• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

[archive / outdated] CHALLENGE AND CLASS CHANGES AND UPDATES

Ohhhh, what's a little anarchy? We are Rebels after all... :)

Nothing wrong with it. Until it turns into something like the Hunger Games and only the strongest survive. Hence my coalition-building. I don't want to be the hero or the villain, I want to be that one character that just pops up every so often and makes you wonder why they're still around and how they've managed to survive this long anyway.

• Like 8

Simple and Sinister routine??

It is an introductory kettlebell book by Pavel Tsatsouline. The full version of the "Simple" routine is a short daily routine of three hip/shoulder mobility drills, five sets each of ten one-handed kettlebell swings, five turkish getups with each arm, and two stretches. All done pretty briskly, but at a controlled pace, not at top speed. From my perspective, the weight starts pretty heavy (for men, 24kg/53lb for swings, 16kg/35lb for getups) and you are supposed to work up to it by starting with five two-handed swings and taking your time on the getups. 

Review in forums on Mark's Daily Apple

Reddit comparison of the S&S routine to Pavel's "Program Minimum" from "Enter the Kettlebell"

Review on Pavel's StrongFirst site

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with it. Until it turns into something like the Hunger Games and only the strongest survive. Hence my coalition-building. I don't want to be the hero or the villain, I want to be that one character that just pops up every so often and makes you wonder why they're still around and how they've managed to survive this long anyway.

I can actually see a Hunger Games scenario happening with the way society is heading. That being said--I like the way you're thinking. :)

• Like 2

It is an introductory kettlebell book by Pavel Tsatsouline. The full version of the "Simple" routine is a short daily routine of three hip/shoulder mobility drills, five sets each of ten one-handed kettlebell swings, five turkish getups with each arm, and two stretches. All done pretty briskly, but at a controlled pace, not at top speed. From my perspective, the weight starts pretty heavy (for men, 24kg/53lb for swings, 16kg/35lb for getups) and you are supposed to work up to it by starting with five two-handed swings and taking your time on the getups. 

Review in forums on Mark's Daily Apple

Reddit comparison of the S&S routine to Pavel's "Program Minimum" from "Enter the Kettlebell"

Review on Pavel's StrongFirst site

Thank you. :)

Is there a guild leader for the Rebels or are we being left to fend for ourselves? I'm fine with either, but in the latter case I should probably start building a coalition for when the anarchy inevitably descends into madness.

If there does not happen to be one; you can look at past challenges and see the quests that Blaidd set for us there. I was a Rebel/Recruit then.

If there does not happen to be one; you can look at past challenges and see the quests that Blaidd set for us there. I was a Rebel/Recruit then.

I was thinking more along the lines of needing stickies with info and such. (Eg for people too shy to ask questions, or who just don't know who/where to ask) Minis could help too.
  • Like 4

I was thinking more along the lines of needing stickies with info and such. (Eg for people too shy to ask questions, or who just don't know who/where to ask) Minis could help too.

Minis are nice, but probably what's more needed is for people with NF experience coming alongside n00bs and offering support and guidance as needed. I'm the pot calling the kettle black here coz I could be reaching out more and paying it forward. A few gals really helped me jump in with both feet and stayed with me through my first forays into an unknown land. (Starsapart, Shadowlion, and Elastigirl have my undying thanks).

sent from my tiny particle accelerator

• Like 4

I can actually see a Hunger Games scenario happening with the way society is heading. That being said--I like the way you're thinking. :)

What about something more like aliens starting a Hunger Games - world by appearing, destroying military bases, then demanding we supply our best fighters to battle their fighter 1v1 in an attempt to prove our worth and be allowed to survive? Effectively picking us off one by one for entertainment.

What about something more like aliens starting a Hunger Games - world by appearing, destroying military bases, then demanding we supply our best fighters to battle their fighter 1v1 in an attempt to prove our worth and be allowed to survive? Effectively picking us off one by one for entertainment.

