Hey Crossfitters/Rangers/athletic multipotentialites - 

So the lifting forums have leaderboards for major lifts. Can we start a leaderboard for a "benchmark" WOD, like Fran? Instead of body weight, we could put the "weight performed," from Scaled to Rx'd+. I threw Fran up there just 'cause I know that several of you throw down with her semi-regularly, but any other suggestions  would be welcome. 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I think the chosen girl/benchmark should be one that's free of weight fluctuations. No sense in a Leaderboard if people have various times and various weights, unless there's a formula like Wilks for lifters to make everything comparable. That said, I'd suggest one of the following:

"Mary" AMRAP (as many reps as possible) in 20' of 5 Handstand Pushups, 10 Pistol Squats, 15 Pull Ups

Tricky, as there can be variation in the HSPUs (strict vs kipping). I would assume the Pull Ups can be kipping

"Cindy" AMRAP in 20' of 5 Pull Ups, 10 Push Ups, 15 Bodyweight Squats

Again, assuming the Pull Ups can be done with kipping

"Annie" 50-40-30-20-10 of Double Unders and Sit Ups

DUs are tricky. Won't help with participation

"Angie" 100 Pull Ups, 100 Push Ups, 100 Situps, 100 BW Squats for time

Ouch. Just, ouch

Lvl 58 Multitasker

I like the idea of using Cindy

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

Could use something like a spreadsheet to comment on your scaled options, something like:

"Fran"

Rurik the Ranger - 7:00 - 95# - Jumping Pull-ups.

For example.  That wasn't my last "Fran," just for the record.  ;)  I have a spreadsheet on Google docs that I use to track all of my preeminent lifts and other benchmarks.  It's a useful companion to my training log for measuring progress and monitoring PRs.

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I think the chosen girl/benchmark should be one that's free of weight fluctuations. No sense in a Leaderboard if people have various times and various weights, unless there's a formula like Wilks for lifters to make everything comparable. That said, I'd suggest one of the following:

"Mary" AMRAP (as many reps as possible) in 20' of 5 Handstand Pushups, 10 Pistol Squats, 15 Pull Ups

Tricky, as there can be variation in the HSPUs (strict vs kipping). I would assume the Pull Ups can be kipping

"Cindy" AMRAP in 20' of 5 Pull Ups, 10 Push Ups, 15 Bodyweight Squats

Again, assuming the Pull Ups can be done with kipping

"Annie" 50-40-30-20-10 of Double Unders and Sit Ups

DUs are tricky. Won't help with participation

"Angie" 100 Pull Ups, 100 Push Ups, 100 Situps, 100 BW Squats for time

Ouch. Just, ouch

As a general rule, unless a CF workout specifies the type of pull-up (strict, L, chest-to-bar, etc), it is assumed to be chin-over-bar kipping pull-ups.

I think Fran would be a good benchmark. Easy-to-access equipment and a good balance of bodyweight and resistance. Cindy would also be good for the simplicity. I think there should also be some hero WODs included, such as Adrian, Wittman, or Hammer.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I think regardless of which benchmark we chose, we would have to have a scaled version as well as an RX'd to make it accessible for everyone. Even for Cindy, there are people who CF who do banded pull-ups or don't have the RoM for a full squat. Too bad there aren't Wilkes points for CF! 

As a general rule, unless a CF workout specifies the type of pull-up (strict, L, chest-to-bar, etc), it is assumed to be chin-over-bar kipping pull-ups.

I think Fran would be a good benchmark. Easy-to-access equipment and a good balance of bodyweight and resistance. Cindy would also be good for the simplicity. I think there should also be some hero WODs included, such as Adrian, Wittman, or Hammer.

As to pull-up types, I agree. 

All 3 of the hero WODs you listed look great. Maybe we could choose one as a challenge every year? As many times as you wanted throughout the year, keep an annual running tally of everyone's best times/rounds+reps. 

• Like 1

I am a Fran heater, but i'm proud of my 5:47 4:48 in Fran!! (95 lbs)

I think I did the wod like 5 times, but remember two old times. My first one, when i was starting, the time was like 13 minutes (and with 85 lb). Next, I tried with my best, and get 8:37 (95 lbs). But a week ago, viewing some guys breaking the record, i thinked that I can check how am i with Fran (To break 1:49 looks IMPOSSIBLE!, but that not my objective. Fran it's like, massacre for me! (I had atshma, and cardio it's my largest weakness). So, do 21 thrusters unbroken, do 16 pullups, next 5 pullups, and I was done!. But, in the end, 5:47. So that's why i'm proud of my time :D. I think that i can get better scores, if I keep working

EDIT: Today (Feb 3) I had new record :), now its 4:48

• Like 2

Hawkhack the Ranger
"Bits and Pounds for the win!"

My personal website: http://www.acifuentes.cl
My NF Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/62088

Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/78158-hawkhack-action-log/