KOALATY CONTENTS

JANUARY

Favorite Resources

Original first post below.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I decided to start a daily battle log because I did a thing and it's kind of a big deal. I finally joined the NF Academy! My last challenge went pretty well, and it showed I was ready to buckle down and get fit. The plan was that I was going to use my Christmas money to sign up but I just kept thinking and kept looking and finally just did it already. I plan to track my NFA progress and between challenge minis here, because daily accountability is a major motivator in sticking with the challenges.

bear-working-out.jpg

Speaking of which, it's time to stretch out. :-)

• Like 4

AND NOW I'M BACK

Suddenly Gloria Gaynor was stuck in my head and then this happened.

l1756727825.jpg

Only 15 more hours until I spend an evening standing in line!

So I just did my first NFA workout, and it's basically at the same level as the BBWW. I was actually pretty excited to see that my last 6WC quests set me up to breeze through a few levels (YAY) but I also considered my rough couple of weeks and stayed at the dietary change level where I sit right now. I have some goals for the week which include diet logging (if I make it to 30 days it's a super win), holding a 30 second plank (60 second is the long[er] term goal), and defeating 5 sugar cravings using healthy foods!

I mean, if Cookie Monster can do it...

vegetablemuppets.jpg

BUT THEN AGAIN

d638f3340051c3fc646cdd5913507a4e.jpg

AssAssins Mini!

Apparently we're working to disguise ourselves to infiltrate all the things. For the Druids, we have to come up with goals to get through the holidays and log positive things we did the day before:

-A positive thing I did [Monday]: domestic rangering win! I got a healthy dinner on the table despite all the grumps insisting on cheezburger.

-Personal goals for holidays: Christmas Eve I get 1 unhealthy drink (eggnog OR hot chocolate OR alcohol) and no more than 1 cookie; Christmas will be no more than 3 cookies OR 1 larger dessert with no more than 2 unhealthy drinks (to allow rum in eggnog); New Year's Eve will be 1 drink and a reasonable bedtime OR no drinks and a late bedtime; New Year's Day I sign up for NFA and finish at least 5 goals. Also: wait for presents until Christmas Eve, open just the one, and the rest wait until morning.

(I signed up for NFA early, but I'll look at that as a deadline)

Anyway, I'll log the positive things I did yesterday! I signed up for NFA and spent my TV time folding laundry--as opposed to sitting and doing nothing else. Productivity win! Extra win--all the laundry is actually done, so next week's laundrydoing shouldn't take more than half a day, from detergent going in to closing the closet door. It might even end up as no more than two loads! YAAAAAAASS

i-live-out-of-laundry-baskets-97482.jpg

Tomorrow, I will log a positive thing and run a mile (one Scout point for every mile run). I mapped out how far I have to run, round trip, from my apartment, to make this happen. I'll also be doing planks and wall sits for Ranger points. TEAM ZULU!

• Like 4

Lots of good things here!! Great and challenging goals! Keep pushing forward to becoming more and more awesome!!

I may have to look into this mini challenge thing... Or at least continue posting in my battle log too :)

Glad to see you here! Already following in anticipation of seeing your progress. You've got all my support in this! Go get 'em!!!

• Like 1

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

What are you using for diet logging? If using MyFitnessPal feel free to add me phoenixmagic for extra accountability if you'd like :)

• Like 1

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

I am using notepad on my laptop, actually. Calorie/carb counting would just drive me crazy, and I know what portion sizes should look like. At this point, the struggle is with mindless snacking, avoiding sweets, and inserting veggies into my diet. My weight came from depression-related problems (drinking, comfort snacking, eating out, curling up in a ball and shunning sunlight, etc), so most of my fight is more about depression and PTSD than learning good habits. It's difficult, just in a different way. :-)

• Like 4

My struggle the last day or two has been the comfort snacking

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Week #0Food logging: ☑☑☑ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #1Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐

Week #2Food logging:  Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Week #3Food logging: ☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐

Week #4Food logging: ☐☐☐☐☐ Movement☐☐☐☐☐

Previous challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #4.5 #5

Level 3 Lycan Ranger

Workout audiobook: Patriot Games

Looking for accountability buddies: Strava My FitnessPal Moov Google Fit

What are you using for diet logging? If using MyFitnessPal feel free to add me phoenixmagic for extra accountability if you'd like :)

By the way, thank you for the invite. I'll be sure to look you up in case I decide to go that route. <3 I do have a FitBit, though, and I'm going to try to wear that every day during the next challenge!

• Like 1
Guest Radical Ed

A photo journal is an alternative to the notepad for food log. I fill my plate with the right portions and then take a picture before eating. This way I stop myself from reaching for more food. Obviously your lost of control comes in the form of snacking but I still think a photo log is a great and easy way to keep a record. Another good thing about it is that it makes me take extra care about my food presentation which has become a trigger for mindful eating. From the moment I start setting my plate everything else goes away and I am fully experiencing my food, this in turn makes me eat slower and feel satisfied at the end of the meal.

