I was so tired by the time I did the step goal. It ended up taking a lot longer than I expected. I marched all the way through "Sicairo" and five episodes of "Mozart in the Jungle" and just barely made it by midnight. Had it not taken so long, I was going to throw down some yoga on top of the heap, but it was not to be. 

That said, here is the official update for yesterday:

11JAN

Moderation: did make good choices by limiting junk food, snacking on veggies, drinking fluids, and eating three veggies at dinner. We have some leftover green beans, and I will put those in the oven to warm them up for lunch.

Movement: Walked over 10,000 steps.

Boss Fight: Cleaned the kitchen, but then there was cooking so it will get cleaned again today.

Wow this is incredible! Great work! Keep the positive flow going!

I'm really impressed by the way you are regulating what you eat! Challenge is going great, though i sense it takes some willpower. Keep on strong you can do this!

Agreed so much I had to quote :)

• Like 2

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

I'm really impressed by the way you are regulating what you eat! Challenge is going great, though i sense it takes some willpower. Keep on strong you can do this!

Thank you! I started looking at the groceries as an investment instead of a chore, and that has helped make sure I eat all the veggies we buy. I'm pretty energetic this morning, so I'm going to try again to push the limits--I want to do 10,000 steps AND yoga before midnight!

These are heroics! \o/ You are hero

You are hero, too! I read about your progress and it helps get my butt in gear!

Wow this is incredible! Great work! Keep the positive flow going!

Yes, m'am! 

• Like 1

So in catching up on all my reading... :nevreness: I might have a helpful tip during those heavy duty chocolate craving months. I'm a chocolate nut and find that when stress is elevated or it's that time of the month, I will eat everything and anything chocolate that I can find. It seems to be a terrible circle because the more chocolate I eat, the more I have to have, which then results in sugar crash.

In my quest for an alternative, I found chocolate brownie Larabars. However, I wasn't fond of the price and where I live it requires a 40 minute drive one way to get one. Homemade is super easy. It uses dates, cocoa, walnuts (or any other nut), and, if desired, chocolate chips. Throw it in a blender or food processor with a bit of water. Place about 2T - 4T in a snack bag, press it, toss in the fridge and emergency chocolate is on standby. Here's the recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/08/12/hot-fudge-brownie-larabars/. I'm not a fan of dates on their own but in this recipe it adds sweetness. I double the cocoa and minimize the chocolate chips to make them healthier. While these aren't an alternative to go crazy and eat regularly because dates have a high sugar content because they're a fruit, it's much better than any chocolate junk I find and eat when the craving strikes. For some reason, it also curbs the intense longing for chocolate.

I love that Heimdal wants to join you in yoga. My dog loves when I'm on the floor in down dog, puppy pose, or table top pose. It results in slobbery kisses and often him going under me. I'm training him to stay on a blanket and watch, but he's a young one and likes to join in.

• Like 3

Druid - Assassin - Adventurer Level 18

Challenges: [Current
[18} [17] [16] [15] [14] [13] [12] [11] [10] [9] [8] [7] [6] [5] [4] [3] [ 2 ] [ 1 ]

That looks like a great alternative!! :D I won't make it until the Menses Monster hibernates again, or else I'll end up curled in a ball on the kitchen floor, madness in my eyes while I clutch the chocolate chips.

I'm ashamed that this mental image was WAY funnier than it should have been, and I apologize....

Now I shall continue laughing....

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

You know you can make hot chocolate without adding sugar.  LOL  Kiddo does it for me when I do not want sugar.  Actually I really like unsweetened hot cocoa.  :)  Works really well with a dark chocolate too.....really really well.

Doing great K.

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Good! Laughter was the aim. I was imagining something like this:

tumblr_malov9KrL01qjaa1to1_1280.jpg

I would like to remind you, for the record, that this is how I see myself during Shark Week. 

Would be rather accurate to what my image was... :-)

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Heat almond milk in microwave.  Get it good an hot.  Add about 2 Tbs of cocoa powder of your choosing and mix in some of the heated almond milk in a mug with a tiny bit of salt.  Once the cocoa is melted into the almond milk add the rest of the almond milk.  We like to also hit ours with a dash of cinnamon.  If it is chocolate you truly want then this is good.  It is different having it unsweetened in any way.  Took a couple mugs before I really started to like it.  Kiddo did it to make something nice for me and thought I would appreciate it.  As you can tell I did and do enjoy it!

• Like 1

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

Would be rather accurate to what my image was... :-)

There's going to be a lot of Gollum in my post tonight. That was pretty much the day.

