waterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I need to get on that, myself. I tend to forget about it all day, then chug a lot at night b/c I'm thirsty, then wake up peeing all night long.

MEEEE TOOOOOOO! In January, I started the day with a full teapot and then BOOM as long as I finished it I was already halfway through the goal by lunchtime. 

26FEB

Movement: Movement has been suspended until tomorrow as I needed to be near a bathroom all day (gross). I have no idea what got me this time, but it seems like I've gotten sick at least every other month since it got cold. I mean, it's not even cold at this point; it's Mildly Uncomfortable at worst.

BRAG BRAG BRAG

6358624612493626551350080682_winter-boot

Moderation: Fluids and food have gone hand in hand today; I just had a bunch of chicken noodle with bread (RAT diet for sick days, ya know?) and as soon as I finish this pot of tea I'll hit my goal for the day. I would guess two servings of veggies today but there were carrots, mushrooms, celery, and bamboo shoots.

Speaking of bamboo shoots, the greatest dust cover of all time

Lynne_Truss,_Eats_Shoots_and_Leaves,book

Motivation: I contacted two friamily members today. :-) 

• Like 1

I think I just ate something disagreeable, because I'm better today. We got a bunch of chores done, but unfortunately had to head home before grocery shopping for a Comcast appointment, so.... Taco Bell it was. :-( I kept my order modest and didn't get soda, so I think I handled it okay. HH was getting major hunger grumps and I was following his lead, so fast food was the easy option.

Meh. :/

• Like 1

Your goals for March look good. Glad you're feeling better.

Thanks to my overuse of the dollar menu specials at the fast food restaurants a few years ago, our kids shout no to the fast food chain suggestion. Now our "fast food" when we're out and about is lunch meat (either turkey, ham, or salami), cheese, and baby carrots. We pretend that we're eating tacos by using the lunch meat as the shell. Sometimes we'll add other sides, but I figure the protein is probably the best option for fending of the grumbles of starvation.

• Like 2

Druid - Assassin - Adventurer Level 18

Challenges: [Current
[18} [17] [16] [15] [14] [13] [12] [11] [10] [9] [8] [7] [6] [5] [4] [3] [ 2 ] [ 1 ]

With eyes bloodshot and a head full of fog, I brewed the coffee and made husband breakfast. The microwave slammed shut about the same time that my head hit the pillow. The distant echos of "I love you, sweetie" were answered with the faintest grumble wishing a good day as I nestled back under the covers.

cat-face-5-636x600.jpg

Which is when the landscapers arrived.

o-GRUMPY-CAT-KITTEN-570.jpg

I've had a terrible week of sleeplessness, so I've trudged through the days with reluctance. I've tried limiting screen time and tea consumption before bed, but despite my greatest efforts I don't wake up until the lights go out. It is immeasurably frustrating, not to mention it keeps the handsome bearded one up as well. My daily activities have been limited to grinding the cutest lil lalafell that ever diddunwas, talking to framily, and making food; the up side of all this is that I've been militant about what I eat. If my movement is going to be limited to my mousepad, I might as well put the effort in elsewhere. 

I'm embarrassed to say that was a major revelation.

So, as I grump here at the dining room table I make sure of a couple of things: I eat produce, meat, and minimal dairy; I avoid silly carbs; and I keep the Brita filled so I can drink when I'm thirsty rather than settling for the faster option in juice. Over the last week I've seen a 2 pound drop, which is a huge deal. If I can't do everything, I'll do what I can really well.

Over the last 5ish days:

Moderation: We've been good about eating our groceries (from the meat-and-produce-only store, which has cut our bill in half) since we got them on Sunday; I skipped fast food breakfast and lunch on one busy day in favor of an apple in the morning and sushi later on. When we went to see "Deadpool" we skipped the concessions, and today at lunch I skipped the sandwich half of "soup and sandwich" when HH came home for lunch. Slowly but surely I'm realizing that just because I cook something, I don't have to eat it. Just because there's an opportunity for Special Edibles, I don't have to order anything. MAGIC.

Movement: Really low, associated with not having slept properly all week. I know that once I get a good night's sleep I'll pop right back up. It was immensely gratifying that the doctor I talked to on Monday agree that sleep was a better solution to being stressed than pushing it, drinking a lot of caffeine, etc. Because the issue is less about lazy than it is about a stress disorder, pushing my tolerance too often can lead to more harm than good. THEREFORE I resolve to quit the guilt-tripping and do what I can well. Sometimes that's 15 foot walk so Heimdall can pee, sometimes it's helping neighbors move.

Motivation: I have done a lot of framily contact in the last few days, which has been the interaction needed to get me in the kitchen cooking the things. I'm naturally extroverted, but it can be hard to reconcile my need for people with my (temporary) loathing of going out to see them. This phone call/Skype/text thing is such a good idea, plus my mom is a BIG fan of the hour long chats. :-)

• Like 2

It's all 80 / 20 in my eyes, baby!

Diet vs Exercise, one of the commandments of the Rebellion. Diet is 80% of the game vs Exercise (20%).

