I completed all of my stuff today, except for my water goal! I've only had 30oz, I think, and it's almost 6pm. I just haven't been able to force it down lately. I really just need to mix up more flavored waters and maybe that'll get me drinking enough again.

I feel so much better for having this day off. I hate that it's costing me $50, especially since this has been a bad money month, but otherwise I would have just been stressed out and crying at work.

Lita

Wood Elf Recruit | Level Zero

|| STR 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0 ||

|| Battle Log || Challenges: current ||

It is better to admit you need time, than push on and end up getting sick. I was surprised that you get fined for taking the day off, regardless of booking or not. Surely the fact that you are not getting paid is punishment enough?

You have done really well with your water intake. Slow and steady throughout the day has been working for you, you'll get that groove back.

Wait! What............?

I was surprised that you get fined for taking the day off, regardless of booking or not. Surely the fact that you are not getting paid is punishment enough?

Sadly, that's not how the club business works. Some places have fines for a million stupid things, my club just has this one. (We also have to pay to work, ranging from $3 to $100 at my club, depending on what time you start. Those are the downsides to being an independent contractor.)

Thanks for the motivation. I used to drink about 100oz of plain water a day, but now I'm just not thirsty.

Lita

Yesterday was crazy. There were almost no girls at work, but we had a group of guys in tipping very well at the stage, and later a guy did a bunch of dances with me because he had just come to Wisconsin for work and I was good conversation and he decided I deserved money for my conversation. Downside, there were tiny specks of glass or something on the stage, and we were all getting cut up while doing floor work. I ripped three thigh highs, bleeding on two of them, and have tiny cuts all over my knee and one of my arms. Another girl cut herself so badly (twice) that I actually had to break out my locker first aid kit for an antiseptic wipe and bandaids. But hey, at least I made a nice chunk of money.

Right after work, I changed, washed off and reapplied normal makeup, and Erik and I went to his mom and step-dad's place for Christmas Eve dinner. It was loud, fun, and went on way too late. No one else there had been up at 6:30 and on their feet since, so I was having migraine auras (that I get sometimes when I'm exhausted and slightly dehydrated, even though I don't get migraines) and was altogether cranky. But I got some handmade soap and some fuzzy socks and little things like that, and Erik's mom gave him some clothing gift cards and a pot/pan set, which we really need.

Today, I think I'm going to skip yoga this morning. I slept in until 9, which for me is scary late, and I have too much to do today to worry about it. Depending on how I'm feeling tonight, I might do some later in the evening.

Lita

Christmas! My potatoes au gratin are in the crockpot, my little gift for my grandma is wrapped up, and the present for the gift exchange is wrapped. I'm giving my grandma a little jar of homemade cinnamon applesauce that Sarah and I made and canned ourselves. I used to make applesauce with my grandma all the time, so she'll be so happy.

• Like 2

Lita

I tried to type a little update yesterday, but the laptop ate it all and I was too busy to retype everything, so here's a post-Christmas update:

Christmas Eve dinner with Erik's mom and step-dad and brother/his girlfriend and step-brother/his wife/their two daughters, etc. went really well, but I was exhausted. Erik's mom gave me two bars of homemade soap (which brings the total I've gotten this year up to three bars), a new loofah, two little candles, and some cute fuzzy socks. Part of her gift to Erik was a gift card for Men's Wearhouse, which means I can force him to expand his wardrobe, which is stupidly small for a 30-year-old.

Christmas Day, Erik went a visited a few of his family members in the early afternoon since our official plans were at the same time, and then he and I hauled ourselves up to see my family, which was so much fun. He finally got to meet the last of my family, and my cousin and his wife brought their two-week-old son, who was adorable and sleepy.

The day after Christmas, Erik and I drove two hours to see more of his family, hosted by the grandparents I still hadn't met, though I knew everyone else there. We got totally lost once in the city, but managed to find their subdivision and we spent so much time there that the whole group had lunch, snacks, and dinner there.

I haven't worked out all holiday, and it's been a few days since the last time I did yoga, but I don't feel upset about that. I'm planning on restarting the glute challenge so I can stay on track, and Sarah has agreed to do the 30 Days of Yoga series by Yoga With Adriene with me starting in January. Plus, the new 4-week challenge schedule means that it will be ending on my 26th birthday!

Also, today I spent $50 at Ulta... Oops. At least it's all stuff I'll use at home and at work. Like beautiful glitter eye liner. Ooooooh...