I am using notepad on my laptop, actually. Calorie/carb counting would just drive me crazy, and I know what portion sizes should look like. At this point, the struggle is with mindless snacking, avoiding sweets, and inserting veggies into my diet. My weight came from depression-related problems (drinking, comfort snacking, eating out, curling up in a ball and shunning sunlight, etc), so most of my fight is more about depression and PTSD than learning good habits. It's difficult, just in a different way. :-)

By the way, thank you for the invite. I'll be sure to look you up in case I decide to go that route. <3 I do have a FitBit, though, and I'm going to try to wear that every day during the next challenge!

I actually started MFP as a way to track what and when I eat. I'm not too exact on the details, so don't get too mired up in that. I started using it to remind myself of those moments I turn to food, and especially what kinds of food. This has helped me realize when I eat emotionally and also to substitute for something else (in my case I've been turning to water since I need to increase my consumption). It's also helped me realize how much I was eating at meal times that I didn't need. Really, my logging has been much more about awareness and I've been learning not to beat myself up or focus too much on the little details but rather more about the overall picture :)

Still, you gotta find what works for you :) if ever you need - I'm here!

• Like 2

Today was extremely busy, and would have been tiring enough without last night's no-sleep marathon. We were fairly productive, and while we didn't get everything done that I would have liked, we were restricted by time and food grumps. BUT THEREIN LIES MY VICTORY!

rebel_sml.jpg

The first time around, we left the house and HH realized that I hadn't eaten anything in 17 hours. We stopped by Moe's (like Chipotle) and got me fed; I opted for unsweetened tea rather than soda and loaded my food with the veggie options. Considering our time constraint, it was definitely the best choice. Anyway, many hours later HH got the food grumps and steered me towards the Cheesecake Factory.

How it used to go down

tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.gif

There, I had like seven different victories: I ate one piece of bread instead of the whole bowl, ordered a water instead of soda, opted to skip an appetizer, didn't get cheesecake, and was smart about my food order. I got the pizza with salad (I ordered dressing on the side but alas!) and boxed the pizza up to take home. I figured the two of us would need to eat before seeing "The Force Awakens", and we could split the pizza then. I ate up my salad, quit eating when I was full, and we headed home for a quick nap. AND before we left, I did 34, 35, and 27 second planks. When I started Koaladleing in October, I barely lasted 15 seconds. The improvement is happening!

54d538034c310d5fc315625849314d32.jpg

At the theater, I turned down multiple offers for treats (we were there an hour early because Star Wars opening weekend), and when I headed out to get the movie snacks, I once again opted for water over Delicious Junk. HH said he wanted something sweet, so I returned with a chocolate thing and a sour thing to cover bases and ended up with the sour thing--which we shared. All things considered, I'm really happy with my food decisions; I'm learning how to say, "no, thanks" without turning it into a big scene and making sure to opt for water or drinks without sugar. That is a massive change from late October.

All in all, and excellent day despite stress and grumps! Huzzah!

• Like 3

Super fantastic! A ton of great wins here!! Good job!

Congrats on learning to say no :D

• Like 1

Guest Radical Ed

There, I had like seven different victories: I ate one piece of bread instead of the whole bowl

That's a tough one, the dam bread basket is always calling.

You did amazing by the way. Love the visual storytelling in your post––always puts a smile on my face  :peaceful:

Wow! I'm totally impressed that you were able to walk into the Cheesecake Factory and not have cheesecake. Kudos to you. It sounded like your day was loaded with temptations and you did well.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but my hubby is itching to go. Glad it's good.

• Like 1

Druid - Assassin - Adventurer Level 18

Challenges: [Current
[18} [17] [16] [15] [14] [13] [12] [11] [10] [9] [8] [7] [6] [5] [4] [3] [ 2 ] [ 1 ]

• Like 2

October-05-2012-02-04-13-pw.jpg

article-2228134-15DAFC9F000005DC-580_634

tumblr_nxu2jpxj0D1s6r9jro1_500.jpg

image.png?w=400&c=1

Oh Lady Hawk, you totally made my day--all hour and fifteen minutes of it so far. :D

So the last couple of days got busy out of nowhere, and for one reason or another we've been going out to eat pretty frequently. I'm going to put a stop to this tomorrow, but all told I've noticed a few great habits: my portion control is well adjusted (Girls' Day Out ended up at Chik-Fil-A for lunch, and I ordered just a sandwich rather than the meal), I choose water over other drinks most of the time (the two times the last week when I opted for an alcoholic drink or a soda, it was a limited amount because bottomless drinks are kryptonite), and I can bake cookies for Christmas without eating half the batch. All in all, as long as I keep reminding myself to eat veggies, my diet is getting in wonderful shape.

