HALLO!

My name is Bre and I'm a 24 year old librarian lady (sans bun) living in Georgia who likes to read and pet basset hounds. :)

Fitness has always been a part of my life in one form or another.  I was a dancer for 15 years, a tumbler for 6 years, played volleyball for 2 years, and beach volley for 1 year.  The toll that dancing took on my ankles and knees and the bad lung capacity I was given as a baby-child has contributed to the fact that I really can't bike, hike, run, jog, jump, or anything that involves me breathing quickly or heavily for long periods of time.  

Now that I've been out of college for a year and a half, it's time to start concentrating on my health.  The stress of college took a toll on my mental and physical state and I had to concentrate on getting my mindset in a healthy and positive place before I could take on anything else.  Since I've managed to get a hold of that part of my life, I feel like I am ready to move on to creating a more positive body image for myself and to be proud to look in the mirror.

I will be doing the 6 Week Challenge starting in January and I think my main goal will be to lose 15 lbs. by adjusting my diet and following a workout regime that may increasingly help my heart and lungs get stronger.

My three smaller goals within that larger one are to 1.) Follow a strict Paleo diet with 1 Cheat Day, 2.) Create a week-to-week workout plan alternating strength training and reparations days with 1 rest day different from the cheat day, 3.) To begin practicing Yoga to help anxiety and clear the mind.  I have been using ASMR videos to calm myself down every night and my Leaf to practice deep meditative breathing exercises but I believe that Yoga may work wonders for my mind and spirit.

I am trying to build habits because habits are what work for me.  It's very difficult for me to self motivate and gyms are a car wreck for my nerves so I will be trying my workouts at home with my Basset baby while updating on here regularly.

A side quest I think I may take on is to get my sleeping patterns on a regular schedule.  I can go from one extreme to the other when it comes to sleep.  Waaaaay too little or waaaay too much.  Figuring out my sleep schedule and then seeing what time working out works best for me will help tremendously.

I'm so excited to join this community.  I will probably be joining the Academy in a couple of weeks once I get my bearings on my workout life.

First things first...tomorrow...BEFORE PICTURES dun dun dunnnnnnnn!!!!

Minalo Stoutarm

My Rebel Intro

Base Character: Deep Halfling

Desired Class: Druid

Level: 0 I STR 0 I DEX 0 I STA 0 I CON 0 I WIS 0 I CHA 0 I

My Battle Log

Challenges: 1  

Weight Loss

206--->145 (At 197 as of 1/28/2016)

13.5%
13.5%

Welcome to the rebellion!

That's a lot of changes you are planning. From someone who has crashed and burned a few times: prioritize your goals. In your case, diet would be the main one considering your main objective. When you try to make many changes at once, it's easy to slip on one and give up on everything. By making one change the top priority, it makes it ok to slip up on the other ones until you have firmly established the habit.

Build your nest with care, and your eggs won't fall to the ground. :D

Good luck! Keep us posted!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Welcome to the rebellion!

That's a lot of changes you are planning. From someone who has crashed and burned a few times: prioritize your goals. In your case, diet would be the main one considering your main objective. When you try to make many changes at once, it's easy to slip on one and give up on everything. By making one change the top priority, it makes it ok to slip up on the other ones until you have firmly established the habit.

Build your nest with care, and your eggs won't fall to the ground. :D

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Yes, you are quite right.

Hmmm, I will review and revise.

I haven't found anything that has worked for me yet, so I'm assuming this is probably what I did before.  Took too many things on and when one fell apart, they all did.

Thanks for the wise advise. :D

Minalo Stoutarm

My Rebel Intro

My Battle Log

Weight Loss

13.5%
13.5%

Yes, you are quite right.

Hmmm, I will review and revise.

I haven't found anything that has worked for me yet, so I'm assuming this is probably what I did before.  Took too many things on and when one fell apart, they all did.

Thanks for the wise advise. :D

Quite welcome you are, young padawan. yoda.gif

;)

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Re: taking it slow, have you read this NF article?

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/01/15/how-lego-and-minecraft-will-help-you-get-in-shape/

I've always been one to want to do ALL THE THINGS, but having this in the back of my mind always reminds me how to do things right and sustainable for the long run. ^______^

WELCOME and good luck in January, you got this!!

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Re: taking it slow, have you read this NF article?

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/01/15/how-lego-and-minecraft-will-help-you-get-in-shape/

I've always been one to want to do ALL THE THINGS, but having this in the back of my mind always reminds me how to do things right and sustainable for the long run. ^______^

WELCOME and good luck in January, you got this!!

Wow.  Thank you.  I hadn't read that article but thank you for recommending it.

It makes sense in my brain to start with one brick; one decision.

It also makes sense to begin internally, for me.  To get my diet and mind right so I can be on the right path to exercise.  

I feel the love. <3

• Like 1

Minalo Stoutarm

My Rebel Intro

My Battle Log

Weight Loss

13.5%
13.5%

Welcome.

Personally, I've found that making both healthy and non-healthy choices start a perpetual wheel.  If I eat right, I feel like exercising more.  If I eat poorly, it's much easier to convince myself that I deserve a day off.  The inverse (starting WITH working out) has the same effect, so even if your put your main goal in the proverbial sights, other things tend to follow suit on their own.  It's just far easier to keep up with a singular focus...although I too want to do "all the things, all the time."

Lvl 4 Mystical Taoist Priest

"All teachings are mere references. The true experience is living your own life. Then, even the holiest of words are only words." - Ming-Dao Deng

Challenge #1 2 3 4

Welcome.

Personally, I've found that making both healthy and non-healthy choices start a perpetual wheel.  If I eat right, I feel like exercising more.  If I eat poorly, it's much easier to convince myself that I deserve a day off.  The inverse (starting WITH working out) has the same effect, so even if your put your main goal in the proverbial sights, other things tend to follow suit on their own.  It's just far easier to keep up with a singular focus...although I too want to do "all the things, all the time."

Yes, I quite agree.  

I drove 8 hours today and was soooo good all the way home.  My mom cooked an apple pie and we did gingerbread houses and it took everything I had not to eat any of that because I knew that when I ate just one, I would want to shove everything in my gullet.

But I didn't do it.  Whoop. Thank goodness for that I Love Lucy marathon.  It saved me by distraction. :)

• Like 1

Minalo Stoutarm

My Rebel Intro

My Battle Log

Weight Loss

13.5%
13.5%