Bre's Search for her Shikon no Tama

Okay, so yes I am searching for my Shikon Jewel to give me power of body and power of mind.  It will take me a good while to find all of the pieces for my Shikon Jewel but, heck, I got all the time in the world, dahlin'.

I'm going to post my ALL-TIME Challenge proposal here first so I don't lose it: 

Introduction:  Hiya.  I'm Bre.  I'm a librarian in the deep south of the USA and that includes a lot of fried and greasy foods.  I enjoy finding a peaceful mind and doing activities that make my body feel good and make me proud of that feel-good body.  I love to dance and creatively express my feelings through dance but can't join a dance school because of monies BLEH.  I also like video games, reading, manga/anime, sewing, knitting, and crocheting. (So many hobbies, so little time) 

Main Quest:  Incorporate a fitness routine and change of diet into my daily life to create a healthy environment for myself and my future spawn.

Quest 1: Incorporate Yoga class into my weekly routine

-Do this Yoga routine twice a week

-10 minute walk on Saturdays with my Basset baby AKA The Beast

Quest 2Drink 123 fl. Oz of water a day (or adjust as needed) and remove processed foods 

-Can have one (1) reward drink on Saturdays before 10 minute morning walk if Mon-Fri workouts are completed

-Intermittent fasting

-Remove process foods from diet

Quest 3:  Incorporate meditation into morning routine and bedtime

-Meditate with crystals and align chakras before bedtime

Life Quest: To make more of an effort to spend quality time with my wife.  While we do work in the same place and live together, we don't make time for just sitting and talking.  We will keep our date night Fridays and will implement cooking every night to be our bonding time together.

Motivation:  I will be starting my Graduate degree soon and would like to have a healthy plan before life becomes way too hectic.

Plans are to begin January 4th which is the same day as Manga club at the library so we'll see how that goes.  It's a tad difficult to plan a routine around a schedule that is not a 9a-5p or anything equivalent but if I can get up early enough, I'll have plenty of time.  Being a night owl suuuuuuucks when you're trying to be a healthy morning person.

I'll be heading to Louisiana on Wednesday to spend Christmas with my family and hear how I should lose some weight and find a husband all while they stuff me with homemade stews, gumbos, and etouffee that I will portion and eat with water.  

AHA! I HAVE FOILED YOUR PLAN OF GIVING ME CLOGGED ARTERIES MUAHAHAHA.

I'm not sure when I will post here again.  Maybe when I've researched my Yoga regimen a little more and figure out what platform I would like to use as a teacher and/or guide. Let the researching of my librarian superpowers commence!

Minalo Stoutarm

My Rebel Intro

Base Character: Deep Halfling

Desired Class: Druid

Level: 0 I STR 0 I DEX 0 I STA 0 I CON 0 I WIS 0 I CHA 0 I

My Battle Log

Challenges: 1  

Weight Loss

206--->145 (At 197 as of 1/28/2016)

13.5%
13.5%

Alrighty.  Thanks to a couple of rad Rebels (Basement Cat and shaarawy <3 <3 <3) I have just gone out and bought my first Paleo meal ingredients! PERSONAL DING W00T!

My username is rather important.  First, I am Cajun.  "Well," you say, "what the hell does that have to do with fitness and diet?"

A LOT.  I grew up on burnt flour and vegetable oil over rice with some mystery meat in there...don't believe me?  Look up the core ingredients of a roux. My whole diet was this way and then when I got to college, I couldn't eat anything but fast foods.  I never learned to cook for myself.  Recently I began to learn to cook a gumbo or rice and gravy but it literally takes at least 2 hours to cook and I feel my arteries clogging.  Who has time for that?  Plus, my wife doesn't eat soupy things or any gravy over rice. WTH DO I DOOOO?!

Learn to cook.  That's what.  

For my first 6 week challege, I am taking one of my Quests from my main challenge and DOING IT...JUST DOING IT (Thank you cannibal Shia LaBeouf for motivation) which is......PALEO AND WATER BLAM BLAM BLAM.

I just bought the first ingredients for my first Paleo dinner tonight Chicken, Peppers + Artichoke by POAB because I like chicken and peppers and artichokes. :D

Alright.  Will let me know how I like my first meal. 

Minalo Stoutarm

My Rebel Intro

My Battle Log

Weight Loss

13.5%
13.5%

Alright.  So I tried the Chicken, Peppers + Artichokes recipe and boy was is YUM.  I would probably not put as much lemon because it was a tad too sour for my taste.  Or I may put more cayenne.

