• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yasha92

Yasha's Last Minute Mini(nuke) Challenge

---Merry Giftmas to all who celebrate, please forgive my holiday-themed gifs---

Caps: Nothing new to report on this front. Looking forward to payday, but remaining strong on not taking any from the special saver.

holiday-hiring.jpg

Red Rocket: Lots of water, no lemonade. I have a bottle of cordial syrup which I can make up if I feel particularly deprived, but so far I haven’t. I’ve been surprised that except for a few days of hard cravings at the start I haven’t really missed it that much. Related- my belly seems to now be jiggly, instead of firm to the touch. I’m guessing that has something to do with not being chocker-block full of carbon dioxide.Maybe with a little lot more diligence I’m confident I can wave goodbye to the Santa gut and hello to the flat tummy.

BellyClausDance.gif

Fast Travel: As our plan for the day was by definition ‘lazy’ I am not sad that I only stepped 4,671. A tiny bit sad to wave goodbye to the 10,000+/day streak, but I expect to get back on it relatively quickly. Used a bit of the step-bank balance bringing it from 45,342 to 40,013.

tumblr_mp4fpu9CCu1qerhg2o1_1280.gif

Salvage: I did a big one even though it’s only Friday. Still planning to do another on the weekend, but I had time and inclination, so why not? I picked up 2 shopping bags worth, one of trash and one of recycling. I then added fake snow, because what's more Chismassy than fake snow?!

we7jSFl.gif

Bonus: I’ve been narrowing down my 6WC goals, making sure that they’re SMART, setting myself up to win. I have to admit I’m pretty excited for it. ^_^

• Like 2

Caps: Had to move over some money from the buffer account (not the special saver), went to a birthday party and Mr had to catch a cab back to be back in time for work. Hoping Mr's pay-check comes in Tuesday or Wednesday to smooth things over a little.

tumblr_liekyev5PN1qgeyd8o1_500.gif

Red Rocket: I had 2 Pink Lemonades today at aforementioned friend's birthday. I don't know why, the first one was nothing special, I could have done without the second. Once we moved from the bar back to the house I drank only water. This is a vast improvement on how I would have behaved a few weeks ago, so even though I'm not proud, I'm also not ashamed. I need to find something that I enjoy as much as I used to enjoy lemonade to drink at such functions if lemonade is no longer a nice treat.

Yuck-Bad-Taste-Euw.gif

Fast Travel: 10,072. Yes, I walked up and down the hallway the whole time I was brushing my teeth to crack the 10,000. We walked to the bus-stop, caught the bus most of the way to the bar, got off and walked the rest of the way then I walked to one friend's to get bread rolls and a jumper, then to the birthday friend's house to party on. After the party (lots of philosophical questions around beers mostly) walked back to jumper friend's house and he drove me home (I wasn't going to walk home at 2 in the morning in a short party dress). I will need to walk to work tomorrow to feed the fishes, so my 10,000 streak should be back on track.

exlJFcv.gif

Salvage: I picked up one milk bottle.

F6diXac.gif

• Like 2

Brace yourselves chaps, today was a doozey, pretty sure I rolled a natural 1 on every single will save today.

Caps: Transferred more money from the buffer account. Supposedly to buy groceries, but instead we caught a cab and bought pizza.

natural-1.jpg

Red Rocket: Had three glasses of coke saying 'well, it's not lemonade. Childish, and a slippery slope to rebelliously drinking all kinds of not-lemonade crap.

Nat_f62a19_5314012.jpg

Fast Travel: Stepped a mere 1,556. No, that's not missing any zeros. A little more than a tenth of my goal.

462499250_83e8cc3c79_m.jpg

Salvage: I picked up not a single piece of trash, as I barely left the house/ friend's house once we got there.
fa2f74b0d31177f51643f60eb5617e12.jpg

I didn't just fall off the wagon, I belly-flopped. Today was somewhat of a write off, I'm going to pick myself up, dust myself off, and do better tomorrow. A contributing (but not entirely responsible) factor was the fact that we played 10 hours of DnD, I was not expecting it to go so long (we usually finish at 6, as it was a holiday and nobody had anything to do the next day we ended up finishing at 10:30).

To top it all off we left the pizza on the bench and at the end of the night when I went to have another slice a massive roach (my least favourite bug ever) ran out of the box across the bench and I squealed like a little wimp and made a goose of myself. Going to sleep it off, and back to it in the morning.  

Tomorrow will be a better day.

Purpleglownecklace.jpg?width=500&height=

• Like 2

A much better day today all round.

Caps: Went to the grocery store and bought the groceries I meant to buy yesterday and stocked up on lots of fresh foods to get a little head-start on my 4 week challenge for healthier eating. I did not take any additional money out of the buffer account, but I used almost all of it. I still need to buy some other staples (such as loo paper and kitty litter), but hopefully Mr's pay will come in tomorrow.

giphy.gif

Red Rocket: I enjoyed a glass of apple/blackcurrent juice mixed with soda water. It was not too sweet as I've been finding other beverages to be. Other than that one glass I had lots of tea, but no lemonades (win).

tumblr_mb7talJdFO1qfx0b8o1_500.gif

Fast Travel: After yesterdays inaction I was determined to do better today, and I seem to have managed, finishing the night with 10,617 steps. I walked to the bus stop, walked a little in the grocery store, walked back (rucked? Carrying heaps of groceries--see below--- in a backpack plus one hand-held bag) from the stop to the house. The gym class I wanted to go to was booked out, so I walked to the gym, went in the sauna for 15-20min then walked back home. Friend picked us up and drove us into town for boardgames.

