• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

[archive / outdated] CHALLENGE AND CLASS CHANGES AND UPDATES

UPDATED RULES AND GUIDELINES:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/76052-challenge-rules-and-guidelines-updated-112016/

After running the challenges for 5 years now, we’ve been watching goals and what has helped people be the most successful, we’ve decided to make some changes to best help people achieve as many of their goals as possible.  We've been watching what works and what doesn't, as well as working on some big things behind the scenes that we are super excited about and think you will be too.

So, without further ado, we're making the following changes for the first few challenges of 2016: 

1) CREATION OF YOUR NERDFITNESS CHARACTER:

In january, you’ll be able to create your Nerd Fitness character, avatar, put in your user story and have a public character page (for free!). You’ll be able to enter your challenge into our Epic Quest system, assign each item XP, enter in progress reports, and check off items as you complete them.

At this time, this system will have a separate username and password from the forums, however we are working on an integration to release later in 2016. However, you’ll be able to link to your new public profile page from the forums if you’d like.  (Note: the username and login will be the same as your Academy or Yoga accounts, if you have one - the forums are the last step to combine. If you don't have a Yoga or Academy account, you'll be prompted to create a NF account)

2) LENGTH OF CHALLENGES, BREAKS, AND DATES:

We are switching to a 4 week format, with a few days break instead of the 6 week format with a week long break. The goal of this is to encourage making smaller, more manageable goals, and a shorter time frame, and to work on developing habits over the four weeks.

The dates for the first three challenges of 2016 are:

• January 4, 2016 - January 29, 2016

• February 1, 2016 - February 26, 2016

• February 29, 2016 - March 25, 2016

3) EXAMPLE STARTER CHALLENGE:

Brand new to fitness, Nerd Fitness, or need some help getting started? Been a part of Nerd Fitness forever and just need some help respawning?

We’re going to be providing an example challenge that will include the goals that we think are the best way to get started, based on what we’ve seen work the best for rebels in the past.

4) CLASS/GUILD UPDATES:

We’re making some changes to the classes.

ADVENTURERS are officially now an exploring guild.  The description is as follows:

“Adventurers are brave souls who fear nothing and are always curious about what’s over the next hill or across the ocean. They are often found working diligently with their allies to help ensure that every adventure leads down the correct path, exploring and learning for the sake of others.�

If you are currently an adventurer and this does not describe you, we encourage you to pick a class that better coincides with your goals. The class descriptions for all of the classes can be found here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/75915-new-guild-descriptions-updated-12262015/

If you are currently another guild, and this description describes you - you're now an Adventurer :)

If you’re just starting out, or don’t want to pick a class, you are a REBEL.

MORE COMING, BUT THESE ARE THE BIG UPDATES AND CHANGES!

• Like 31

1) CREATION OF YOUR NERDFITNESS CHARACTER:

In january, you’ll be able to create your Nerd Fitness character, avatar, put in your user story and have a public character page (for free!). You’ll be able to enter your challenge into our Epic Quest system, assign each item XP, enter in progress reports, and check off items as you complete them.

At this time, this system will have a separate username and password from the forums, however we are working on an integration to release later in 2016. However, you’ll be able to link to your new public profile page from the forums if you’d like.  (Note: the username and login will be the same as your Academy or Yoga accounts, if you have one - the forums are the last step to combine)

So if you do not have an Academy or Yoga accouny you can just register without?

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the new four week challenges. I struggled trying to come up with manageable goals for six weeks...and the past two challenges I faded quickly. 

I think the new version will allow me to focus on one thing at a time. 

• Like 2

Thank you SpecialSundae and Syren (btw LOVE your forum name!), I really was stumped!

Now with my dilemma resolved, I'm really looking forward to these new changes!

4-week challenges sounds great, because I also struggle with losing steam towards the end. And character creation? I mean when was that ever a not great thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely like the shorter break between challenges.  Looking forward to seeing how the 4 week challenges workout.   Example/starter challenge option is an excellent idea.  

Adventurer describes me at the same time I am a Scout through and through.  :)

An exciting start to a new year!

• Like 3

I don't know why I'm so grumpy today, so take all of this with a grain of salt.

I'm honestly not sure what the point is of the new descriptions, since I'm guessing that so many people pretty strongly identify with whatever guild and will continue posting there even if they don't really fit.  It's why so many of the guilds have turned into catch-all, we-do-everything guilds.  

The Assassin's guild description probably shouldn't emphasize parkour, as no one there actually practices parkour.  On paper, I'm about as stereotypically Assassin as a person can be (parkour and rock climbing).  I left the Assassins Guild a couple challenges ago at least in part because no one was doing anything remotely similar to me, and I felt like I didn't fit in at all.  

I'm looking forward to the 4 week format, though!

• Like 7

I am liking the shorter breaks, and the shorter challenges have their advantages as well. 

I'm probably still going to be doing a twelve-week format, but four weeks is probably good for progress reports.

I don't think I've been doing it right for forever, but I think that maybe a "maintain good habits" category could be added.  (Basically you score how well you kept doing a good thing from a previous challenge, if you managed to make any good changes in a previous challenge.)

• Like 2