I can't eat black pepper because of stomach issues so I try to substitute all "pepper & salt" with "cayenne pepper and salt".  

It was pretty delicious but I still wanted some chocolate or something afterwards so I'm going to pick up some frozen fruits and vegs and possibly make a smoothie after wards to settle my sweet tooth/dessert.

Minalo Stoutarm

My Rebel Intro

My Battle Log

Weight Loss

13.5%
13.5%

Drove for 7 hours today to come home and brought along my Chicken, Peppers + Artichokes and by golly was it good as "fast food".

I didn't heat it up and I liked it a whole lot better room temp.

Got home and was bombarded by Cajun food, Apple pie, and gingerbread houses.  

I ate some meatballs over quinoa and brown rice with a bit of lima beans.  NO CANDY OR APPLE PIE FOR ME. And man that self restraint felt good.  I even rewarded myself afterwards with 10 minutes of interval training on my mom's treadmill and an apple. :D

Wasn't able to drink the amount of water I needed due to the fact I was driving and couldn't stop every 30 to 45 minutes to pee so I'm feeling a little dehydrated and sleepy but I'll drink a couple of glasses before bed and hopefully my body can recoop before tomorrow morning.  

Will be getting up early to do a little bit of a workout in my dad's work out room.  I brought my weights just in case. :)

I feel quite accomplished tonight and very proud of myself.

• Like 1

Minalo Stoutarm

My Rebel Intro

My Battle Log

Weight Loss

13.5%
13.5%

Yesterday caught up with me.  Family wasn't all about me doing a "diet" during Christmas so the pressure was on to eat cake and pie and all the gravy/gumbo/chicken I could.  Told them no so many times.  Ended up eating a bowl of gumbo with a slice of cherry pie and lots of water.  

Feel gross.

But, I did my 10 minutes of interval training and felt good.  May have brought my metabolism up a punch to break down that food a little faster and burn off some excess fat.

Still feel gross.

Gonna drink a big ol' glass-o-wata and hit the sack.

Have a long day of Christmas cheer to spread tomorrow.

Minalo Stoutarm

My Rebel Intro

My Battle Log

Weight Loss

13.5%
13.5%

Well, of course a wrench would be thrown in my fricken wheel and thrown me off course.

I came down with Strep.  Even though I'm feeling better, I have to take medication that makes me sweat like a beast and my diet is all liquid right now.

While that helps with weight loss, I'll have to respawn soon in my diet.  Blegh.

Minalo Stoutarm

My Rebel Intro

My Battle Log

Weight Loss

13.5%
13.5%

Okeeeeeey so, I've pulled up the courage from the deep deep depths of my sick/ill soul and took pictures of myself as before my first 4 Week Challenge.

By the end of this week I will have modified and edited my first post up top to be more Paleo focused with a little bit of exercise as I get over this sickness.

Since I have weak lungs, my body takes a little while longer than most folks to rebound back to being healthy.

(I have some pretty bad lungs due to complications at birth and because I was dumb in college and decided to smoke cigarettes for 2 years.  Also went through some pretty horrible annual bouts of pneumonia and bronchitis for about my first 10 or 11 years of life)

Measurements

Bust: 40.5 in.

Chest: 36 in.

Waist: 35.5 in.

Hips: 45.5 in

Belly: 43 in

Calves:

left: 17 in. 

right: 17 in.

Thighs:

left: 30 in.

right: 30 in.

Upper Arms:

left: 14.5 in 

right: 14.5 in

Weight: 204.6

Height: 5'3 (Wishfully hoping my bones will grow to make me taller and even out my weight...yeah yeah)

Pant Size:  US 14 or 16

Shirt Size: XL

So, I have a predisposition to larger than life thighs (thank you father) but I want to tone those bad boys up.  Also, I've always had to wear a belt with my pants, yay hips.  Posting pics below.....

1601c72f-ed4b-497e-92b4-d976f6b4821a_zps   543663a9-6322-463c-9a0d-14539ed90ca2_zps

That is The Beast down there.  She wanted to be photographed as well to show the world her beauty :D

Well,  that's the first time I've posted a full body picture of myself on anywhere. :X It's a little embarassing but I know I can better myself.  And this is just motivation to do so.

Minalo Stoutarm

My Rebel Intro

My Battle Log

Weight Loss

13.5%
13.5%