Fell off the "I Quit Smoking" horse

Well, I was doing pretty well on the "not smoking" front, but it's exam week and I was really jonesing for one...or a whole pack. I'm giving myself until the end of my semester on Friday to smoke, and then it's over! Forever! I'm getting rid of my lighters, I'm not buying more cigarettes, it's just not going to happen. 

But it's hard! :(

• Like 1

Level II Halfling Assassin

| 23 | 5'4" | 178 lbs |

| Pushups: 30 | 2 kM Row: 11 minutes |

GOALS

| No more than 1 cheat meal in a row for 10 days straight 1/10 | Maintain 11 minute 2k row | 35 pushups |

30 DAYS NO EXCUSES

It's hard indeed! I been there, I know.

But don't worry, those few smokes don't make you a smoker again. They don't cause you're stopping again :)

Just a thought, if I may...

I went though some rough time to when I stopped smoking: stress at work, the gf still smoking right at my face, some wicked wild nights where I so don't cared about consequences, exams, etc, etc. There are many of them and they just happen at anytime, all the time and without warning. Actually it still happen again.

I came to realize these moments make me better at not smoking. I mean, my confidence in my ability to remain a non-smoker gets a huge boost each time I go through a moment like that without smoking. I don't get that kind of kick from resisting while in ideal condition (whatever idea might be). So while I don't enjoy times where I literally struggle not to smoke, finding a value for them makes it a lot more easier to resist.

Best of luck with your project to stop smoking and good luck with your exams.

My Battle Log

Challenges 1, 2,

Escape the Matrix Quest

Those are challenges I couldn't complete during previous 6 Week Challenges. While they won't be my focus for the next 6WC, I am keeping them here until I complete them. I WILL complete them.

Push ups challenge (3 sets of 30)

50%
50%

Freaking pull ups challenge (10 consecutive pushups)

64%
64%

I've been where you are as well. It's never easy. but as long as you keep trying, there's hope!

I have a few tricks to control cravings: use a strong mouthwash like Scope or Listerine. The tingling sensation is a good stand in for the nicotine high, and it's promotes oral hygiene. Bonus!

Another thing I use, for the same reason, are cough drops, especially Halls. Mind you don't eat too many of them though. :D

I hope that helps. Good luck!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

There is a list of happy things longer than my arm that will happen to you for not smoking. Hang in there!

If you really REALLY need a hit, they make patches and e-cigs, but if you can do cold turkey, more power to ya. The latter is certainly cheaper.

Ps see if you can get your girlfriend to quit. It is near impossible to avoid a drug when someone you spend a lot of time around is still using it. Which is why they tell recovering addicts they will have to break up with their former friends. I'm not saying you should ditch your girlfriend but she should understand that her habit is physically harmful to both of you, not to mention your pets, coworkers and pretty much everyone you smoke around.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.