Tremble World, For I Am Still Rocking

Which is to say-salutations. I've recently joined due to the fact a, nerds to chat with about working out seemed like a win, and b, I do need me some motivation.

I've practiced martial arts (goju-ryu and shorin-ryu karate) and whatever I needed to adapt to to spar against new and old partners. I USED to work out rather a lot, but school and depression caught up with me. I'm also here because frankly, I have anxiety and depression issues (hm...tautology?) and working out helps them. The problem is motivation to get myself to actually do anything.

So here I stand. We'll see how this goes. But again, hullo.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma-which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Greetings!

Motivation has always been my biggest challenge as well. For me it's reassuring to know I'm not alone in this. I'm also a newbie on this board and have suffered from anxiety and depression on and off. It was a challenge for me to think about all of these factors as being related...what I have found to be helpful (somewhat) has been self-acceptance. I am building the proverbial 'muscles' in the ability to look inward, realize I'm feeling depressed, anxious, or unmotivated, then accept those feelings, say to myself "I am feeling depressed/anxious/unmotivated", then letting that go and going to work out. ;-)

Lesson learned the hard way was that one can't be in denial about their state of mind, but one can choose not to let it rule his or her actions in that moment. I'm slowly but surely getting into that mental state where I have experienced for myself the mood and energy boosting effect of working out, not to mention the self-esteem building aspect of meeting a goal, improving numbers/reps, stepping up to the full range-of-motion exercise from the modified or assisted one and so on. Now I feel off I don't do some form of exercise at least 3 days a week.

Hope that makes sense/helps! Best of luck with your fitness goals.