Welcome back :) glad to hear you're safe and healing

• Like 1

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

11FEB16

Diet: I had two colors of bell peppers, three colors of carrots, strawberries, and two bananas, making yesterday a magical nutrition rainbow. Despite Shark Week (BRUHAHA) I have kept the crap food down. I have a sweet love affair with chocolate right now but it's under control. 

Movement: So lazy yesterday that HH gave me rides on his chocobo all over Central Shroud, marking an all time low of being to lazy to walk around a video game. Today will be better though--pinkie swear.

• Like 1

It was one of those quests where you can see your destination as soon as you pick it up, like the "learn how to emote" quest. Seriously, it was outrageously lazy. BUT! I went on a nice long walk with the bud today, and when I do it a second time tonight I'll make the step goal easy. :-) Now is time for Netflix and yoga before dinner. :-)

• Like 1

that-awkward-moment-when-you-say-hi-to-y

Haha!! That little guy is both cute and creepy at the same time :D

Koaladle, keep at it!! Even though the journey can be hard at times you're still making forward progressing! Keep believing in yourself! You know we do!!

I know the struggle (as I type while lying down knowing I should be on my feet and working out...)

Cheers!!!

• Like 2

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

Hope the past couple days have been amazing!  Hey for each day you hit your goals give yourself 30-60 extra game time on that or another day...you can bank them for a mega game day even.  ;)

• Like 2

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Hope you had a great weekend and valentine day with your hubs! Not too much chocolate I hope...

Chocolate is totally under control at this point. I'm looking at my food and making good decisions instead of massively gorging on all the things like a bear in the fall. 

that-awkward-moment-when-you-say-hi-to-y

Finally back, and caught up! Sorry to hear of your loss, but happy to see that you are getting back on track!

(Seriously for me, I would not be so on track after that long of a road trip.)

I am fighting hermit mode as best as I can. The last few days I've been getting to at least 3,000 steps in addition to getting my Domestic Ranger on. I'm not super happy with the step count but I've been working on increasing the count

and managing my time to make sure I meet the goals.

15FEB

Movement: I was on my feet all day in the kitchen but somehow didn't manage to make the step goal, even with pup walking. I did about two seconds of yoga and fell asleep.

Diet: Pasta e fagioli sans the pasta with extra veggies. It is super delicious, and literally every ingredient counts as a vegetation point. I've found that having a handy, single serving meal ready for me in a tupperware makes it a lot more likely that I'll make sure to eat something good when I don't feel like cooking. Dinner was chicken teriyaki with homemade sauce which was totally gawdawful. HH thought it was fine, so that is allllll him.

16FEB

Movement: Somewhere over 4,000 steps with DR.

Diet: Soup for breakfast and lunch, and Brazilian steakhouse for anniversary dinner! :D

• Like 2

I've found that having a handy, single serving meal ready for me in a tupperware makes it a lot more likely that I'll make sure to eat something good when I don't feel like cooking.

So much this... as I'm sure you've seen I'm a full on, die hard supporter of this idea.

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Haha!! That little guy is both cute and creepy at the same time :D

Koaladle, keep at it!! Even though the journey can be hard at times you're still making forward progressing! Keep believing in yourself! You know we do!!

I know the struggle (as I type while lying down knowing I should be on my feet and working out...)

Cheers!!!

Oh, the struggle. I'm getting a lot better, but there's always progress to make. :-)

Your goals look good. Maybe it's just me, but you sound much more focused on making you a priority. I'm cheering you on.

I am, actually. I like going on walks and I have this fight with Traitor Brain to make the time for it. We got a couple new family health bombs when we went back to California and HH really got to see that Mom's whole family is focusing on well-being as a priority. He's getting used to having veggies all over the place and makes sure to keep me honest.

Hope the past couple days have been amazing!  Hey for each day you hit your goals give yourself 30-60 extra game time on that or another day...you can bank them for a mega game day even.   ;)

AWWWWW GEEEEEEZ those mega game days sound dangerously, disastrously fun. :D

• Like 1

I disappeared again, I know.

girls-swing.gif

I spent most of last week curled up in a ball, finally falling apart under the stress of the past year. I escaped to the internet while the apartment turned into a cesspool of dirty dishes and laundry. HH would come home and gently prod me into the land of the living, but it wasn't until Sunday that we had a talk where I freed my over-thought anxieties and guilt. The bearded one immediately dispelled my low opinion of myself with a flurry of affection and reassurance, but warned that should I continue to neglect my responsibilities it would start wearing down his patience--a fair thing, I think, when you haven't had home-cooked food for a week.  The next morning, he gave me a list of chores and, wonder of wonders, I managed to make excellent headway. By Tuesday, I started going on walks instead of waiting on household appliances on my rumpus. This morning, I'm back into the pre-trip routine with a mostly clean home. 

