JOIN THE REBELLION VIDEO CHALLENGE

For seven years, we’ve been building a Rebellion here at Nerd Fitness - and the message boards have been a HUGE part of it. We’ve made amazing new friends and helped each other level up (or even stay afloat when times get bad). YOU are the Rebellion - YOU are this community. Thank you!

We know we’ve been in our corner for a long time, and that’s why we’ve been working on some big releases for 2016 - and it’s time to see how we do when we take on the mainstream industry directly. The first stage of this strategy is Steve’s book, Level Up Your Life, which will be released January 12th, 2016.

In January, we’ll unveil the ability for any Nerd Fitness user to create their own character at Nerd Fitness.com (for free), along with the ability for users to create their own personal epic quests, assign XP to items, and level up as they check off the items on their list. This is only the first step of a lot of much bigger things coming to the Rebellion.

As we grow we want to make sure that we grow Nerd Fitness in a way that respects our core ethos: the community itself. That's why we'll be putting an emphasis on character creation and using this gamification within our community to support each other.

That’s also why we wanted to start this roll out here - with a rallying cry in the community.

And that brings me to the contest!

We created a contest to help kick off the “Join the Rebellion” campaign - to get more Rebels in these boards, but ultimately to spread the message of Nerd Fitness to help people live better lives. We believe in our message - that every day someone joins us is a day they step away from an unhealthy, unfulfilled life - and we know you do too.

So, TODAY kicks off video challenge, which ends with the start of the new year. Here are the details:

In order to enter, start with creating a video.  The video does not need to be high quality - using your phone camera is great!

The video should explain two major things. First, either:

• Why you think others should join the Rebellion; and/or
  • One way the Rebellion/NF philosophy has impacted you; and/or
  • You favorite thing about the Rebellion

Second, in the spirit of Level Up Your Life, and setting ourselves for an epic next year, let us know about two things on your epic quest list that you WILL achieve in 2016. This could be as simple as going into a gym for the first time, completing a mile or three mile run, or a new adventure in a foreign country. "Epic" means whatever it means to you.

Winners will be chosen randomly.  You can get two entries by sharing your video on social media with the hashtag #JoinTheRebellion

• The first place winner will win free membership to either the Academy or Nerd Fitness Yoga. In addition to a that, they will win a video game of their choice (up to $60).
  • Second and third place winners will receive a video game of their choice (up to $60) and a personalized, hand-drawn caricature from Steve.
  • The next three people will win the personalized hand-drawn caricature from Steve.

TO ENTER:

Get excited for 2016, great things are coming!

• Like 20
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Wahoo!!

giphy.gif

This is so exciting. I have been wanting this forever so I'm super stoked it's actually happening. I've already started spreading the word so hopefully the future rebels will be streaming in.

Also...I think we need cake....  :cupcake: 

• Like 1

1st  -  2nd  -  3rd  -  4th  -  Current Challenge

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

Bump! Come on Nerds! Let's do this!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

This makes me really nervous, to be honest!

I'm fairly new. And I've tried a lot of things out there - like HabitRPG, for instance.

But the complexity was too much for my new habits. The simplicity of this system is what I fell so deeply in love with.

I am terrified that by going "main stream" and making things more complicated, my really getting this system down is going to crash. That's awful.

Please make the more in-depth announcements soon, for those like me who are shaking in our boots.

~ Sol

• Like 3

Solunaria

of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End

Previous Challenge

Done! It's only a Vine and probably not what you're after at all but it was good fun to make.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Hey people! It’s Noel from Team NF. I’m pumped to announce that we (finally) have some winners for the Join the Rebellion Video Challenge! Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience! It’s been a crazy couple of months for the team! 

Our randomly selected winners (and accompanying prizes) are…

1st Place: Wicked Pixie - free membership to either the Academy or NF Yoga and a video game of your choice (up to $60)

2nd Place: Rab397- video game of your choice (up to $60) and a personalized, hand-drawn caricature from Steve. 

3rd Place: Hammlin - video game of your choice (up to $60) and a personalized, hand-drawn caricature from Steve. 

Runners up: SnowOwl, annyshay, and BarefootDawsy - personalized hand-drawn caricatures from Steve!

Thanks so much for creating these videos, guys! We’ll be reaching out soon to collect mailing addresses for your prizes, so keep an eye out in your inboxes! 

• Like 1
  • spezzy unpinned this topic