CotuzRv.jpg

Salvage: Again much better - 2 cans, a burrito wrapper, an empty pack of gum and a coffee cup. It seems there may be an informal beach-clean on Wednesday, so looking forward to that if I can go.

zn8orxstcjkdlw8w77qx.gif 

After a little self reflection yesterday and today I realised that I was much more disappointed in yesterday's efforts than I had been proud of my previous achievements. This has encouraged me to praise myself more for the tasks I do complete. 

I am looking forward to the upcoming 4WC, I've re-highlighted the calendar to reflect a shorter length, and I will re-assess my goals tomorrow to make sure they remain SMART in light of the shorter time-frame. One good thing about having this a shorter challenge- my goals and accountability page (boxes to tick for each day the task is complete) all fits on one single page of my journal, rather than going across the spread, where the lines don't perfectly match.

Now that I seem to be back on the wagon, it is onwards, to the sunset~! 

• Like 3

Week in review (a little late):

Caps Stash: Put $50/week into saving for our own house: Keeping the money in the saving account on a non-pay week has been a struggle, but so far so good. In the future I will need to do a proper budget and knuckle down to do responsible spending, but for now we’re still sitting at $100/$200.

Red Rocket Station: Less Lemonade: Trying to find a ‘substitute’ lemonade has been one disappointment after another. This is good, as it means I’m not doing a straight swap to iced tea or flavoured water, equally as bad but in a ‘healthy’ packaging. I have started over the last three days having a smoothie for breakfast, and that seems to be hitting that first-thing-in-the-morning-cold-beverage-craving. I’m hoping that once I go back to work it will be a filling breakfast and keep me from straying in other ways too. I slipped up several (5.5) times for a total of 7.5 strikes. Yowchie. It is as I expected that I can’t have ‘just one’ fizzy drink, and if I let down my guard before I know it I’ve guzzled the lot. I’m aiming for no more for the rest of the challenge.

You Cannot Fast Travel From This Location: Walk wherever possible, 10,000 steps/day: I hit the 10,000+ every day except for Sunday which was a write-off over all. I had plenty of banked steps to cover that slip up, and expect to continue having good results when I make the effort to walk the rest of the challenge. 6/7.

Salvage:Trash-Bash on the weekend for half an hour: I’m going well with the new goal of “pick up one piece of litter per day, plus a half hour weekend trash-bashâ€. Most days I am picking up more than one, and every day with the exception of that Sunday I’ve picked at least one. I did the ‘weekend’ trash-bash on Friday, as it was the most convenient.

All in all: I am doing well! Even with a wobbley day I’ve managed to stick with the challenge. I’m proud of myself and keen for the upcoming 4WC. Lemonade/fizzy is still an issue for me, but with constant vigilance I will break its hold! 

Caps: Still neither pay yet. Had some ‘points’ on my groceries card that I translated into store $ to buy kitty litter, hummus and butter. Didn’t use any savings dollars. My gif has nothing to do with this, but it came up when I searched ‘coupon gif’…

giphy.gif

Red Rocket: No slip-ups today, lots of water, a smoothie for breakfast and an iced coffee in the afternoon (homemade, no sweetening, just a little vanilla extract). This was satisfying both in terms of sustenance and for a little pat on my back. I –don’t- need fizzy drinks, and I am better off without them.

690004195514096934.gif

Fast Travel: I was sitting on a little over 2000 and didn’t really feel like going for a walk, so I listed all the reasons why I shouldn’t go for a walk as I was tying my laces and walking out the door. I was half way to the uni by the time I really realised that I was already walking, so that was pretty neat. I walked to the uni to feed my fish, then caught the bus into town to get some very basic groceries. Caught the bus back most of the way and then walked, bringing me in at 10,101 all counted. I did a lot of housework today, and it seems that while will-power draining, there aren’t actually that many steps (pedometer steps) involved in laundry and vacuuming and such.

Mrs-Doubtfire-Dancing-and-Vacuuming.gif

Salvage: I picked up two cans on my walk and got them both in recycling bins. Not naming any names, but people with wings apparently can’t put their rubbish in the bin…

i9V3Nd0.gif

I’m booked in for another body pump tomorrow, we shall see whether the DOMS are any better this time around. (I hope so, since I will have time to properly stretch, rather than heading straight to work and sitting in an office chair for hours).

