Sounds like a nice, relaxing day might help you beat the sickness for good. Keep up the good eating, when you are sick it is so tempting to eat the bad stuff.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I AM BEING SORELY TEMPTED. 

homersimpson15.gif

HH is craving cheap Chinese food, especially because we can get it delivered and it doesn't require dishes (which I may or may not have completely ignored for the duration of this crud). Believe me, I know that it's an absolutely terrible idea to eat rich, super salty food while fighting an upset stomach but somehow it manages to be difficult to turn down.

Homer-saying-mmm-the-simpsons-36890480-2

I convinced HH that we have plenty of food in the fridge, so the crisis is technically averted--but I am super hungry and nothing we have sounds good. >.> I am also always down for egg rolls and bourbon chicken with an abundance of rice, no matter how terrible I will feel afterward. Being good can be awful.

200_s.gif

But good I shall be.

homer-simpson.jpg

I MAY BE HUNGRY, BUT BETTER OPTIONS WILL BE CONSUMED.

• Like 4

Haha love all the Simpson references :D Homer is the king of bad decisions!

You on the other hand are pushing through splendidly! In fact you're making me feel bad about some of my food decisions today... Now I want to prove that I can be good too :) but the sugar cravings are the worst :S

I know what you mean about being full... But Chinese always makes me feel so bloated too. Been awhile since I had a meal like that... Hardly miss it now.

For me... Tea and bed.

• Like 1

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

Haha love all the Simpson references :D Homer is the king of bad decisions!

You on the other hand are pushing through splendidly! In fact you're making me feel bad about some of my food decisions today... Now I want to prove that I can be good too :) but the sugar cravings are the worst :S

I know what you mean about being full... But Chinese always makes me feel so bloated too. Been awhile since I had a meal like that... Hardly miss it now.

For me... Tea and bed.

The occasional treat is fine, though! Sure, you had a brownie today, but it looks like you've really gotten your sugar management down. :-) Last night at dinner, our waitress surprise ordered me a boba tea and it was awesome that a desserty-thing was a treat. I think that's really the point, though; junk food should be no more than a treat. For a lot of us, it used to be a given.

Point being: you aren't treating that brownie as a given. It was a special foodstuff for funsies which is a totally appropriate and moderate way to consume that brownie goodness. :-)

I think your stomach will be happy with that decision.

It was. Lady Hawk mentioned the bloating and I just thought, "oh gross, I remember that.... no thanks." 

• Like 2

15JAN

Moderation: snacked on veggies all day, had tea, and though dinner wasn't the best thing in the world (thin crust frozen pizza) it was leagues better than the other HH option. Also, we have no good koalaty soup for sick marsupials as it has all been consumed. We'll stock up again at the next sale.

Movement: lifted arm to pet dog, rolled over while napping

• Like 2

just crazy posting on my part..so my first post was not complete and came through my accidental second post was supposed to be my first post and then my third post not seeing the incomplete first was mistaken by me to be the double post but it was the triple post.  Confused?  I am.  LOL

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Read your movement from yesterday and snorted again.  Kiddo looked at me like I was nuts.  Too funny.  :)

I would say dinner was a better food choice than the other option.  I am sure you are ready to stop feeling like this...

gollum1-thumb.jpg

...and crawl out of your cave.  :)

• Like 2

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

Feel better!!!!

Chinese and Pizza are tasty...but...I always feel terrible after eating chinese and try to remember that. 

I forget from time to time ;-)

• Like 2

In Pursuit Of...Life, Love and Happiness

Level 2 Amazon

[sTR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 2 | WIS 6 | CHA 6]

Weight Loss from 225 to 175

20%
20%

Inch Loss Goals 2016: 20 Total Inches (Hips, Waist, L Bicep, L Thigh): 

7.5%
7.5%

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Character Page

Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Not sure if lazy or just really needed to sleep, but I got over eight hours last night, took a six hour nap, and am looking forward to an early bedtime. HH said his crud went the same way mine has; if continued in this vein, I have a lovely morning of gastrointestinal distress to which I can look forward. Joy. 

That said, I'm not letting myself off the hook for the movement goal. It isn't intense and I'm worried that if I don't get off my butt soon it's going to grow roots. What a terrible shame, a koala with a tree for a bum.

Better to be a koala with a lightsaber.

Koala.jpg

16JAN

Movement: To be edited at midnight

Moderation: Slept through breakfast, lunch was a bratwurst from an honest-to-goodness butcher (HH was horrified that the only sausage I'd ever had came from a plastic package--and goodness alive, is it better) and green beans; dinner is pork chops, potatoes, and the green beans I didn't finish with cucumbers that managed to escape my munching yesterday. Water has been low, but then again I've been sleeping almost all day. Will probably reach two liters, but just barely.

EDIT: carrots were bending and the green beans did not want to be reheated, so I just have lunch green beans and the potatoes for the veggies. I had all the fluids needed, and made it to 5,000 steps. Now, for the sleeps!

Now that I've said "cucumber"...

a selection of strange fan art depicting Benedict Cumberbatch as things he is not.

06924eb115da6f05034ca69f991e76d725e4c615

Benedict-CuCumberbatch.jpg

cwqRBO7.jpg

• Like 2

Phhffft!! Ahahahahaha!!!! Ok those pics got me :D

LMAO!!

Glad you're on the mend! And you'll be even better once you get moving and feeling even more yourself over the next couple days. Good that you got rest, but good that you're getting back to it again to :)

Sending happy vibes and thoughts your way!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f6/98/c0/f698c012507ad4500769516267d80386.jpg

(Again... No computer :( so you'll have to translate that one!)

• Like 2

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

I just got off the phone with my mom. Her dad, who very suddenly fell ill, was given about two weeks. It's hitting me pretty hard that I can't be there to give him a hug and say goodbye. I asked Mom to give him my ship blanket (it has the crest of USS Last Ship; he was really proud when I joined the Navy and about busted when I was stationed on that particular vessel), and he seemed pretty happy about getting a "Koaladle hug". This is going to be the third funeral in less than a year for that side of the family; my mom's only sister, then her mom, and soon her dad. My mom is holding herself together remarkably well, but I'll be flying out next month because hugs are better in person.

I'll hit the 5,000 steps before bed and call it a night. HH was a superhero--he went out to grab food and instead of coming back with what he wanted to get (read: 2,000 calories with the bag fries alone), he brought black bean soup and a couple of sammiches from Panera. Plus, he helped with the dishes so that I could focus on getting the laundry done, and I am proud to say I'm almost finished folding everything. I was really active on the DR front, even though my fitbit would argue otherwise.

Anyway, I may not be particularly chatty for a while. Of the three family tragedies this year, this one is hitting the hardest. I allowed bitterness between my grandma and myself to go on for too long, which in turn interfered with having a relationship with my grandpa. Over the last few months we talked almost every week, but I wasted too much time being angry. 

But I guess it isn't all bad.

64506340647062F011_zps33ce467b.png

He won't feel like this for much longer.

• Like 2
  • Like 1

So sorry to hear all that is going on.  Your HH does deserve superhero status.  He made a point to bring you foods that are more nourishing than junk even though being down makes it so much easier to go for crap not caring.   5K steps despite what is going on and coming off being sick is something to feel good about.  You need to chat/vent don't hesitate to lament what you need to in our pm.

• Like 1