Heat almond milk in microwave.  Get it good an hot.  Add about 2 Tbs of cocoa powder of your choosing and mix in some of the heated almond milk in a mug with a tiny bit of salt.  Once the cocoa is melted into the almond milk add the rest of the almond milk.  We like to also hit ours with a dash of cinnamon.  If it is chocolate you truly want then this is good.  It is different having it unsweetened in any way.  Took a couple mugs before I really started to like it.  Kiddo did it to make something nice for me and thought I would appreciate it.  As you can tell I did and do enjoy it!

This sounds really good. O.O I'll make some tomorrow when I'm not curled up in a grumpball.

Too funny. I totally had the same image come to mind. I'll have to share with my hubby because I think it's an accurate image when I'm in the "I NEED CHOCOLATE NOW" mode.

I think we can all relate. :-) I'm going to go to the Google to find out why we crave the chocolate.

• Like 1

I think we can all relate. :-) I'm going to go to the Google to find out why we crave the chocolate.

It's a symptom of femaleitis....

*runs and hides*

• Like 4

My first challenge

The only way to defeat you is to falsely recognize your intellect. :D

HAHAHAHAHAHA....  my intellect.... that's a good joke... HAHAHAHAHAHA.... oooh man.... *sniffs*.... oh that's good... thanks for that.

• Like 2

My first challenge

That looks like a great alternative!! :D I won't make it until the Menses Monster hibernates again, or else I'll end up curled in a ball on the kitchen floor, madness in my eyes while I clutch the chocolate chips.

I'm ashamed that this mental image was WAY funnier than it should have been, and I apologize....

Now I shall continue laughing....

Good! Laughter was the aim. I was imagining something like this:

tumblr_malov9KrL01qjaa1to1_1280.jpg

I would like to remind you, for the record, that this is how I see myself during Shark Week. 

Hahahahahaha!!! Koaladle you have an awesome way with words! Always look forward to reading these posts!

Now with all this discussion of chocolate I want to make some of that yummy sounding coco and watch Chocolat (one of my most favourite movies of all time!) (insert happy sigh)

• Like 2

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

Oh gosh this all had me snorting when trying to drink coffee.  I forgot to mention that teeny tiny bit of salt I often leave out.  The hubby insists it is needed but he is also dumping sugar into his as well.  :0  First time kiddo made it she did not tell me it had absolutely no sugar so I was not expecting the flavor I was hit with.  Feel free to make it extra rich.  

• Like 2

I took some time off here due to fighting a cold. Other than a fever and mild sore throat it appears I have escaped unscathed.

11JAN

Moderation: Pretty okay. I think.

Movement: 10,172 steps! Unfortunately ran out of time, but intended to do yoga.

12JAN

Moderation: NOT GOOD. Cheezits are the devil. The delicious, yummy devil. Fluids were good, though!

Movement: Started getting sick; HH grounded me when he felt my forehead that night.

13JAN

Moderation: Foods went really well! Was snaking on veggies when I got hungry and avoided silly carbs like a champ. Drank a ton of fluids.

Movement: Occasionally shifted rumpus in a cozy chair.

14JAN

Moderation: Veggies yes, fluids not so much; I had over 6 liters the day before, so the thought of drinking any more was completely abhorrent. 

Movement: Minimal; last day of sick time.

• Like 2

I took some time off here due to fighting a cold. Other than a fever and mild sore throat it appears I have escaped unscathed.

11JAN

Moderation: Pretty okay. I think.

Movement: 10,172 steps! Unfortunately ran out of time, but intended to do yoga.

12JAN

Moderation: NOT GOOD. Cheezits are the devil. The delicious, yummy devil. Fluids were good, though!

Movement: Started getting sick; HH grounded me when he felt my forehead that night.

13JAN

Moderation: Foods went really well! Was snaking on veggies when I got hungry and avoided silly carbs like a champ. Drank a ton of fluids.

Movement: Occasionally shifted rumpus in a cozy chair.

14JAN

Moderation: Veggies yes, fluids not so much; I had over 6 liters the day before, so the thought of drinking any more was completely abhorrent. 

Movement: Minimal; last day of sick time.

Good work even though you were sick. Sounds like your body just needed the rest. Excellent job with the food and liquids though! Hope you're feeling on top of the world soon! Till then... Have another cup if tea :)

• Like 1

Love the movement description for the 13th!  That made me laugh.  I bet you are bouncing back since you got plenty of rest.  

• Like 1

ABORT ABORT ABORT

Woke up this morning and threw off the covers, grumping about it being too hot. HH flumped an arm over me, lifted his head and and grumbled, "you're clammy. Take the day off." About an hour later, I realized how excessively right he was. So, I'm hanging out with the dog and husband; teapot, carrots, and cucumbers close at hand for snacks. So far, so paleo. :-)

sick%20koala.jpg

Anyway, I'll spend the afternoon daydreaming about our imaginary homestead and munching on the food that I'll grow someday. 

• Like 3