I don't believe in aliens. :)  Unfortunately, we are in a state of moral decay. People have very little respect for others these days. We are becoming more like Rome everyday. Sanctity of life (any kind of life) is no longer valued. I believe the time is coming where sacrificing people & animals for the sake of entertainment is not far away. Reality TV already exists and people cheer when the contestants that they don't like fail. I don't think I'm being unrealistic in my viewpoint.

I don't believe in aliens. :)  Unfortunately, we are in a state of moral decay. People have very little respect for others these days. We are becoming more like Rome everyday. Sanctity of life (any kind of life) is no longer valued. I believe the time is coming where sacrificing people & animals for the sake of entertainment is not far away. Reality TV already exists and people cheer when the contestants that they don't like fail. I don't think I'm being unrealistic in my viewpoint.

There is a South Park about how pop stars that crash are sacrifices for the corn harvest.

However, look at the difference in the commentators of Ninja Warrior and American Ninja Warrior. The Japanese one is about how hard people work, how far they got last time, and even if the fail early how they will try again next year. The American one's commentary is clearly wanting people to fail. The strangest part is possibly that the Japanese one is about how unbeatable it is, while the American one seems far more conducive to actually progressing. Although, perhaps that is it, that because it is unbeatable just trying becomes the only victory that is really attainable.

• Like 2

I don't believe in aliens. :) Unfortunately, we are in a state of moral decay. People have very little respect for others these days. We are becoming more like Rome everyday. Sanctity of life (any kind of life) is no longer valued. I believe the time is coming where sacrificing people & animals for the sake of entertainment is not far away. Reality TV already exists and people cheer when the contestants that they don't like fail. I don't think I'm being unrealistic in my viewpoint.

I had a long response to this on the topic of human nature and the nature of the world in general, but this thread isn't the place for it.

Perhaps it's a discussion for the off topic forum.

• Like 2

Is there a guild leader for the Rebels or are we being left to fend for ourselves? I'm fine with either, but in the latter case I should probably start building a coalition for when the anarchy inevitably descends into madness.

We are working on sorting out the guild leaders situation and figuring out where everyone wants to go with the changes.

• Like 4

I had a long response to this on the topic of human nature and the nature of the world in general, but this thread isn't the place for it.

Perhaps it's a discussion for the off topic forum.

I agree. :) I wasn't actually expecting it to turn into a lengthy discussion. I offer my apologies.

FYI EVERYONE -- > our server has been under  ton of ddos attacks since Christmas Day. This is why you may have been experiencing issues connecting to the site. Due to this, it may be later tonight or tomorrow for the character creation to go live. The team is working as hard as we can to get everything up and finalized!

Thanks for understanding :)

• Like 16

I agree. :) I wasn't actually expecting it to turn into a lengthy discussion. I offer my apologies.

No need for apologies, it would be an interesting discussion.  This just isn't the thread for it.

• Like 1

FYI EVERYONE -- > our server has been under ton of ddos attacks since Christmas Day. This is why you may have been experiencing issues connecting to the site. Due to this, it may be later tonight or tomorrow for the character creation to go live. The team is working as hard as we can to get everything up and finalized!

Thanks for understanding :)

What are ddos attacks?

• Like 2

ddos-attacks1.png

its when a huge amount of computers are requesting information from the servers and it bogs it down so much that they sometimes crash a server or 

the website goes down and the network is very slow. 

• Like 3

ddos-attacks1.png

its when a huge amount of computers are requesting information from the servers and it bogs it down so much that they sometimes crash a server or

the website goes down and the network is very slow.

So this is our fault? Too many people on the server?

No its caused by someone deliberately making hundreds of computers call for a website at the same time. It wouldn't be from regular network traffic. It's someone being childish and thinking they are a hacker just because they can bring a website down for a few minutes.

• Like 2

No its caused by someone deliberately making hundreds of computers call for a website at the same time. It wouldn't be from regular network traffic. It's someone being childish and thinking they are a hacker just because they can bring a website down for a few minutes.

As an Assassin, I vote we track them down and...

Just kidding...maybe. ;)

• Like 14