I've gotten sidetracked over the last few days, so my exercise has gone by the wayside. I make a point to walk rather than drive (you know, across the parking lot rather than get a new spot or something--which sounds extraordinarily lazy now that I write it), but I really need to get a workout in tomorrow. So, it looks like that will be goal for tomorrow! Today! You know what I mean.

• Like 3

Way to go for girls night out.  Its okay to get side tracked.  It happens but you are working to get back on track and that is a win!  I have been okay with exercise but my food choices have been lackluster other than eating veggies as much as I can.  So I took a minute and made a plan for the holidays and for food next week.  I planned meals through the New Year, included a good veg with xmas dinner, and sticking to those will keep me on track and yet enjoying the festivities.  I think doing the same with exercise will help you.  I am going to enjoy cookies but we are only making single batches and I will let my daughter or others test them or share one between the 3 of us since we are making so few but a wide variety.  :)  

So take Agent P's focus and get to it!

agent_p_by_plzexplode-d5d9i90.png

• Like 3

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Sometimes, it's a trial to convince myself to get some exercise going. I know that it's important, but the lazies kick in and Grandpa Chair beckons and the Winter Steam Sale begs for my walletmonies. Winter has traditionally been my low-key, reading and snuggling season, so I'm fighting the urge to stay in bed all day drinking home-made cocoa (with fresh whipped cream, of course). Fight I must, for Traitor Brain is all like

Don't wanna, ain't gonna, can't make me!

tumblr_mbgmn0O0WN1r1tn8jo1_400.gif

(Laundry? Dishes? Scrubbing grout? Cleaning toilets? Cooking dinner? Walking the dog? No thanks, I wanna stay in bed. Don't judge me! IT'S CALLED A COMFORTER FOR A REASON)

Despite my own protests, I've managed to improve productivity over the last few days. Things are getting done and HH is noticing the effort. He feels loved when he comes home to a well-managed household, and I feel loved when he acknowledges my efforts. Somehow, the Lazies don't remember that this cycle of contentment keeps us both happy. The Lazies can certainly be selfish--one of the big differences between the Lazies and the Resters. The more I write, the more words I make up. Apologies to Grammar Purists. The Resters are active after the work is done, and generally take less of my time. The Lazies take as must time as they can, often disguised as Priorities; but a discerning eye can see right through them. To combat the Lazies, I actually have to say what I'm doing out loud: "By watching Netflix instead of doing chores, I'm saying marital bliss is not a priority."

When you put your actions into words, a lot is said.

If Hawkeye can do laundry, Koaladle can do laundry.

tumblr_meecsqcNAP1qjieip.gif

(Unrealated: The Hawkeye Initiative NSFW)

Long story short, I did chores today and even did yoga (NFY, Water Level 1 because it's been years since I yoga-ed on a regular basis). Once I got started, I was happy to keep going (for 45 minutes total) until it was time to make dinner. Specifically, I'd like to thank awesomesue for the gigantic Agent P picture, because you can't look into those eyes and stay on your butt. :-)

Literally what happened.

tumblr_mgi9n2ia7g1r1tn8jo1_500.gif

• Like 3

Stalking your battle log =)

Observations/Comments:

• Your gif/meme game is strong!!
  • Nice job w/ the yoga today. 
  • I loved Force Awakens too!! Don't even care about non-canonical stuff. I was almost sobbing at certain points from nostalgia.
  • Which guild are you? 
  • Like 1

Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Stalking your battle log =)

Observations/Comments:

• Your gif/meme game is strong!!
  • Nice job w/ the yoga today. 
  • I loved Force Awakens too!! Don't even care about non-canonical stuff. I was almost sobbing at certain points from nostalgia.
  • Which guild are you? 

-cracked.com was a huge influence. Sooooooo many hours spent on cracked. :-)

-My proudest achievement of the day, and that includes perfecting a meringue cookie recipe. My priorities are changing! YAY!

-I'm not even close to being a Star Wars fan, so the fact that I'm looking forward to seeing it again tomorrow is a really big deal.

-I joined the Assassins because: A) I get to type a-s-s twice in one word, and B) I love dance more than any. Other. Type. Of. Movement. (period) I very closely considered the Scouts because walking, swimming, and biking long distances is something I've done a lot of in the past, but I decided to look towards something I've always wanted to do rather than what was safe and comfortable. There's a lot of strength training needed for dance that I've always dodged, ducked dipped, dived and dodged, so I hope that going this path will be the difference in my fitness routine. :-) awesomesue knows all about the Scouts, though, and was even a Scout of the Week last challenge! :D

• Like 3

Oh there is so much cross over between all the guilds.   :)

Way to kick the Lazies in the butt!

We all have these days...

i-have-no-intention-of-getting-off-my-as

Remeber:

495f23a933209bd90938dda4b1fe3b68.jpg

• Like 2

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile