Medieval Style Fantasy Recommendations?

My 13-year-old boy is obsessed with The Ranger's Apprentice series.  I think he's on his 3rd or 4th time through, and there's over 10 books in it.  I should probably read it sometime.

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. - Joan Gussow

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. - Cicero

Current Quest Previous 1 2 3 4 (formerly known as Twibble)

The Stormlight Archives by Brandon Sanderson

Beware though, they are hefty books! The first, The Way of Kings, tops out at 1280 pages. It's going to be a 10 book series and book #3 is due out this November.

It's an epic series based in a fantasy world with knights, a very unique magic system, politics and war. I can't say enough positive things about this author; all of his stuff is worth reading if you love fantasy!

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:19 PM, Twibbly said:

My 13-year-old boy is obsessed with The Ranger's Apprentice series.  I think he's on his 3rd or 4th time through, and there's over 10 books in it.  I should probably read it sometime.

I read the first two (what?). They were pretty good. Felt age appropriate (4th-8th grade I think is the target), yet still had older characters who interested me as an adult. My son is a little young for them yet, but I'll be urging him in their direction when the time comes for sure.