• Like 1

Caps: Both pays came in (woot woot!) so I’ve put over the $100 to savings. With that the Caps goal is completed (for this challenge), and the only challenge is keeping it in the saver. Also grabbed more bananas and some bits and pieces.

giphy.gif

Red Rocket: No lemonade today! Huzzah! I was tempted by some energy drink, but I didn’t have any.

champagne-celebration-gif.gif?gs=a

Fast Travel: Body Pump doesn’t get many steps, and I was tender after it (not so much D in these DOMS), so I expected that I might struggle to hit the 10,000. Wandering about, walking to the gym, home again and from friends to the shops to get milk and back got me through to 14,751.

giphy.gif

Salvage: I picked up two glass bottles.

GxScrog.gif

Body Pump seemed much harder today, there was a different instructor and a different routine, but I was still surprised. I wonder if my muscles were still a little tender from last time. Again towards the end of the class I moved to bodyweight only, I also did some bar-only movements (lunges, some squats). I did some stretching in the sauna and when I got home I alternated between heat pack and icepack on my back as I seem to have aggravated an older injury. It seems to have mostly passed now, and is just muscle soreness. 

• Like 1

It’s New Years Eve here in Oz, and as such my gifs today will be fireworks themed~

Caps: Completed for this challenge, as long as it stays in the saver. Bought some pricey bits and pieces today (razor and blades, $50, yowch) as well as some fruit to stock up for the 4WC. I’ve prepped a couple of smoothies, but I want to prep a few more before the challenge starts.

giphy.gif

Red Rocket: No lemonades~ tempted while at subway, bought a milk drink (up&go) instead. Sugarwise probably not much better, but it didn’t set off all my cravings for more-more-more! Like fizzy drinks do.

giphy.gif

Fast Travel: I was sitting on a little over 8,000 debating whether or not to go for a walk (as it’s NYE and there will be a lot of drunk people roaming the streets) when I got a text from Mr asking me to bring him his phone charger (he is on nightshift at the servo), with the walk there and back I finished off the night with 12,251. I didn’t see any drunk people on the walk, so I’m guessing they were all down at the fireworks on the beach.

630725570cf4360420470e8a087fc6de.gif

Salvage: Put some small $ towards the Seabin, putting my money where my mouth is in supporting what seems to be a pretty good cause. Also picked up 6 cans. I suspect tomorrow will be a big one for rubbish everywhere.

c751e960-fbf4-0132-451a-0a2ca390b447.gif

Altogether I am quite pleased with today, plus as I noted in the Mini Thread, ICANFEELMYBICEPS!!! Moving forward I hope to work towards seeing them too. I have ended this year on a very positive note, and I hope it foreshadows the New Year to come.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Caps: Completed for this challenge, as long as it stays in the saver. Went again to the shops to pick up some bits and pieces, tennis balls to start this foam-rolling thing (an actual foam roller will be a reward for next challenge), loo paper which I forgot last time and dishwasher tablets. All from pay money, all on track.

giphy.gif

Red Rocket: No lemonades~ I didn’t take my water bottle on my walk tonight and I was parched by the time I got to the uni so I tried to drink out of a water bottle filler at the bus stop, I got the angle wrong and breathed in what felt like a litre of water. It was then and only then that I wished I had bought a bottle of lemonade from the vending machine. I stayed strong, and once I coughed up most of the water I got a glass of water from the tap and drank it like a sensible person.

2GNCdQx.jpg

Fast Travel: Getting a little dejavu when I say I was sitting on 5,000 and not feeling like doing the rest… I decided to walk to the uni and feed the fish, then back home which brought me up to 13,226. It was the correct decision, the night was lovely and cool. I confused a lady/made her think I was crazy by asking her if she was looking for the gnome (a little backstory- there is a house along the route I walk that has a garden gnome which they move about the garden to a new/funny spot each week or so, he’s currently up their tree) when she was actually looking for her cat, but other than that no human interaction, which I enjoy. I walked through what felt like a billion spiderwebs though, and by the end was doing the Phantom of the Opera ‘keep your hand at the level of your eyes’ walk.

e64c066aba399b23d0eccabccda79a98.jpg

Salvage: 6+ glass bottles, 3 cans, 3 plastic bottles, 1 pie wrapper. As I suspected, lots of rubbish in the wake of last night’s revelry. I saw lots more that I didn’t pick up, but I feel this little effort is net-gain.

9nUDSvY.gif

Getting incredibly keen for the start of the 4WC, even though I'm enjoying the holidays and it starts on the same day I'm back to work. OH! Also I scored a Kilo of chicken for 90c, yes 90CENTS, reduced down from $10 as today was it's use-by date, so I cooked up a bunch of bbq chicken wings, pre-cooked some snausages to go with salads and made some honeysoy skewers. So far 2016 looks peachy.

• Like 2

~~~no gifs today, at my parents with limited access~~~

Caps: organised some pricey items (cat food, guitarlele) but nothing taken from the saver.

Red Rocket: I sipped two mouthfuls of lemonade, then remembered all the reasons I don't drink lemonade anymore and didn't have any more than that.

Fast Travel: walked a little on the beach and when I got to my parents walked with two of my sisters and the sister's dog to make up the difference, hit 10,644.

Salvage: picked up a bottle and a can by myself, family helped me pick up a bagful at the beach while they were visiting.

b2e57b749c901d2aadaea1730a57f90a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1