09JAN

Moderation: Did avoid unhealthy choices by skipping a donut run, eating moderate portions, eating two veggies, drinking my fluids, and limiting PMS chocolate (two pieces--HH has been policing the junk food for me).

Movement: Unknown step goal--forgot to put the Fitbit on my cozy pants when we got home, but I was at 1600 steps by 09 so it's still better than when I started. Did not do second form of exercise due to cramps and nausea. I'm going to bed three hours early instead (and will be sleeping, because if I'm going to pull an under-the-weather card, I won't just lounge around watching TV all night).

This is going to be a bit of an off-week, but if I can do the step minimum and stick to the dietary changes, I will be satisfied.

My relationship with others.

98e162bc2bd455604935d584877651fe.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you! Ice Cube is amazingly talented--rap artist, actor, driving instructor...

Yeeeeeeees!! I just love the Conan - Ice Cube - Kevin Hart Car rides XD Best one is the one with the Lyft car though ^^

Haha, awesome that you know those :D

• Like 1

Beren Calanor

Human Ranger - Level 1

STR 1,5|DEX 0,75|CON 2|STA 1,5|WIS 2|CHA 1

Challenge: 1 2

Character

:ph34r:"I have heard it from the mouths of the Edema Ruh, so I know it to be true." :ph34r:

THE MONTHLY BOSS FIGHT

6358207366938311061913551519_icecream.gi

I'm going to be realistic this challenge about what I'm going to be able to do for the next week (oh my gosh and I hope not longer uuugghhh). My goals are going to be simple and, frankly, baseline what an adult female should be able to manage. I hate to admit it, but I've gotten wimpy since I left work; I was still able to get my job done during the day and I kept the fetal position thing for once I got home. So, my tasking will be as follows:

tumblr_mm10crMQry1qava0mo2_250.gif

jk But for realies...

Every day I must: walk 5,000 steps, eat 2 veggies per day, drink 2 liters of fluids per day, and clean/tidy one area of the apartment. A single serving of chocolate or crapsnack can be consumed once a day, but the binging of junk food is prohibited. 

(I know I just did a thing--I actually allowed the consumption of junk food. Unfortunately, the Menses Monster has built up years of expectations and needs to be defeated gradually. I plan to use these single servings to lull her into a false sense of security.)

• Like 3

Think of it as Trader Joe's sophisticated Aunt Beatrice, who spends a quiet evening with tea and cross stitch. HH has promised that we can go back to that store (or another similar) for our veggies from here on out. The farmer's markets down here are expensive, but I will do some looking and see what I can find. I mean, the store down the street is fine for eggs and dairy, but for meats and veggies? I'll go a few extra miles.

So much better than their bagged rivals.

afR22CC.png

Walking and yoga are yet to be done, but it's still early. 

From what I can tell, the Orange Park Farmer's Market isn't bad. You could come take a look at that, since it's on the "poor" side of town. :-)

Next one is Feb 7th, and I might be there selling stuff.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

No kidding! I will be sure to suggest it for that week's shopping! :D I've been to three different markets in the downdown-ey area, and the veggies didn't look like they were very good plus they were pricey. I haven't been to the Orange Park market, though.

Yay...you can come buy some pens. :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Believe me when I say that pens are on the list, but unfortunately not at the moment. I do, however, have one friend pursuing a doctorate, and another gearing up to take the CA Bar sooooooo fancy pens will be the order of the day. In a few months.

By the way, do any of your relatives have any reason to go to the Atlantic Beach post office? I looked at your store and one looked like a pen someone let me borrow to address a letter a few years ago. IT WAS WEIRD.

Believe me when I say that pens are on the list, but unfortunately not at the moment. I do, however, have one friend pursuing a doctorate, and another gearing up to take the CA Bar sooooooo fancy pens will be the order of the day. In a few months.

By the way, do any of your relatives have any reason to go to the Atlantic Beach post office? I looked at your store and one looked like a pen someone let me borrow to address a letter a few years ago. IT WAS WEIRD.

LOL... my dad's only been doing this for a few months. So no, but he does buy the material so someone else could have done something similar.

