Depression, Anxiety and other mental illness...

Edited because I realized I posted this in the wrong depression thread. Sorry! My brain is coated in allergens and isn't working properly.

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

I can very much relate to the depression. For a number of months now, I have been essentially a hermit. I leave my apartment for class, work, and spending time with my boyfriend. Any chance I get, I want to sleep. Honestly, typing this instead of taking a nap is difficult in and of itself.

But I'm missing my friends. I don't want to bother them if they're busy, and my head says that if they haven't contacted me about hanging out, then they don't want to. The lad looked at me when I told him that and said, "Is that you talking, or the depression?" I still don't know what the answer is.

I find it honestly quite embarrassing, but trying to function as a normal human being is hard. Every week, I tell myself that this week, I'm going to shower every day. Every week, I look in the mirror and say "Eh, I look fine. I can shower tomorrow".

So, no success story here yet, but maybe this go-around with the Rebellion will stick with me.

So, no success story here yet, but maybe this go-around with the Rebellion will stick with me.

We're all here for you! Maybe there won't be an immediate success story, maybe it'll take a year, or two, or three, but keep persevering. Feel free to hit me up if you need someone to badger at any moment - I'm never busy, or if you want another push to encourage you to do something. But yeah, take it slow, one step at a time, and feel free to mourn and get angry at the step backs that you take - that's better than feeling nothing. Then use that emotion to fuel you and take another step forwards, and eventually I'm sure you'll reach your goal!

Panda  

Hobbit | Drifter | Level 3

STR 6 | DEX 5 | STA 2 | CON 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 2

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Training | Challenge 1 2 3 4 | Epic Quest

Hey all,

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I cannot find the original Anxiety and Depression thread in the forums, and reading this just made me realise that I am teetering on the edge and I am not really sure what to do.

I can't really say what this is due to or ask for specifics since I have somehow manage to cover it up for the past few months. I was actually just thinking yesterday that I was pleasantly surprised I was doing so well.

lol; the irony.

Perhaps someone would be interested in doing accountabilibuddies with people with the same issues? I may need to vent from time to time.

• Like 1

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

I can very much relate to the depression. For a number of months now, I have been essentially a hermit. I leave my apartment for class, work, and spending time with my boyfriend. Any chance I get, I want to sleep. Honestly, typing this instead of taking a nap is difficult in and of itself.

But I'm missing my friends. I don't want to bother them if they're busy, and my head says that if they haven't contacted me about hanging out, then they don't want to. The lad looked at me when I told him that and said, "Is that you talking, or the depression?" I still don't know what the answer is.

I find it honestly quite embarrassing, but trying to function as a normal human being is hard. Every week, I tell myself that this week, I'm going to shower every day. Every week, I look in the mirror and say "Eh, I look fine. I can shower tomorrow".

We are here for you!:D

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Hey all,

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I cannot find the original Anxiety and Depression thread in the forums, and reading this just made me realise that I am teetering on the edge and I am not really sure what to do.

I can't really say what this is due to or ask for specifics since I have somehow manage to cover it up for the past few months. I was actually just thinking yesterday that I was pleasantly surprised I was doing so well.

lol; the irony.

Perhaps someone would be interested in doing accountabilibuddies with people with the same issues? I may need to vent from time to time.

Maybe try to journal to help find the cause? If you've changed your eating habits, that could be the culprit. I know that in trying to get rid of bread from my diet has caused all kinds of mood swings.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Maybe try to journal to help find the cause? If you've changed your eating habits, that could be the culprit. I know that in trying to get rid of bread from my diet has caused all kinds of mood swings.

I doubt it is my eating habits - I actually had one of the best weeks ever after a month of counting down every single penny.

I don't currently have space in my schedule for journalist (which, after typing, I realise may be an indicator as to where my anxiety is coming from) but it this persists I will make time for it.

Thanks, I guess I really needed an calm perspective on this. :)

• Like 1

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

I wouldn't mind being an accountabilibuddy for stress/anxiety/depression-related stuff. I make a good ventilation unit.

The longest depression thread is here, but it's not official or anything. Maybe we should make an official psychological/emotional issues/illness support thread the way there are some threads dedicated to other things.

• Like 2

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!