• Like 1

Lita

Posting this here to be ready for when the challenge forums go live. May make some tweaks before the challenge starts.

Introduction: This is my first challenge! You can read my Battle Log here to learn more about me and my daily life, but the basics are that I'll be turning 26 on the very last day of this challenge, I'm a fitness blogger and a photographer, I work as a stripper, and I was a dance major back in college. I'm hoping that this challenge will keep me on track for working on my flexibility, which I've tried to improve for years but always let fall by the wayside pretty quickly. I'm also mostly recovered from disordered eating behaviours, so my goals may be a bit more vague than others because I don't let myself focus on calorie or weight numbers.

Main Quest: Feel better, physically and mentally, about myself and my body by the end of winter.

Quest 1: Do at least 20 minutes of yoga or stretching a day, at least 4 days a week.

Measurement:

• A = 4 days a week
  • B = 3 days a week
  • C = 2 days a week
  • F = 0-1 day(s) a week

Quest 2: Drink at least 8 cups of water a day, averaged weekly.

Measurement:

• A = averaging 8+ cups a day
  • B = averaging 6+ cups a day
  • C = averaging 4+ cups a day
  • F = averaging less than 4 cups a day

Quest 3: Increase upper body strength by doing 20 push-ups a day of any variety.

Measurement:

• A = do push-ups 7 days a week
  • B = do push-ups 5+ days a week
  • C = do push-ups 4+ days a week
  • F = do push-ups fewer than 4 days a week

Life Quest: Go to two dance/aerials/fitness classes during the challenge. I want to try new things!

Measurement:

• Pass = do 2+ classes during challenge
  • Fail = do fewer than 2 classes

Motivation:  I felt fantastic in college, my ED notwithstanding. I did yoga, Pilates, and numerous dance classes, and I ate more vegetables than I do now. I felt powerful, I was strong, and I miss feeling that way. I've always wanted to be a superhero-type person, nimble and agile and good, all while caring for myself and the people around me.

• Like 1

Lita

I'm bugging Erik to buy himself a lunch box and a large food thermos. Right now, it's easy packing him a breakfast and snack for work, since there's a fridge and a microwave, but he doesn't have those things at school. I'd love to be able to pack him stew, or put warm taco meat in a thermos and pack him tortillas, stuff like that. I just want to cook!

• Like 1

Lita

Woke up this morning with a sore throat. I knew it was coming, since Sarah is sick, but it's still annoying. I had a mug of echinacea tea with local honey for breakfast, and I'm going to make sure I get lots of good food and vitamin C today. I have too much going on to allow myself to lounge around forever. So now I'm going to do some gentle yoga and then get started with my day.

Lita

Sarah and I just got a Magic Bullet (and accessories) and another small slow cooker (bringing us to one big one and two small ones) for just $15! It was totally worth driving out in the disgusting snow and sleet for that kind of deal. The Magic Bullet means I can make single-serving protein and weight gain smoothies for Erik without dirtying up the big blender.

There's still a lot of stuff I wanted to do today, but the winter storm is putting a hold on a lot of the things I was going to do since I don't have a car.

Lita

I feel like poop today. Most of yesterday I had a terrible headache, and neither food nor water helped it. I had a hard time falling asleep, and then I couldn't get back to sleep when Erik left at 4:30am. I am so sore and so tired and my throat hurts and my nose has now started to run. I need to go out and shovel the sidewalk, and then I think I'm going to take it easy today: do some laundry, eat some delicious food, and do gentle yoga.

Lita

Or, you know, I'll spend an hour shoveling snow so wet that water is running off my shovel. At least it's done. Redid the back walk, the front walk, and the porch stairs, and did the sidewalk and the walk along the side of the house. I deserve a long, hot shower now.

• Like 2

Lita

So sick. I hate how illness always hits me like a semi truck. It goes from a little bit of a sore throat to all-over aches, a headache, a runny and stuffy nose, and exhaustion in less than 24 hours. I really wish I hadn't had the last of the echinacea tea yesterday morning, because that stuff always works wonders for me. At least I have a single dose of daytime cold medication in my locker at work so I can make it through the day. All I need to do tonight is take a bath, drink some more water, and go to bed early.

Lita

Holy crap was today bad. My upper back was sore from shoveling snow, the snow meant that the poles at work didn't spin (eliminating the ability to do any tricks), I'm still super sick (though Erik picked up DayQuil for me), and my stomach hurts and I'm achy all over and I'm so bloated.

