I enjoy long romantic walks to the fridge... [open pvp] (4 Jan 2016 - 31 Jan 2016])

I enjoy long romantic walks to the fridge....well it all counts in this PvP!!!

This is a walking PvP that will be running during the current 4 week challenge from Jan 4 to Jan 31 2016

5 levels:

Titanium - 128 km's (80 miles)

Gold - 96 km's (60 miles)

Silver - 64 km's (40 miles)

Bronze - 32 km's (20 miles)

Copper - 19 km's (12 miles)

PVP Rules

1. Pick a level above that will stretch you but you think you can make. During the challenge walk that many km's in 4 weeks.

2. Sign up in this sheet and track your km/miles during the 4 week challenge.

3. Specify after your name either (walking) or (pedometer) depending on if you will be tracking either just specific "I'm going for a walk" distances (walking) or I will track steps by wearing a pedometer/fitbit/etc. (pedometer). It's easier to get more mileage using a pedometer so we want to keep you accountable to hit those higher medals   ;)

4. Any amusing walking gifs are most welcome   :)

Anyone is welcome to join in from any guild, including recruits   :encouragement:

Theme song for this PvP, it applies to those late night fridge visits ;)

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'm in! Going for gold.

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I'm in ! never change a winning team !!!

• Like 1

Winwaloeus, level 3 ranger

STATS : STR 7 | STA 9 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

Goal 1 : walk !!! (2h27 out of a minimum 12)

20%
20%

Goal 2 : Sprint (1 out of 4)

25%
25%

Goal 3 : Lift (2 out of 12)

20%
20%

Life Goal : History work (3 out of 12 )

25%
25%

Yay!  A challenge that's ready to go for January.  I've had my eye on you guys since last challenge when I was gifted a lovely fitbit.  Going to put it to good use and join you this time around.

Any specific rules I should know about - or do I just enter what the fitbit says for miles at the end of the day?  In the interest of fairness, I do promise to take off the fitbit band when playing the piano :playful:

1988_animado.gif

(blown away by the variety of amusing animated walking gifs)

• Like 3

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

Yay!  A challenge that's ready to go for January.  I've had my eye on you guys since last challenge when I was gifted a lovely fitbit.  Going to put it to good use and join you this time around.

Any specific rules I should know about - or do I just enter what the fitbit says for miles at the end of the day?  In the interest of fairness, I do promise to take off the fitbit band when playing the piano :playful:

1988_animado.gif

Welcome.Does the fitbit count your steps when you play piano? That's funny. I've noticed it gives me a step when I buckle my seatbelt. Overall though, I think it is fairly accurate.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I'm in! Gold.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

It was the name that caught my eye, but I'm in! I'm also going for gold!

Welcome to the party! Great to have you along :)

1988_animado.gif

No specific rules other than add (fitbit) after your name in the sheet and update as you go. Not compulsary to update daily but at least once a week is a good idea and the more often the better for motivation I find. Good to have you along for the journey :encouragement:

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

January is what sets me up for the rest of year so I'm going for Titanium. Specific walks only, don't have a fitbit but do have a very active puppy who's going to love me this month!

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Welcome.Does the fitbit count your steps when you play piano? That's funny. I've noticed it gives me a step when I buckle my seatbelt. Overall though, I think it is fairly accurate.

Yeah, the fitbit is pretty funny.  It's still a new toy to me, so I haven't found all the tricks yet.  Piano is the only real laughable mistake I've found.  I don't play every day, but a half hour really ramped up my steps one day.  I like the seatbelt buckling.  It's like a bonus for safe drivers :)

I'm going to shoot for 100 miles this challenge.  That's between 8000 and 9000 fitbit steps a day.

Somehow walking with a fitbit doesn't sound nearly as rewarding as walking with a puppy, though.  Happy fitbits don't wag their tails and give smooshy kisses.

• Like 1

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

I'm finally back on NF so I'm in and my puppy will likewise be thrilled. I've been WAAAAYYY too lazy lately and she is getting stir crazy. If we have more weeks of mostly negative temps it'll be hard but I've got to get back in the swing of things so I'll really push myself and go for Gold. 

usain-bolt-sprint.gif

• Like 1

1st  -  2nd  -  3rd  -  4th  -  Current Challenge

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

I'm in! But it'll be hard to update regularly due to no cell service/no internet without driving.

I have a JawboneUp but it doesn't work very well without service. :(

But I can walk!

*edit* or harder than I thought because I can't figure out how to edit the spreadsheet on my phone!

Going for Bronze. :-)

• Like 1

6 km's with the hound, I'm off to a good start on day 1! 

Nicely done. Your post both inspired and guilted me (thinking of my pup) so I got in a quick mile with the Doggel during my lunch break and, as I did not freeze to death after all, I'll go for a couple more after work.

• Like 3

1st  -  2nd  -  3rd  -  4th  -  Current Challenge

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

Your post both inspired and guilted me (thinking of my pup) so I got in a quick mile

guilt is such a powerful tool. :) A dog is handy motivation too. I briefly tried to teach my cats to walk on leashes, but it ended with me following them and them not caring where I wanted them to go. LOL at least I don't have to drag them.

• Like 3

MFP: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/rkonie Name: RKonie

I went on my first snow walk of the season in 12 degrees. They don't plow the walking path at work, so I may have to start going on morning walks to make up the difference once the snow buries it.

• Like 4

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

Nicely done. Your post both inspired and guilted me (thinking of my pup) so I got in a quick mile with the Doggel during my lunch break and, as I did not freeze to death after all, I'll go for a couple more after work.

Ha! Glad to be of use :)

Here's another one for you....a very wet 6km's in the rain with very tired legs but the dog loved it ;)

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Ha! Glad to be of use :)

Here's another one for you....a very wet 6km's in the rain with very tired legs but the dog loved it ;)

When you go out in the morning, do you wait until sunrise or go while it's still dark?

• Like 1