• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

NEW GUILD DESCRIPTIONS (UPDATED 12/26/2015 [and again 07/18/2019])

For EXAMPLE ACTIVITIES - these do not cover all activities someone of this guild would do, and you don't have to do all of them to be a member of that guild.

There is some overlap across activities - just because you are a warrior does not mean you can not do gymnastics (an assassin activity), for example.

Level 1

This is the guild where you complete your first NF Challenge.

REBEL

After finishing your first challenge in the Level 1 guild, you may not be sure which guild to pick. If so, this is where you fall. Many choose to stay with the Rebels guild long term, as it is a great place for people pursuing a healthier lifestyle. This outstanding guild is full of supportive people developing healthier habits, leveling up their fitness, and ironing out their nutrition.

* Example Activities: ANY

ASSASSIN

Every building can be climbed, every gap can be jumped, every obstacle can be conquered. Assassins spend most of their time training with functional body-weight exercises, as that's usually the only thing they need to lift. Gymnasts and parkour enthusiasts would fit into this category.

* Fictional example: Ezio Auditore (Assassin's Creed 2)

* Real-world example: Kacy Catanzaro of American Ninja Warrior fame; Damien Walters, professional stuntman, gymnastics coach, and free-running professional

*  Example Activities: Parkour, gymnastics, bodyweight strength

ADVENTURER

Adventurers are brave souls who fear nothing and are always curious about what's over the next hill or across the ocean.

They are often found working diligently with their allies to help ensure that every adventure leads down the correct path, exploring and learning for the sake of others.

* Fictional example: Indiana Jones, Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

* Real-world example: Les Stroud (Survivorman); Lewis and Clark, explorers

* Example Activities:  Hiking, Geocacheing, Travel, Exploration, Rock Climbing, Cave Diving....

DRUID

Druids spend a majority of their time training in the arts of yoga, tai chi, and other movement-based disciplines. Each movement has a purpose, and that purpose is to further improve the dexterity, agility, and strength of the druid.

* Fictional example: Lady Galadriel (The Lord of the Rings)

* Real-world example: Josh Waitzkin, Tai Chi Push Hands US champion and chess prodigy

* Typical Activities: Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditation

MONK

Monks can kick your ass with their fists and feet, and they can do it before you even know what's happened. Incredibly agile, lightning fast, and loaded with power, Monks specialize in martial arts to stay in shape and destroy the opposition.

* Fictional example: Neo (The Matrix); Beatrix Kiddo aka Black Mamba (Kill Bill)

* Real-world example: UFC fighters Georges St-Pierre and Ronda Rousey

* Typical Activities: MMA, BJJ, Karate

RANGER

A jack-of-all-trades, Rangers are well-equipped for any situation. You're good at strength training and pretty good at covering distances when required, but neither is a specialty.

* Fictional example: Jon Snow (Game of Thrones), Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games), Aragorn (Lord of the Rings)

* Real-world example: Rich Froning Jr., four-time winner of the CrossFit Games

* Typical Activities: CrossFit, General mixed training (running and lifting, for example)

SCOUT

Built for distance and efficiency rather than strength and power, you can outlast any animal on the planet. Your muscles are designed with endurance in mind, and you can cover great distances whenever necessary.

* Fictional example: Legolas of the Woodland Realm (The.Lord of the Rings)

* Real-world example: Rita Jeptoo, Boston Marathon record holder; Jan Frodeno, 2008 Olympic gold medalist and 2015 Ironman champion

* Typical Activities: Running, Swimming, Biking

WARRIOR

You love the idea of getting stronger and more powerful. Every day is an opportunity to move heavy things or test yourself against others in competition and prove your might.

* Fictional example: Thor of Asgard (The Avengers), Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator), Brienne of Tarth (Game of Thrones)

* Real-world example: Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, who plays The Mountain on Game of Thrones

* Typical Activities: Powerlifting, Weightlifting, Strongman Training

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I just joined today. Can you give me an overview of how this site works and how to navigate it? I am having trouble posting a new topic for the rebel introduction forum, it keeps saying that the website is timed out, but I can post comments to other people's forums. Also, how can I view my own comments on the chat and how does the chat work?

Not to be a pain in the ass... But, can dancing or aerial be added to Assassins or giving a slot in a different guild if you think they fit somewhere else? There are a lot of dancers and circus-y peeps in the Assassin group and I know they are wondering where they fit in.

• Like 6

Wherever they fit, might I suggest adding Ryan Atkins and Amelia Boone, both 2-time winners of the World's Toughest Mudder.

I'd call them Rangers, but they could fit into a couple different classes pretty easily.  

• Like 1

Under Scouts I'd add the following :

fictional examples 

Forrest Gump

real life examples

Earl Shaffer - first person to hike the Appalachian Trail in a single hike

Dario Cologna  - Gold medalist of the 2014 Winter Olympics in the 30 km Skiathlon

do rebles get a little shiny thing over here

<=========

Yes, it is an option if you look in the edit profile screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, LadyNarshisch said:

I came to this site through the book, Level Up Your Life. Can the classes maybe be updated to reflect non-physical attributes as well?

I'm curious about what you mean about "non-physical attributes."  The classes here are based around the physical activities, and the non-physical attributes are things that any class can do.  I'm a monk who counts calories, but I know there are monks who don't.  There are warriors who read voracious amounts of books, and I bet there are Druids who probably don't care all that much about book counts.

I guess I'm just wondering what you think non-physical attributes added to the classes would add.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, knifeboots said:

Where would hockey players fit, guild-wise?

Kinda depends on your training goals and focus at the time. I think two or three hockey players found their way into the rangers guild for the mix of conditioning and lifting encouragement. That said, most the warriors are do cardio this summer, but we like to think we're the go to place to gripe about reps and sets for those focusing on weight training. 

• Like 1