency. Of having no goals, Goals and dreams are so important, they keep you focused and healthy and confident. once you reach those goals it always feels good and you want to do it again and again. 

Still looking to essentially drop some fat, don't want to lose too much weight since I'm lifting, don't want to lose any muscle.   Started seriously lifting at the end of Sept. and since then I have been for the most part making gains and that's always a great feeling, so why not have some fun with it, maybe help some other people, have more of that accountability?   

This ended up being longer than I expected but I guess that happens, this is my story.