Keep gaining points on the place where you can get them most easily. Again the 80-20 rule, score 80% points with 20% of the effort. If you are at that 80% it will take you 80% of effort to get to those last 20%. Focus on the first 80.

Am i making any sense?

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

That makes total sense. :-) I've been doing really well this week focusing on my food intake, especially because it is something I can do well no matter how little sleep I get. There has been a major improvement with what's coming into the house since finding our new grocery store; I can't eat crappy food if it isn't around. :D That is one upside to being a hermit--I won't walk a mile to the places selling the deep-fried corn syrup lard sundae.

Pretty please with a bacon on top?

ee1bf0bbcb344c76ac141cf199ae9f45.jpg

Strawberries make an outstanding snack, squash is easy to serve with leftovers, and soups do a great job of using up anything left over from the week. Earlier today, the handsome one was hungry and we still had an hour till dinner; ants on a log were the order of the day.

03MAR

Moderation: Haven't consumed any silliness and we have a meal plan for the week that I think will do us fine. I had water and I'm drinking tea!

Movement: I went on a walk today. I got outside and kept going until Heimdall was pooped (so a third-ish of the goal).

Motivation: I dropped my flip phone and now it's dead. :-( I will be inheriting my husband's phone when I'm eligible for an upgrade later this month. I am chatting via husband's facebook as we speak, however.

• Like 1

Go to easy healthy snacks that are low in calorie are great tools~ For me it is usually sugar snap peas (expensive, but I love the texture of them), oranges, apples, those instant miso soup packs (feels like a BIG snack, but it's a TINY snack), diet hot cocoa (meh, not awesome, but not awful), frozen banana blended with full fat greek yogurt and a little cocoa powder (or even a packet of diet hot cocoa) for a kinda fake ice cream, salt & peppered tomato slices, balsamic cucumber salads, fancy spicy pickles, seaweed sheets (mmm wasabi flavored ones)

I must have tried every low cal fake brownie/cake recipe in the universe too. Some weren't awful, some even kinda too the sweet tooth edge off, but seriously, I never met one that worked well. :/ If you do, pass it on! lol

• Like 1

If the south has taught me anything, it's that good gets better when deep fried.

This...had fried butter yet?

Go  here.

Damn...got me all hot and bothered. Thought it would come up as being the place a mile from you, and I'd be there tomorrow during my errands.

...a week

XD 

j/k but that looks like it'd be worth the pain just once

Oh absolutely, I might even take that pain a few times.

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Bravo on doing well with the food issue! Eating healthy, cooking healthy, all with a fuzzy head... That's impressive.... yup impressed.

And my gallbladder and colon both agreed havoc will happen if I eat that thing with bacon... Though my alternative of course would be a Devil's Brownie at a chocolatier...  which of course is so much better xD

• Like 1

Go to easy healthy snacks that are low in calorie are great tools~ For me it is usually sugar snap peas (expensive, but I love the texture of them), oranges, apples, those instant miso soup packs (feels like a BIG snack, but it's a TINY snack), diet hot cocoa (meh, not awesome, but not awful), frozen banana blended with full fat greek yogurt and a little cocoa powder (or even a packet of diet hot cocoa) for a kinda fake ice cream, salt & peppered tomato slices, balsamic cucumber salads, fancy spicy pickles, seaweed sheets (mmm wasabi flavored ones)

I must have tried every low cal fake brownie/cake recipe in the universe too. Some weren't awful, some even kinda too the sweet tooth edge off, but seriously, I never met one that worked well. :/ If you do, pass it on! lol

I mostly eat carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers for quick snacks, but I added the celery, apples, strawberries and mangoes this week. I knew it was going to be that time for the NEEDING of all things sweet, so I figured fruit would be a good thing to have on hand. I, too, love pickles. I may or may not be a total pickle snob, which is among the weirder things to be snobby about.

Speaking of pickle snobs,

tumblr_static_screen_shot_2013-05-05_at_

this lady proves there is a Tumblr for 

everything.

...a week

XD 

j/k but that looks like it'd be worth the pain just once

Definitely worth a try. The menu at this place looks like it's worth a trip to Tennessee. 

This...had fried butter yet?

Damn...got me all hot and bothered. Thought it would come up as being the place a mile from you, and I'd be there tomorrow during my errands.

Oh absolutely, I might even take that pain a few times.

Fried butter? No. Sounds like there should be variations for honey butter though! :D

If a place like that were close to the apartment, I would be rolling over there ALL THE TIME. ROLLING, I TELL YOU!

Bravo on doing well with the food issue! Eating healthy, cooking healthy, all with a fuzzy head... That's impressive.... yup impressed.

And my gallbladder and colon both agreed havoc will happen if I eat that thing with bacon... Though my alternative of course would be a Devil's Brownie at a chocolatier...  which of course is so much better xD

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

• Like 2

SO I JUST DID MATH AND IT REVEALED MAGIC. 