• Like 1

My first challenge

Way to go on passing up doughnuts and a candy bar disguised as coffee. I was hit with shark week too this week, and decided the same thing, that there must be some chocolate in my life. Love how you talked to your husband, and shared with him why you want to lose weight and cut down on the junk. Having a giant jar of Nutella, and not eating the whole thing, that is beyond a mere mortal's will power

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

BsSKBaiIUAAzM-0.jpg

Shark Week, Day 3: It was not a resounding success food-wise, but HH hasn't resorted to Nutella-on-toast and I haven't even considered Nutella-on-spoon. Did less than admirable food choices happen? Frozen pizza for lunch, soda during the day, and potstickers for dinner--but not even close to the cornucopia of horrors from a few months ago. I'm not totally pleased with my quest progress today, but I will give it another go in the morning. As for a workout, I completely spaced on wearing the Fitibit, but since I've been bumping around the apartment I highly doubt the step count is high. I'm going to do a little yoga before bed just to maintain the habit, but I'm definitely not going to push it. Shark Week is a particularly difficult time for me, and sometimes getting by with minimal fights and survival is about all that gets done. 

Funny story: HH said "I like this food because it's warm" and I started crying. 

I hope to one day look this good in tight pants

bored-facepalm.gif

I'll take the boots, too.

Moderation: Managed better choices than expected, but not stellar work by any means.

Movement: Minimal, but will follow through with at least ten minutes of yoga (I promise that won't include corpse or child's pose).

• Like 3

Love the Boss Fight for the month.  Sometimes you need a total rest day so call it that on Sunday.  Did you get yoga completed?  

Hope today is better for you than this poor kitty...

70f70e618b6dde62e575eb0fa3751ff2b2420d7b

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Oh hai!  You are hiding in the battle logs!  Do you have a challenge going this round too or just hanging out over here?

HIIII HOPE YOU ARE WELL!

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Love the Boss Fight for the month.  Sometimes you need a total rest day so call it that on Sunday.  Did you get yoga completed?  

Hope today is better for you than this poor kitty...

70f70e618b6dde62e575eb0fa3751ff2b2420d7b

No, unfortunately. I crashed out unexpectedly while replying to someone. -.- But today I feel amazing, so I'm going to push it and see where I go. :D

Oh hai!  You are hiding in the battle logs!  Do you have a challenge going this round too or just hanging out over here?

HIIII HOPE YOU ARE WELL!

I am running a new challenge for every month; I don't like switching logs, so my homepage will link to each month's challenge. Updates are in the color-of-the-month. January is this teal. I participate in the challenges as far as encouraging others and all that, but my timing is kinda off and my location is mysterious-ish. You can always find me in my signature at "current challenge", which will lead you right to the part of the battle log where that month starts. :-)

Way to go on passing up doughnuts and a candy bar disguised as coffee. I was hit with shark week too this week, and decided the same thing, that there must be some chocolate in my life. Love how you talked to your husband, and shared with him why you want to lose weight and cut down on the junk. Having a giant jar of Nutella, and not eating the whole thing, that is beyond a mere mortal's will power

OMG shark week... My craving for dark chocolate has also begun. And right when I need to focus on much less sugars. Like the idea of allowing some chocolate... We ladies seem to have a need for it now and then!

I REACHED 10,172 STEPS. I ATE THREE DIFFERENT VEGGIES AT DINNER. I DID CHORES. I TALKED TO MY MAMA. I DID NOT EAT ALL THE CHEEZITS.

I WAS A GROWN UP TODAY.

IT WAS DELIGHTFUL.

NOW i SLEEP.

Excellent! Love it!! And now I must sleep too

• Like 1

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

I was so tired by the time I did the step goal. It ended up taking a lot longer than I expected. I marched all the way through "Sicairo" and five episodes of "Mozart in the Jungle" and just barely made it by midnight. Had it not taken so long, I was going to throw down some yoga on top of the heap, but it was not to be. 

That said, here is the official update for yesterday:

11JAN

Moderation: did make good choices by limiting junk food, snacking on veggies, drinking fluids, and eating three veggies at dinner. We have some leftover green beans, and I will put those in the oven to warm them up for lunch.

Movement: Walked over 10,000 steps.

Boss Fight: Cleaned the kitchen, but then there was cooking so it will get cleaned again today.

• Like 3