The only thing I've eaten today is a few mini bagels, so I'm gonna go make some dinner. The cold meds will not do well with an empty stomach.

Lita

Some DayQuil, some melatonin, and 7 hours of sleep (not even close to enough for me) and I'm feeling alright. Not great, but better than yesterday. Tomorrow I'm working well before dawn, and hopefully it'll be busy since we're having a party at work. But that means I need to get all of my stuff done today.

• Drink 90oz water.
  • Do yoga.
  • Foam roll out my upper back.
  • Shovel out the back parking spot.
  • Pack my work bag for tomorrow.

Lita

I've done nothing at all today! And that's okay. I've had almost 60oz of water, plus an Urban Detox drink from Function because they're delicious, I haven't had one in years, and they always helped me feel better. (And no, it's not, like, a detox. Detoxes are scams.) I'm cooking an aloo matar wrap right now, but I haven't eaten enough today.

I've been attacking my cold hard. A spoonful of local honey, zinc and echinacea gummies, water, etc. I hate feeling so run-down and loopy.

Lita

New Year! I'm still sick, but getting better. The first challenge on 2016 started today, and I already have my push-ups done for the day. I'm going to bus up to the mall today and pick up a planner, both to keep track of work and personal obligations, and to organize stuff for my blog. I want to do more monthly themes and events this year, and a planner will really help with that.

My roommate and I have pretty much given up on doing yoga every day this month, mainly because the videos we were going to use are 30-50 minutes long, and we don't always have overlap time that long. I'm still doing yoga 4+ days a week for the challenge, so that's okay.

Lita

Yesterday was a total shit show. Stripper gods, let today be better. Please, for the sake of my sanity.

At least my yoga practice is paying off. My challenge goal was to do it at least 4 days a week, but yesterday was actually the first day all week I didn't do anything. My alarm went off for my morning yoga before work, and I just couldn't bring myself to get up. I had slept poorly, so I needed the extra half hour. But on Thursday, I was able to touch my forehead to my knees on both legs while doing a standing pyramid pose thing. I haven't been able to do that in years!

Lita

Yesterday was fun. I needed to pick up bird food for Reginald, and then Erik and I went shopping. We've never really gone shopping together. We went to browse at the board game store (which was playing the first song from Swan Lake while we were there...), then hit up Old Navy for new underwear and socks for him, American Eagle (nothing caught his eye there), and H&M, where we got some more shirts and amazing burger slippers for him. We went into Barnes & Noble, where he got a couple books for school and bought me a baby goat calendar and I got yet another book on FLDS, which I love reading about because I'm a weirdo.

My 4-week challenge is going great, and this week at work I get to see one of my friends for the first time in a while because she's on winter break right now. I can't wait!

I'm also trying to ignore the fact that David Bowie passed away, because I can't handle that right now.

Lita

Today I made no money (a whopping $25 for an 8-hour shift), cried in the dressing room, teared up on the bus, and sobbed once I got home. I am having a rough few days. But at least I'm on track for my challenge goals once again.

Lita

I am so sore this morning! Yesterday at the club my friend and I were practicing stuff, then I had a really nice girl help teach me a really pretty pole trick. But everything we were practicing were intense upper-body work, and now I'm sore from bicep to bicep, sore all across my back. Can't wait to do some yoga and stretch this out.

Lita

I haven't had a good night of sleep in a couple nights, and I'm really feeling it. But I dragged Erik to the grocery store, so I actually have yummy food again! I just made a big batch of pinto bean and rice burritos, eating one for dinner and freezing 7 of them for the future. We also got bread so I can keep making Erik sandwiches for lunches, because they're so easy and he'll actually eat them.

Saturday I had yet another girl at work tell me that I've lost weight. We haven't worked together for probably two months, and she was blown away. I still don't see it, but that's years of looking at yourself with hatred, I guess. Work's been really good lately, to the point that I have all my bills and rent paid for February already and I still have plenty of cash left over to go get a new pair of shoes for work. (And that's not frivolous, the sole is tearing off of one of my current ones. Ugh.)

Also, I've started writing and selling erotica on the Kindle store. I figure I always write anyways, I might as well write something that I can churn out fairly quickly and make some money from. My second story should be going live tonight or tomorrow. Whoo hoo!

Lita