If I continue the weight loss I started at the beginning of this challenge, I might be able to hit my pre-depression weight of 185 by my birthday in June. This means no cookies, breads, soda, fries, deep fried ice cream with triple chuck cookie dough, syrup, and bacon on top, but it's not outside the realm of possibility! If progress is slow, I can still get below 200 which means I can wear my fancy schmancy jeans again. 

BEGONE, DEMON OF BAKED TREATS!

3Qi9cun.png

ALSO BABIES.

2bdd07bcf7df30218d5225653587e3c160a31d4e

• Like 2

You got dis!

I think I did best when I began with a hard nope on "bad" foods, then eased up when the cravings lessened and grabbed one really sinful thing once every two weeks (I probably do it twice a week now, though it's a LOT HARDER on macros omg). I would have one eat-at-maintenance day a week where I'd squeeze in bad things.

Look, I'll be honest, I had a few sundays where my entire intake was a pint of Ben & Jerry's. lol

Not wise, but I got my damned ice cream

• Like 1

You got dis!

I think I did best when I began with a hard nope on "bad" foods, then eased up when the cravings lessened and grabbed one really sinful thing once every two weeks (I probably do it twice a week now, though it's a LOT HARDER on macros omg). I would have one eat-at-maintenance day a week where I'd squeeze in bad things.

Look, I'll be honest, I had a few sundays where my entire intake was a pint of Ben & Jerry's. lol

Not wise, but I got my damned ice cream

I have tried similar things in previous months, but to no avail. I think I might be a cold-turkey-or-bust kind of human. When I went through a really bad patch five years ago, that was how I quit drinking; I didn't buy it and I didn't go places where it was sold. Since our new grocery store literally only has whole foods, this will not be horribly difficult to achieve. I just need to be good when we run errands, which reminds me I need to chop fruits and veggies tonight..... We're going to have quite day tomorrow and since I'll be stress eating anyway I might as well be nervously chomping on veggies. Gentlemen, this is why ladies need big purses! FOR THE VEGGIES! 

....but if we're going to be super honest, there are plenty of times that I've just used my pretty reusable grocery bags in lieu of a purse.

adult-pagespeed-ce-ka4eh-ij38.gif?w=370&

I eased the heartbreak of a college friend by purchasing cookie dough, two pints of ice cream (Central Valley of California may not have much, but it does have outstanding ice cream), a 12 pack of rootbeer, and all her favorite girly movies (courtesy of a Blockbuster going out of business). We gorged all weekend and had the most glorious, monumental sugangover of all time.

All that meat and no potatoes.

04MAR

Moderation: I was up all night again last night, so sleeping half of the day pretty much destroyed my fooding--so I compensated with black beans, a lot of onions, and garlic for taco night. Not stellar, but it was a sillycarb-less day. I woke up really thirsty, so I've been guzzling water for the last couple of hours. I'll make sure to stop before water curfew, though. 

Movement: I did a decent about of chores, but I have to wait on the weekend to be able to use the laundry for cheap--the elevated power hours don't apply on the weekend, so it made good sense to let that sit for today. I cleaned up after dinner so I wouldn't have to worry about it in the morning. :-)

Motivation: Messaged two buddies today. No reply, but one is on the other side of the world and the other is probably eating dinner. 

Tomorrow is going to be a long day with ample opportunity to eat horribly, so here is what I need to do tonight to ensure all goes smoothly:

-Ready the kitchen for HH to make breakfast. That goes a lot more smoothly when the pans he uses are out, the turners are available, and the potato product is de-frosted.

-Fill up the water bottles so we have something to drink

-Set the coffee machine

-Take a shower; I take a looooooong time to get ready because I have three feet of hair on my head, so if I'm tired in the morning I may run late if I need to shower, comb out my hair, let it dry, put it up, etc etc etc.

-Set out husband's clothes; this sounds reaaaally silly, but he's a zombie in the morning and has expressed a lot of appreciation for his outfit being put together for work.

-Chop veggies; I boredom and stress eat so I need to make sure I have healthy food at hand

Off I go to do the things!

• Like 1

Today was LONG. My wonderful little flip phone died, so I adopted my husband's old phone and let him use my very unwanted upgrade. That alone took several hours, AND my phone isn't even usable because it somehow is not connected to the network. 

*sigh*

Anyway, I didn't end up cutting up veggies because I prioritized mending my jeans; there was a pretty big hole ripped by the belt loop and at the moment it is my only pair of jeans. SO

I forgot the water as well, and we were both totally aggravated on the way home. Instead of holing up and buying all the pizza, we opted for Vietnamese food. I ate a bunch of veggies, and had nothing fried--a miracle for the level of grump achieved. Water was consumed this morning before we left, forgotten for chores, and guzzled at dinner. 

All in all, not a bad day. The best option around was chosen and I managed to have a date night without bread. O.O

05MAR

Moderation: Ate really well! A little under for veggies but we missed lunch. No bread, fried stuff, boba tea, or other nonsense. 

Movement: Did some walking but mostly waiting. Blegh.

Motivation: I wrote a bunch of letters to my buddy who is deployed, and while they don't count for right now I won't be able to mail them until Monday. EFFORT WAS THERE!

• Like 1