tumblr_n43t78WMbt1twd37to1_500.gif

For next month, I think I'm going to keep the same goals for movement, but I'll bump up the steps to 7,000 per day. I still need to work on getting Activity #2 done as well, but I may include Domestic Rangering so long as I'm working for four hours or more. That way, I don't end up feeling guilty that I didn't do yoga after folding 5 loads of laundry or finishing meal prep for the week

Anyway, I'm going to make it a priority to get on NF and post about my day. It can be really difficult to do when all you have to say was "wallowed in sadness, ate Nutella on spoon because we're out of bread" but fess up I shall. 

b2db8867f45a551d593b512d7074c248.jpg

• Like 1

We all have bad days, bad spells, so this is nothing to be ashamed of! Disappearing is probably on a list of "not great things to do to yourself" somewhere, so maybe just make a goal to update us a set # of times per week.

And I personally have a list of "bad day chores" that take all of 5 minutes total that if I startle at bedtime to realize I didn't do ANYthing, I can do it quickly and at least have that small amount done. For me, it's folding/hanging 10 laundry items (I suck at this, you may not, so i always have laundry that could be put away), or reviewing/shredding 10 pieces of old mail (this also builds up on me). It takes almost NO time and helps lighten my load a little, and makes the day feel less like a total nothing.

(And there's nothing wrong with the occasional nothing day.)

• Like 1

Glad your back, was ging to ask yesterday actually how you where doing... Must of sent the vibes another day.

You've been through a lot, and having time to allow yourself to fall apart and then having you husband help you back up. Sounds pretty good.

Also like the ideas that ixarea has, I personally on my really bad days get up ever 20 minutes (or hour) to just be able to stretch my body and give my butt a needed break! Give you luck!

• Like 1

We all have bad days, bad spells, so this is nothing to be ashamed of! Disappearing is probably on a list of "not great things to do to yourself" somewhere, so maybe just make a goal to update us a set # of times per week.

And I personally have a list of "bad day chores" that take all of 5 minutes total that if I startle at bedtime to realize I didn't do ANYthing, I can do it quickly and at least have that small amount done. For me, it's folding/hanging 10 laundry items (I suck at this, you may not, so i always have laundry that could be put away), or reviewing/shredding 10 pieces of old mail (this also builds up on me). It takes almost NO time and helps lighten my load a little, and makes the day feel less like a total nothing.

(And there's nothing wrong with the occasional nothing day.)

I really like that idea about little chores. Maybe cleaning the bathroom counter or ensuring HH's socks aren't hanging from the ceiling fan. They don't actually end up there, but I have been amazed at the places they've ended up. BUT ANYWAY 

Glad your back, was ging to ask yesterday actually how you where doing... Must of sent the vibes another day.

Probably! :-) I'll hop over to your thread to see how you're doing. <3

• Like 1

25FEB

Movement: short on steps due to uncooperative dog (he did NOT want to heel, and the constant yanks ended up bothering my knee).

Food: Ate veggies in soup (YAY), avoided silly carbs in non-coffwatea beverages. Not a lot of water today, but I have filled my classy decanter and I'll polish that off tonight. It is the classiest water jug of all time. :D

• Like 2

MARCH CHALLENGE

With the weekend coming up and a VA appointment on Monday (cue anxious heaving) it's that time again for the month's quests.

Movement: Step count of 7,000 with the additional movement of one of the following: yoga, strength training, gym time, or Domestic Rangering. For DR to count, I must spend at least five hours doing housework and I can't use this more than twice a week. I figure that limiting the number of times this is used will ensure that I make the most of those days, provide ample time to finish up chores, but avoid creating a scapegoat. 

Moderation: Four different veggies, and at least three servings every day. I'm going to start tracking water again because that seems to be the way to make sure I stay hydrated. It's not that I started drinking lard shakes with extra corn syrup, but I didn't do a very good job of drinking fluids either.

Motivation: This is new! I have noticed in the last week that my days are a lot more productive if I have some kind of social interaction. The irritating thing about being an extroverted hermit is that I'm damned if I people and I'm damned if I don't. Fortunately, this world wide web and cellular telephone world provides me with ample opportunity to talk to family and friends whether or not it's a Pants Day (to clarify, that means "waist-down clothing that is not appropriate for a gym, i.e. jeans, dress, skirt, but not yoga pants, sweat pants, PT shorts etc). POINT BEING the goal is to reach out to three people every day. Maybe we have a long talk, maybe they just get a quick text that they're loved but I need to keep in touch with the people who mean the most to me. Besides, making sure I'm healthy is hugely motivated by the people that I love, so it's a task with nothing but reward. 

So, in list format:

1) 7,000 steps

2) Yoga, strength training, gym time, or Domestic Rangering

3) Four veggies, at least three total servings

4) Two liters of water

5) Contact 3 friamily members every day through the phone, computer, or snail mail (it needs to be mailed to count).

It's a relief to leave February behind, so I'll just start this challenge now, at 1500 EST on 26FEB. WHOO!

• Like 1